You Should Be Thrilled After Last Nights Game--I Am

MSalmon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that changed was the Message Board attitude. The Falcons will not score a TD on every drive. The Offense has room to grow, and Julio is that much better that everyone else. Everyone is getting or staying healthy and preparing for the real season.

What was legit about it. Tannehill pretty much had his way with the starters in the rainy conditions

Watch again, my friend. He got some yards...but they weren't punching it in on at will...and I guarantee we haven't seen half the packages Quinn/Smith have

Also watch where Tannehills yards accumulate most--in cover 3 shells...

I don't know that were Seattle good, but we're good on defense...maybe top 15

The only thing that changed was the Message Board attitude. The Falcons will not score a TD on every drive. The Offense has room to grow, and Julio is that much better that everyone else. Everyone is getting or staying healthy and preparing for the real season.

Yup, plus two starting wrs, Freeman and a tinkered OL was in...quinn and gang were still evaluating players and. Doing as you said resting folks

Defense has looked a lot better. We had great skill positions on offense and a great cornerback last year. We now look to have a solid defense. My only area of concern is the offensive line.

Mine too...that said with Julio and Roddy and Freeman in the OL can be at least compensated for. Hanker son is a good pickup but he's no Julio in getting to routes quickly and Julio is a YAC guy

Roddy is sure handed usually as well

I noticed one expected negative concerning Matt and all the rbs...not there on timing like he is with Freeman and Freeman despite being an average runner is an outstanding receiver on 3rd or hot reads. That phins DL would have been stalled quite a bit with Julio and Freeman in.. And had they doubled Julio Roddy would have nailed them on short routes

Miami has a horrendous O-Line and we didn't even get in the zip code of Tannehill. Who by the way is one of the most sacked QB's in the league.

I agree with nomak

Most of his passes were check downs to the flats. Teams will have to march. We weren't that bad in the red zone either. He got rid og the ball really quickly.

Most of his passes were check downs to the flats. Teams will have to march. We weren't that bad in the red zone either. He got rid og the ball really quickly.

Did you like the part where Tannehill stood in the pocket had a snack, checked messages on his iphone before throwing to the flat ?

Seriously the DB's and LB'rs played well the D-line played like ****.

Considering the offense didn't do anything in the 1st half and we were only down by a point was a good sign in my book.

Last yr, we would've been down by a lot more. They picked up some yards, but it tighten when it needed to.

Well said. Last year, even in preseason, had our offense sputtered we'd give 3 TDs

Did you like the part where Tannehill stood in the pocket had a snack, checked messages on his iphone before throwing to the flat ?

Seriously the DB's and LB'rs played well the D-line played like ****.

Yup. Also saw him make a 5 yd completion and them go 3 and out. That's the basic of cover 3 and zone coverage. Even if you can't get pressure keep the play in front of you and don't give up big plays

The panic on these boards are comical. A functional D which we seem to have and Ryan picking his spots will be enough early on to keep us in games until the ZBS oline comes together. It was 7-6 when the basic starters were in not 30-0 folks. Can't even say that Quinn went by the script as he was constantly moving folks in and out. Julio played 1 snap. Ryan a few series...

The panic on these boards are comical. A functional D which we seem to have and Ryan picking his spots will be enough early on to keep us in games until the ZBS oline comes together. It was 7-6 when the basic starters were in not 30-0 folks. Can't even say that Quinn went by the script as he was constantly moving folks in and out. Julio played 1 snap. Ryan a few series...

You're cutting and pasting your responses?

That is hilarious. You have something in common with last night's offensive line. You're mailing it in too.

Yup. Also saw him make a 5 yd completion and them go 3 and out. That's the basic of cover 3 and zone coverage. Even if you can't get pressure keep the play in front of you and don't give up big plays

This. Every defensive play isn't about getting pressure on a QB on passing plays. It's about scheming correctly, making the QB throw where you want him to throw, and making the tackles to get your defense off the field.

I think the defense is likely top 20, maybe top 15. I've been mostly pleased with them, and if we can get either Hageman or Jarrett to step up big, we'll be hard to deal with.

The OL has been very frustrating on the other side, though. It's clear that with a decent to good interior OL (the thing that controls the pocket, and interior run game) this team has a great chance to win a good number of games. But the quickest way to nullify our entire offense is interior pressure. All the WRs don't matter if the QB is getting rocked. I'll never understand why more wasn't invested in the LG/C/RG combo, since it's probably the one "group" that most controls our record this year.