Analyzing The O-Line

EightyEight

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it seems crazy to me to think Asamoah would not be one of the "best 5" offensive linemen. Even if Asamoah is better in MBS than ZBS, we need strong players on interior to protect the franchise.

Start Asamoah!!!

I can't believe our best OL is sitting on the bench. That's terrible coaching and front office planning. At the very least, you trade him. Dude is young and one of the best guards in the league. Only the Falcons would have him on the bench.

This was supposed to be the "dress rehersal" game - "the offensive line were who we thought they were". Granted the Dolphins D-Line is very good, but average offensive lines hold up better than that beotch.

Did Asamoah play tonite? How did he do? I had my 80lb lap dog (Doberman) sitting with me and I could not focus as much as I wanted on the O-Line other than seeing us getting dominated.

It was supposed to be, but it wasn't. Mixing your o line up against that front is simply asking for trouble. That said, I'm still concerned.

I did watch Asamoah and he was like a brick wall when the DT ran into him. To me he is the only interior lineman that can consistently win 1on 1s.

I can't believe we didn't address the line in FA or the draft, and no those back ups we signed don't count.

It was crystal clear what the two biggest weaknesses on the line were last year. At center and right tackle. For the PFF lovers who try to convince us, despite what I see on the field, that Schroeder is anything but average, just stop being ridiculous.

Instead of the front offic addressing these weaknesses they created another hole by getting rid of an above averag/good LG in blaylock! Mathis signed for 2.5 in Denver, so we couldn't get him for 4.5?!

I don't see why people are begging for Asamoah to replace stone. Stone is not the guy in front Asamoah , it's Chester. You guys want Jon to start, tell him to beat out Chester because lord knows Jon can't play anything besides right guard

I've seen on Twitter Quinn quoted as saying Asamoah is still in the mix for LG.. I'll try to find it.

Here: "@andrewhirsh: DQ said on Thursday that Jon Asamoah is very much in the mix at LG. James Stone needs to be better to keep a starting job."

I've seen on Twitter Quinn quoted as saying Asamoah is still in the mix for LG.. I'll try to find it.

Here: "@andrewhirsh: DQ said on Thursday that Jon Asamoah is very much in the mix at LG. James Stone needs to be better to keep a starting job."

Asamoah in the mix at left guard but we have yet to see him line up there All offseason . I am not even talking about just preseason. Seems legit............. Edited by R_The_Great

Asamoah in the mix at left guard but we have yet to see him line up there All offseason . I am not even talking about just preseason. Seems legit.............

The way the coaching staff has handled the Oline has not been smart, frankly. Talking about the offseason too. But we've made our bed and now we have to sleep in it

Time is now to see what Aso has at LG

If we get LG shored up, our starting unit is good. Even with a suspect LG, our starting unit is average. Hawley has to be out there at C tho, not Person. My problem with everything is our depth. There are far too many possible scenarios where our line goes to straight trash, and the law of averages is hard to sneak by..

Edited by Dirtybird56

Agree on your call of who the starting 5 should be. Matthews-Chester-Hawley-Asamoah-Schraeder.

It appears Quinn and TD decided to shore up the D in Year One of what was ways going to be a 2-year reconstruction of the LOS. Their assumption being that a much improved D would take some pressure off the Offense. Ryan will need to be great to survive and guide the Offense to respectability. Year 2 will either fix the OL atrocity or continue to risk the life of the only 8-figure player on the team.

I saw this posted on the falcoholic... tweets...

As much as I respect Vaughn McClure, I strongly disagree with two things he has said about our offensive linemen this year. Lamar Holmes was NOT "demoted". And Asamoah is not a mismatch for our scheme.

Holmes was simply filling in on the first unit until Jake could practice, then he returned to his regular spot on the second unit. Thats not a demotion. McClure had made it sound like Holmes was doing poorly when he wasnt. And Asamoah had worked mostly with Polumbus before he got banged up. So when he returned and was still working his way up to speed, it was a pretty simple move for the coaching staff to keep working him with Polumbus.

But tonight had a really strong hint that Asamoah is still in the mix for the starting job. Specifically, the team had Hawley wait to come in until Asamaoah was out there. They had Hawley, Asamoah and Schraeder working together. That is likely your starting line, with Matthews and Chester on the left side.

Agree on your call of who the starting 5 should be. Matthews-Chester-Hawley-Asamoah-Schraeder.

It appears Quinn and TD decided to shore up the D in Year One of what was ways going to be a 2-year reconstruction of the LOS. Their assumption being that a much improved D would take some pressure off the Offense. Ryan will need to be great to survive and guide the Offense to respectability. Year 2 will either fix the OL atrocity or continue to risk the life of the only 8-figure player on the team.

Chester and Asamoah need to switch sides since Chester is a better run blocker and Asamoah is the better pass blocker

I did watch Asamoah and he was like a brick wall when the DT ran into him. To me he is the only interior lineman that can consistently win 1on 1s.

I can't believe we didn't address the line in FA or the draft, and no those back ups we signed don't count.

It was crystal clear what the two biggest weaknesses on the line were last year. At center and right tackle. For the PFF lovers who try to convince us, despite what I see on the field, that Schroeder is anything but average, just stop being ridiculous.

Instead of the front offic addressing these weaknesses they created another hole by getting rid of an above averag/good LG in blaylock! Mathis signed for 2.5 in Denver, so we couldn't get him for 4.5?!

Our offensive line was already weak going into the year - changing systems and lessening what Asamoah is good at - made us even weaker......I realize this is a "war" (long-term) and not a "battle" (short-term) and we may win the war but we are definitely losing this battle right now.

jeez the 'could've had mathis' people annoy me. mathis was not gonna sign here.

“The No. 1 priority in finding a new place to play was playing for a contender,” Mathis said. “The Broncos weren’t in the mix early on. They were kind of the darkhorse in the race. They emerged here late and I just couldn’t turn down that opportunity.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/26/evan-mathis-i-just-couldnt-turn-down-broncos-opportunity/

Mathis ended up costing himself a lot of money, though he insists he turned down a $5.5 million deal to play for a contender for less mone

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-add-guard-evan-mathis--whose-contract-complains-cost-him-a-lot-222533510.html

Edited by HEIST

Thomas Dimitroff has proven he can not draft linemen. Hopefully the headcoach will do the drafting in the future.

According to TATF Pioli has run the last 2 drafts with Quinn getting the players he wanted this draft. Waited until the 7th Rd to draft an o lineman and only drafted 1 the year before (Matthews)

The way the coaching staff has handled the Oline has not been smart, frankly. Talking about the offseason too. But we've made our bed and now we have to sleep in it

Time is now to see what Aso has at LG

If we get LG shored up, our starting unit is good. Even with a suspect LG, our starting unit is average. Hawley has to be out there at C tho, not Person. There are far too many possible scenarios where our line goes to straight trash, and the law of averages is hard to sneak by..

Your last sentence is right on the money from what I saw last night. The second-most glaring weakness on this team was not addressed adequately over the off-season. Very sobering and disappointing to say the least.