Keep Making Excuses

Xfactor

This was a dress rehearsal of whats coming week one and we just got rolled. Don't give a **** it's only 7-6 we were beat in the first half in just about every phase of the game.

Starters vs starters

O-Line couldn't stop anyone at anytime including the 2nd string D-Line

Ryan sacked 3 times in the 1st quarter he had no time to throw. It wouldn't have matter if 3 Julios were in the game. Ryan taken out with over 8 minutes left in the 2nd I assure you that wasn't the plan.

No running game see O-Line

Holes in the secondary and piss poor tackling

Zero pressure on the QB, Tannehill had all day.

Luckily we have the easiest schedule and will play some bad teams but until Quinn gets some O-Line talent in here expect these games when you run into very good defenses and no this can't be fixed in 2 weeks.

I really hope Ryan doesn't get hurt this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing to see this OL look so completely over-matched, but not really unexpected with that DL of Miami. They got flat-headed. Curb stomped. We'll just have to see how they respond going into next week and the first regular game, but this unit still seems perilously low on talent.

This was a dress rehearsal of whats coming week one and we just got rolled. Don't give a **** it's only 7-6 we were beat in the first half in just about every phase of the game.

Starters vs starters

Ryan sacked 3 times in the 1st quarter no time to throw. It wouldn't matter if 3 Julios were in the game. Ryan taken out with over 8 minutes left in the 2nd I assure you that wasn't the plan.

Zero pressure on the QB LB'rs making all the stops

Luckily we have the easiest schedule and will play some bad teams but until Quinn gets some O-Line talent in here expect these games when you run into very good defenses and no this can't be fixed in 2 weeks.

Not making excuses but the whole "dress rehearsal" statement is a bit over used. The truth is we don't know with absolute certainty what the "plan for this game was. Case in point Big Ben played exactly 1 series today for the steelers. I'm just saying it could have been the plan to play Matt the whole half or to yank him early you nor I can say for certain. Also there was still some shuffling around with players on both sides of the ball today seems like the staff is still evaluating and determining the best combinations

No one is happy with what they saw but baiting and whining won't fix it. Go away.....

I have no clue who you are but I'm not baiting nor whining just stating facts.

I've been a fan longer than you probably have been alive so I think I'll stay right here wink.png

I've been a fan longer than you probably have been alive so I think I'll stay right here wink.png

And I have never heard of you but baiting and whining is exactly what you're doing. Everybody saw the same thing. This thread serves no other purpose. Oh and I seriously doubt you are a fan of 46 years but anyway......

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

I've been a fan longer than you probably have been alive so I think I'll stay right here ;)

Man it's an issue no doubt but spreading the obvious is like cancer round here.

Like Falcan Moore said above check out the state of the defense when the offense struggles the defense is stepping up and keeping us in the game.

Man cry all you like about the o-line our defense is flat out going to win us some games this year.

Not making excuses but the whole "dress rehearsal" statement is a bit over used. The truth is we don't know with absolute certainty what the "plan for this game was. Case in point Big Ben played exactly 1 series today for the steelers. I'm just saying it could have been the plan to play Matt the whole half or to yank him early you nor I can say for certain. Also there was still some shuffling around with players on both sides of the ball today seems like the staff is still evaluating and determining the best combinations

Good point I'm not trying to start anything the same people bashing here will probably be calling for Quinn's head at the end of the season laugh.png

That was probably some of the ugliest football I've seen in awhile but luckily we won't be facing Miami type defenses all season.

Starters vs starters

Ryan sacked 3 times in the 1st quarter he had no time to throw. It wouldn't have matter if 3 Julios were in the game. Ryan taken out with over 8 minutes left in the 2nd I assure you that wasn't the plan.

Zero pressure on the QB, Tannehill had all day.

Only a blind fool can't see that our defense and pass rush is much better.

Man it's an issue no doubt but spreading the obvious is like cancer round here.

Like Falcan Moore said above check out the state of the defense when the offense struggles the defense is stepping up and keeping us in the game.

Man cry all you like about the o-line our defense is flat out going to win us some games this year.

Totally agree kiwi the D will keep us in some games but not getting any pressure on Tannehill was discouraging.

Wise statement. Preseason is what it is, figuring out your roster, prepping the youth, and giving guys a stage to show their worth. Dress rehearsal is a way of increasing sales/ratings.

Totally agree kiwi the D will keep us in some games but not getting any pressure on Tannehill was discouraging.

Mate to be honest i don't care how ugly it looks if we can get W's thats all that matters to me.

I trust the coaches will go back and have a look at the film and get stuff soughted.

We aren't the same team as last year I'd rather play ugly now and come in firing.

And I have never heard of you but baiting and whining is exactly what you're doing. Everybody saw the same thing. This thread serves no other purpose. Oh and I seriously doubt you are a fan of 46 years but anyway......

You are correct it's been 43 years. Honestly I was amazed at how bad we looked against a good defense. What you and I just saw can't be fixed without talent and we have very little protecting our franchise QB.