Yet Another Reason Why I Love Quinn

Guest Gritz

I just heard a sound bite with coach Quinn on 92.9 The Game while I was out tooling around in my truck. Coach was talking about what he needed to see from both Yates and Renfree in tonight's game.

"From T.J. we need to see better accuracy with the ball and better decisions. From Sean we need to see some more playing time, but we also need to see more urgency."

And there it is. Plain talk. Straight talk. Accurate talk. Man, that is just refreshing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, that is pretty much word for word what I was talking with my dad about Sean. Yates was more like we should cut him, but close enough.

Yeah, I think there's more gold to be mined from Renfree. T.J., I don't think it's there. Don't dislike him but he just doesn't look like a competent NFL QB, backup or otherwise.

I understand we fans want someone different(new)from Smitty, but until he puts up similar or better results...no love yet.

Direct or indirect speak...we need results before love.

so true. while I find his openness interesting, and question/answer sessions more enjoyable to watch, if he can't win games, he'll get roasted for his candid interviews. he'll be the coach who just loves to hear himself talk.

hopefully not though, because I think his approach has been awesome

so true. while I find his openness interesting, and question/answer sessions more enjoyable to watch, if he can't win games, he'll get roasted for his candid interviews. he'll be the coach who just loves to hear himself talk.

hopefully not though, because I think his approach has been awesome

Yep, I think Quinn was the right choice...I believe he has us on the right track.

A coach being candid or lack of it never really matters...its the end result.

All things considered, 2007 and Falcon history...Smitty set that 5 year bar high.

I wish Quinn all good fortune.

I understand we fans want someone different(new)from Smitty, but until he puts up similar or better results...no love yet.

Direct or indirect speak...we need results before love.

I can respect that opinion, but I go in the other direction.

If a coach or a manager comes to lead one of my teams and has a plan, an approach and a resumé that looks impressive I'm going to be on his side and give him my "love" until he gives me a reason to abandon him.

I can respect that opinion, but I go in the other direction.

If a coach or a manager comes to lead one of my teams and has a plan, an approach and a resumé that looks impressive I'm going to be on his side and give him my "love" until he gives me a reason to abandon him.

Respect...it took me longer to love Smitty who had an exhibited his plan,approach and resume early on...successfully.

I just heard a sound bite with coach Quinn on 92.9 The Game while I was out tooling around in my truck. Coach was talking about what he needed to see from both Yates and Renfree in tonight's game.

"From T.J. we need to see better accuracy with the ball and better decisions. From Sean we need to see some more playing time, but we also need to see more urgency."

And there it is. Plain talk. Straight talk. Accurate talk. Man, that is just refreshing.

It's so refreshing to not have a coach say something like "we like both guys and there's some things they could improve" or some other generic bs.

I also get a strong feeling that our young players will grow throughout the year rather than redshirting and trying to make a difference in year two. He has built a staff of teachers which lends itself to playing and winning with young players which is something that a "team built through the draft" must do. We seem much better equipped to succeed in that now.

One playoff win in 7 years is not setting the bar high. Smitty got us to some success, but let's face it, even mediocrity feels good after so many losing seasons, the Vick scandal and Petrino jilting us.

Smitty brought us fundamentals, but I am going to put this out there: we owe more to our success to Matt Ryan than we do Mike Smith.

One playoff win in 7 years is not setting the bar high. Smitty got us to some success, but let's face it, even mediocrity feels good after so many losing seasons, the Vick scandal and Petrino jilting us.

Smitty brought us fundamentals, but I am going to put this out there: we owe more to our success to Matt Ryan than we do Mike Smith.

Completely agree but you better put on your flame suit. The Smitty apologists don't like ill will being spoke about Smitty.

wgaf what they sound like in interviews? the point is to have success on the field. if he does not have it, i could care less what he has to say to reporters.

First of all, switch to decaf.

Second, it doesn't take the brightest intellect in the world to figure out that a coach who is this up front and honest with his players is probably going to have their attention and get the best performances out of them....which will more than likely equal success on the field.