Anyone In Fl Going To Game Tonight?

~SEAMILL~

Actually kinda bummed I am not. Poor planning on my part, I said yes to something for work I really didn't have to do. At the time I didn't realize it was the day of the game. Those buttheads already know I'm watching it and doing my normal board stuff though.

Speaking of normal board stuff, chat link?

I know some of you live in south Florida and might be going to the game? tuggle? Anyone else? Say hello if you see a red Gonzalez Nike jersey. My real name is Chris.

I had tickets for my hubby and me - and we were going to take off early this morning to go down for the game, but because of the approaching storm, I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to head down for the week - so I gave them to my granddaughter and her husband. They will be there to represent the Birds!

I had tickets for my hubby and me - and we were going to take off early this morning to go down for the game, but because of the approaching storm, I decided to wait until tomorrow morning to head down for the week - so I gave them to my granddaughter and her husband. They will be there to represent the Birds!

didn't you have a bad experience the last time you went to Miami? lol

didn't you have a bad experience the last time you went to Miami? lol

It poured down raining the last time I went. I had this lovely rain poncho on - and it was raining so hard, I had leaned forward in the seat to protect my face - not realizing that the rain was building up between my back and the seat - caught in the poncho. When it finally slowed down, I leaned back and it drenched me - cold and wet!

It was horrible weather - another reason I thought about it this time - and decided to let the youngins take on the elements - since it's preseason and all ph34r.pngtongue.png

Was thinking of driving down from Orlando for the game but I don't think I want to with the weather and how muggy it is today. Going to be raining all afternoon. Plus we get the game here on the Miami feed. Still waiting to make a decision.

On a side note, SunLife stadium is in the process of a renovation. They replaced all the seating (upgrades?) and will add a soccer stadium-type cover next year. Check out some of the fly-over videos, the place will look pretty good.

Yeah, I think they took some notes from the Marlins. That stadium is amazing. SunLife needed something desperately. You tend to spend too much time up vying for a picnic bench to get out of the rain or the intense heat - and you really can't see what's going on from there.

Yeah, I think they took some notes from the Marlins. That stadium is amazing. SunLife needed something desperately. You tend to spend too much time up vying for a picnic bench to get out of the rain or the intense heat - and you really can't see what's going on from there.

I love Marlins Stadium. I always go a few times a year when the Braves are in town. I imagine that the Mercedes Stadium will have a similar lighting effect and overall experience just a whole lot bigger and grander.

I hate the stupid Marlin Home Run thing though. lol

I love Marlins Stadium. I always go a few times a year when the Braves are in town. I imagine that the Mercedes Stadium will have a similar lighting effect and overall experience just a whole lot bigger and grander.

It is a superior stadium, for sure. And I hate the home run thing looks like a cheesy carnival game - tongue.png

edit - don't you want to shoot the Marlin as it goes by - or the seagull. Just sayin'

It is a superior stadium, for sure. And I hate the home run thing looks like a cheesy carnival game - tongue.png

edit - don't you want to shoot the Marlin as it goes by - or the seagull. Just sayin'

I know you don't care, but I think every stadium needs a swimming pool with girls in bikinis in it. lol

Yeah though, I want to take a bat to the Marlin thing. Like a game of Whack-a-Mole!

I know you don't care, but I think every stadium needs a swimming pool with girls in bikinis in it. lol

Yeah though, I want to take a bat to the Marlin thing. Like a game of Whack-a-Mole!

Oh I think the pools are cool. Even Jax has the pool thing going on.

Not sure how well it'd go over in say .... Lambeau in mid-December though.

Thinking it will be empty as well. Ticketmaster has so many available seats in addition to the resale stuff being dirt cheap. Couch and AC feel to good with the big screen on to be battling nasty muggy rain storms.

Edited by mjqvi

That sun-blocking screen will be a very welcome addition.

Marlins stadium is one of the best baseball stadiums I have attended, but that ridiculous moving bilboard needs to go.