This Truly Is Our Team

We are at that time of year when the talking heads, both in print and in on-air journalism, make their guesses about which individuals and teams will be successful this year.

While there appears to be some pockets of positive press about both Falcons players and the organization as a whole, by and large Flowery Branch and the activities it houses are flying under the radar.

As a lifelong fan of the Falcons I have grown used to this phenomenon...and I really don't care any longer. It just cements the fact that this is OUR team. The dedicated, hardcore fans of the Atlanta Falcons.

We know what our history is. We know that there have been more losing seasons than winning ones. We're painfully aware of the missteps and blunders the different makeups of the front office have made. We all suffered together through the disastrous, biblically bad year in 2007, and still came out of it as Falcons fans.

So as we get ready to start anew with a new head coach and a phalanx of energized new players I tell you as one Falcons fan to another (and remind myself too): Don't worry about what others say or don't say about the Falcons. They have no emotional or tangible investment in them.

This is our team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea, but people will always complain about ESPN and NFLN like their analysis means anything. It's just a bunch of former players cackling and yelling at each other arguing over terms like "elite" that are meaningless.

But...people will eat it up because that's why those networks exist.They get the fly-over state rubes to parrot what they say and tune in.

I've said it many times and I'll probably say it many more times, There has never been a Falcon team like this one.. Not even close.. This team with this Coach will go where no Falcon team has gone before. You can't go somewhere you never been before until you do something you've never done before. And Blank did many things this past off season that no owner has ever done,, Hire the right Coach.....

We are at that time of year when the talking heads, both in print and in on-air journalism, make their guesses about which individuals and teams will be successful this year.

While there appears to be some pockets of positive press about both Falcons players and the organization as a whole, by and large Flowery Branch and the activities it houses are flying under the radar.

As a lifelong fan of the Falcons I have grown used to this phenomenon...and I really don't care any longer. It just cements the fact that this is OUR team. The dedicated, hardcore fans of the Atlanta Falcons.

We know what our history is. We know that there have been more losing seasons than winning ones. We're painfully aware of the missteps and blunders the different makeups of the front office has made. We all suffered together through the disastrous, biblically bad year in 2007, and still came out of it as Falcons fans.

So as we get ready to start anew with a new head coach and a phalanx of energized new players I tell you as one Falcons fan to another (and remind myself too): Don't worry about what others say or don't say about the Falcons. They have no emotional or tangible investment in them.

This is our team.

81188-Loki-fuck-yeah-gif-EWzc.gif

We know what our history is. We know that there have been more losing seasons than winning ones. We're painfully aware of the missteps and blunders the different makeups of the front office has made. We all suffered together through the disastrous, biblically bad year in 2007, and still came out of it as Falcons fans.

This is our team.

1000 + Great post - and so much truth in those paragraphs!

I am actually somewhat surprised when they do talk about the Falcons for more than a brief second. I'm even somewhat surprised on ESPN if there is a sidebar about a Falcons topic coming and they actually get to it. Normally, they break for commercial right before and it just disappears from the upcoming topics list.

So, I guess I've adjusted to this as well. It's one of the reasons I love this message board. It's a place where we can get news, share news and discuss the team. Actually give them the kind of attention that the Steelers, Eagles, Cowboys, Patriots and other shining stars get in the rest of the media world.

Thank goodness for this board - and thank goodness for our die-hard, loyal, fans. People can say what they want about Falcon fans, but I've always said this - We may not have the largest fan base in the NFL - but we have some true blue fans who have stuck through some nasty years as a Falcon fan. You, my friend - are one of them!

This is our team.

You lost me at phalanx.........what does it cure and is anal leakage one of the side-effects?

The Local media stinks much worse than the national media here in Atlanta. These guy are suppose to actually follow the Falcons but don't in reality. They make excesses for our improved offense and defense..like its only preseason etc. But when the team struggles with something like running the football with undrafted free agents, they talk about it all week as proof the Falcons will be 7-9!

Back in 2008 I was very excited about Smitty and moving the **** away from the Petrino debacle. I have to say I have that good vibe again but on a higher level. I hope good things are in store for us again.

I truly believe we are headed in the right direction with Coach Quinn.

This is the first coaching hire the Falcons have ever made where I thought immediately "This guy is going to get us a Superbowl win."