What Changes Do You Expect After Preseason In Playcalling? Aka No Vanilla Plays

xskyx

I think it all depends on how successful we are running the football. If we can run it, the "new" focus on balanced offense on Saturday will feel revolutionary. However, if we can't run it, it will feel a lot like last year's play selection (pass, run, pass).

During the regular season: Those who tired of the WR screens to Julio....you will be disappointed. You will see it in most games. I'm sure of it. It sets up so many other things off that overload to one side.

Just wondering what types of plays you expect to see in regular season? Coaches show pure vanilla in preseaason.

Not much different than what you saw in preseason. Only thing we haven't seen yet is Matt bombing it deep to Julio or Hankerson on a deep crossing route. Don't be surprised to see Shanahan call the same play back to back from different formations. As far as I know, there aren't many plays Shanahan runs, he just runs them from a bunch of different formations.

I think you will see Ryan finding all sorts of targets. I think he'll be better at reading defenses and instead of changing the play he'll make plays by going to his third and forth reads. We've already seen the offense attacking with just the receivers and a fullback through the air. I excited to see what the RB's can do in the passing game. I do think screens will be rare, but used in surprise situations, and the same with reverses.

Something like this with his boy Rex...

johnny-manziel-trick-play-called-back.gi

LMAO ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME? sHANAHAN'S A GENIUS

Edit: I see the play was called back because of an illegal shift, but that level of ingenuity and creativity is awesome (and funny)

Edited by likeriver