Tony Romo Wouldn't Let Dez Holdout...

Rave

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo wasn't going to let wide receiver Dez Bryant skip regular season games if No. 88 had held out.

Bryant threatened to sit out a considerable amount of time if he didn't receive a new long-term deal by July 15, the deadline to sign franchise-tagged players. Bryant had already missed most of the offseason training program, so the threat was credible.

Romo spoke with Rolling Stone magazine in a special on Bryant about how he wasn't going to let the star receiver miss any games.

"If he'd held out through camp," Romo said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News, "I'd have driven to his house and handed him my game check to suit up."

That just goes to show what kind of team player Romo is and how important Bryant is to the Cowboys. Also to note, Romo restructured his contract during offseason and would have taken a pay cut to keep running back DeMarco Murray.

When the Cowboys began training camp, the Romo and Bryant hit the field together which was symbolic of their friendship. Romo has described their relationship as brotherly.

Related: Tony Romo on Dez Bryant: 'He's like a little brother to me'

Bryant is currently on the cover of Rolling Stone. Copies of the pop culture magazine can be picked up at newsstands now.

Why is that? Because he beat Romo last time?

No, because, in all honesty, Im not impressed with him.

If I were starting a team I would take Tony Romo ahead of him, regardless of age.

Now, if we were involving age I would take Andrew Luck over any QB in the league.

Ryan would not even be in the top 10 of QBs I would consider.

Meh

Im just telling the truth. I do not see him as the guy I would build a team around. Personally, it has nothing to do with his ability as a leader of a football team, but he doesnt have the tools I would look for in a QB.

Andrew Luck is the perfect specimen of the type of QB I would want.

Russell Wilson is a close second.

Im just telling the truth. I do not see him as the guy I would build a team around. Personally, it has nothing to do with his ability as a leader of a football team, but he doesnt have the tools I would look for in a QB.

Andrew Luck is the perfect specimen of the type of QB I would want.

Russell Wilson is a close second.

Hard to take you seriously when you say he is not even in the top 10?

Hard to take you seriously when you say he is not even in the top 10?

Reading comprehension. Never said he wasnt a top 10 QB. I said hes not in MY TOP 10 to start a team with.

Face it, not every OC or HC in the nation in the NFL or not, would take Ryan to run their offense.

Would you want Ryan in a Read Option offense? No.

Would you want Ryan in a Spread offense? No.

Ryan's best fit is in a West Coast offense.

Something I would have no interest in running.

Why is it a threat to some of you that not everyone would want Ryan behind center in their offense?

Reading comprehension. Never said he wasnt a top 10 QB. I said hes not in MY TOP 10 to start a team with.

Face it, not every OC or HC in the nation in the NFL or not, would take Ryan to run their offense.

Would you want Ryan in a Read Option offense? No.

Would you want Ryan in a Spread offense? No.

Ryan's best fit is in a West Coast offense.

Something I would have no interest in running.

Why is it a threat to some of you that not everyone would want Ryan behind center in their offense?

That's my point, he's be in almost everyone's top 10 to start a franchise...of course not yours though

What about your offense makes ryan a bad fit?

He's not as mobile and doesn't have the arm strength I like.

Nothing personal, not an attack on him, he's just not physically what I'd want behind center.

I like Romo, but wish he had a stronger arm.

Have you watched Matt the last two years at all? His mobility has improved leaps and bounds. He has had to, behind that offensive line he would be killed if he wasn't. And this offseason he got even more mobile, because Shanahans version of the west coast calls for a lot of throws down the field while bootlegging/running.

Matt will never be confused with Wilson or Kapernick, but he is what they call sneaky athletic.

Have you watched Matt the last two years at all? His mobility has improved leaps and bounds. He has had to, behind that offensive line he would be killed if he wasn't. And this offseason he got even more mobile, because Shanahans version of the west coast calls for a lot of throws down the field while bootlegging/running.

Matt will never be confused with Wilson or Kapernick, but he is what they call sneaky athletic.

Again, I never meant it as a knock on Ryan, however, I like guys like Wilson and Kap more. Just my preference.

Which is why I like Luck. He has the mobility, arm, and mind of the QB I would want.

Fair enough.

I do know this...without Matt Ryan, the Falcons would not have had five back to back winning seasons and 4 playoff appearances. So yeah, I'll take him. Luck hasn't won anything yet either...

Im more old school. I would rather have a dominant running game rather than a pass heavy offense.

That's not really plays NFL. The running game exists to set up the pass, not the other way around anymore. You don't need a top running game to win anymore, merely a mediocre one to keep teams hon at and the respecting play action. Wasn't Dez the top TD maker on your team last year? Theats the very definition of the run setting up the pass.

That's not really plays NFL. The running game exists to set up the pass, not the other way around anymore. You don't need a top running game to win anymore, merely a mediocre one to keep teams hon at and the respecting play action. Wasn't Dez the top TD maker on your team last year? Theats the very definition of the run setting up the pass.

Seattle was in the Super Bowl the last 2 years. Care to tell me again how this philosophy no longer flies in the NFL?