Tevin Coleman

mtldirtybird

Does anybody know how he has looked since his return to practice?

This kid was all everyone was talking about for months and then he got hurt and we really haven't seen anything on him yet. It's pretty exciting that Saturday he (and DFree) will be unleashed, although against a VERY stout D front...they are downright nasty...Suh wrecked the Panthers last week by himself.

Even before the injury all that was reported here was "his speed is evident"...well that's great but how has he looked in the scheme? Has he found the holes and hit them hard and that's where we saw the speed? Or was it straight line with no context of a real play?

We all know his negatives are his patience and vision behind the line, so if he has that down in this simplified scheme and we see that speed....that means he's taking it to the house. If he's struggling at the snap, there's going to be a lot of people freaking out early on here as he gets stuffed at the line.

I think he can be a monster, but with the injury it may take him a few weeks to get into a groove. I would just love to hear that before and now he is finding the holes like a champ and putting on moves.

Edited by mtldirtybird

Yeah, we're all jonesin' for a chance to watch any starting RB work in a live game. Dolphins will be one heck of a test for our Oline & backs.

But I know there will be tons of over reaction no matter what transpires. Afterall, this is over reaction city. I want both Freeman and Coleman to show some nice flash.

Yeah, we're all jonesin' for a chance to watch any starting RB work in a live game. Dolphins will be one heck of a test for our Oline & backs.

But I know there will be tons of over reaction no matter what transpires. Afterall, this is over reaction city. I want both Freeman and Coleman to show some nice flash.

agreed but if Freeman struggles I'll be a little more concerned. He is our number 1 back after all.

agreed but if Freeman struggles I'll be a little more concerned. He is our number 1 back after all.

I don't see Free struggling. Everything Freeman has shown to date has been positive. His attitude and work ethic have been noticed by many.

Our Oline needs to over achieve. If they do an adequate job, I think our backs are capable of exploiting even the slightest advantage.

Coleman needs reps to overcome the rookie learning curve to a large extent. So the reps he's missing from his foot recovery to this hamstring strain will adversely affect him more than it will Freeman.

So many factors this year to consider. I think Shanny will put these guys in position to work in space especially as receiving threats.

I too want to see them block. It's important.