The Stock Market - Whose In, What Seems To Be Of Value

dirtyhairy

I am looking at buying individual stocks and I'm looking at GLD, hovering around $107. I am excited if it drops below $105. NetFlix is another value, if it too drops another $2's.

With the DOW moving down, then back up, there is money to be made and as I'm no expert, this is fascinating times.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Such a dangerous game. Quite honestly, if you have a pretty sum I'd find a good financial advisor and go from there

I used to trade stocks when I was 15, no lie. My teacher and I used to hang out during school break times to discuss what to buy or sell. I'll never forget buying GOOG shortly after it came out. Should've invested in BIDU when it premiered or TZOO. But part of the gamble is not getting too attached and knowing when to let go

Guest facelessman07

One stock to keep an eye on is CELG. Celgene is in the process of starting Phase 3 Clinical Trials for a novel drug called mongersen, an oral medication that could be a game changer in the treatment of Crohn's Disease and potentially other autoimmune disorders. Instead of blocking TNF like other drugs, it manipulates your RNA if my memory serves correctly. Initial results have been promising but some of the methods in the study need to be refined

Keep an eye on that'un

One stock to keep an eye on is CELG. Celgene is in the process of starting Phase 3 Clinical Trials for a novel drug called mongersen, an oral medication that could be a game changer in the treatment of Crohn's Disease and potentially other autoimmune disorders. Initial results have been promising but some of the methods in the study need to be refined

Keep an eye on that'un

How much a share?

Guest facelessman07

How much a share?

Right now about $118

But if the study succeeds that number will skyrocket, easily. Celgene has big hopes for the drug, they paid $2.6 BILLION for the rights to it, development, etc

Billion with a "B"

Buying stock options are safer. You can make money whether a stock goes up or down. You have to know what you're doing in order to get out and not lose though.

I got the point where I quit watch my stock because the up and downs where stressing me a little. I honestly had no idea what to do so I left it alone.

Buying stock options are safer. You can make money whether a stock goes up or down.

You have to know what you're doing in order to get out and not lose though.

That is partially what I meant about amateurs getting killed in this market. They don't understand the volatility, they make decisions based on emotion, or they are simply ignorant to the stocks they are buying. You don't buy a stock you just started watching. You buy a stock you've watched for a while. And for ****s sake, dollar cost average your trades in this market. We could easily drop another 10%.

I play it safe and don't look for the big score. I made mine over a long period of time by not watching the market everyday.

That's what I did.

There were guys liquidating their accounts to cash... Freaking idiots

They're going to regret it by the end of the week.

Gold, Silver, and Lead.

EL Oh EL

Gold and silver are the matra of late night conservative radio... and back in 08 and 09 it was like 2.5k an oz... its now 1.1k an oz... silver is worse...

If society collapses, your gold is worthless... no one wants a shiny rock instead of life essentials...

Edited by lostone

EL Oh EL

Gold and silver are the matra of late night conservative radio... and back in 08 and 09 it was like 2.5k an oz... its now 1.1k an oz... silver is worse...

If society collapses, your gold is worthless... no one wants a shiny rock instead of life essentials...

You can at least use cash to keep a fire going. I can't come up with any survival technique for a shiny rock.