Randy Gregory...part 2

Rave

Awesome!

We have been pretty happy with Beasley so far also. He handled Dabrick Ferguson several times, had a couple of serious pressures, including a completely sick spin move. One of his plays was power rushing ferguson back into the qb, which forced him up and into claybornes arms(kind of like Gregory's first sack). He also batted a pass down as well. I think in two games they have counted 10 pressures, and that's with being taken out with the first teamers. It's a shame we don't have Gregory lined up on the other side also, I have this bad feeling we wasted our 2nd round pick this year, sigh.

He wasn't even in the play until the play went back his way.

Tackles know what the Qbs drop is supposed to be and set the depth of their drop accordingly. Staley was already moving inside because the outside was no concern. Until the guys that were actually getting pressure forced Kaepernick back to that side and Gregory got a gift.

Awesome!

We have been pretty happy with Beasley so far also. He handled Dabrick Ferguson several times, had a couple of serious pressures, including a completely sick spin move. One of his plays was power rushing ferguson back into the qb, which forced him up and into claybornes arms(kind of like Gregory's first sack). He also batted a pass down as well. I think in two games they have counted 10 pressures, and that's with being taken out with the first teamers. It's a shame we don't have Gregory lined up on the other side also, I have this bad feeling we wasted our 2nd round pick this year, sigh.

Nice, so Beasley is showing early promise too, congrats.

He wasn't even in the play until the play went back his way.

Tackles know what the Qbs drop is supposed to be and set the depth of their drop accordingly. Staley was already moving inside because the outside was no concern. Until the guys that were actually getting pressure forced Kaepernick back to that side and Gregory got a gift.

You can only be "right place right time" so many times before its not a coincidence.

How many people would have given up on the play once they were contained? Why does Gregory's motor not get more recognition rather than his plays being cast aside as "right place right time"?

Thats what a defensive playmaker is supposed to do, right? He filled his gap, keep fighting, and once the play came back to him he made the play.

Why is this being disregarded?

You can only be "right place right time" so many times before its not a coincidence.

How many people would have given up on the play once they were contained? Why does Gregory's motor not get more recognition rather than his plays being cast aside as "right place right time"?

Thats what a defensive playmaker is supposed to do, right? He filled his gap, keep fighting, and once the play came back to him he made the play.

Why is this being disregarded?

The interior linemen caused that. They caused Kap to step back as well as the player who stunted left. The lineman blocking him stopped not expecting Kap to be so far back. He would not have beat the lineman other wise. Any defensive end would have made that sack. This was nothing at all spectacular on his part.

The interior linemen caused that. They caused Kap to step back as well as the player who stunted left. The lineman blocking him stopped not expecting Kap to be so far back. He would not have beat the lineman other wise. Any defensive end would have made that sack. This was nothing at all spectacular on his part.

Never said it was spectacular, however I love how bad you all are downplaying a player that has 2 sacks in 2 games.

Gregory has 4 tackles and 2 sacks in the first 2 preseason games.

In comparison, Vic Beasley has 1 assisted tackle and 0 sacks.

I AM IN NO WAY SAYING GREGORY IS BETTER THAN BEASLEY.

However, its kind of funny that some of you are downplaying Gregory so much.

vs San Diego:

Randy Gregory: The second-round pick made his NFL debut in the second quarter after the Cowboys’ defensive regulars finished their night. Gregory also started the second half and flashed the quick first step that made him an elite rusher at Nebraska. More than once he pressured the quarterback around the edge and forced a quick throw. Finally, late in the third quarter, he used the “heavy hands” head coach Jason Garrett referenced in training camp to beat his blocker inside for a sack on Brad Sorensen as the pocket collapsed. Gregory finished with two tackles, one tackle for loss and one sack.

vs San Fran:

“It’s what they brought me in for, I think,” Gregory joked after the game. “Obviously, I want to be the best overall player I can be – well-rounded and working on the other aspects of my game. But for the most part I think I’ve done a good job with what they’ve asked me to do.”

They’ve asked him to get to the quarterback, and he is certainly doing it. Gregory estimated he played about 20 snaps in Sunday night’s loss to the 49ers, and he came away with two tackles, a sack and a tackle for loss—standing out for the second-straight preseason game.

Rave, you are arguing with saints fans, not falcon fans.

I thought "Aquietguy" was a Falcons fan.

Either way, I only used Beasley because he is also a rookie and very highly touted.

Gregory is playing some very good ball and doing just what the coaches have told him to. Bring down the QB.

I thought "Aquietguy" was a Falcons fan.

Either way, I only used Beasley because he is also a rookie and very highly touted.

Gregory is playing some very good ball and doing just what the coaches have told him to. Bring down the QB.

A Falcon fan?????? That's fighting words. LOL! But still that was on the interior lineman who beat his man and forced Kap to run back.