Fear The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

capologist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's like a funny thing for people to say "I turned it off/changed the channel/quit when..." But I legit did turn it off last night and cancelled the auto-record and am 100% done with it.

I had said a couple weeks ago that I might be done or might just let them all build up on the DVR and binge watch them, but I ended up playing it last night while doing laundry.

Everything that is stupid and frustrating as **** about the regular show is turned up to 11 in this dumbass version of it. Hit the EXIT button on my remote as soon as those mother ******* sat down to play Monopoly. I can not ******* understand how they can get so many jerkoffs in one room together to agree to write something like that.

I am so over The Walking Dead universe. It is very obvious that whatever it is that I want from a story about civilization collapsing and zombies, none of this **** is it. In typical TWD fashion, every single character is a cyborg who doesn't understand human emotion or the need to communicate properly with each other. Just a bunch of dumb ****s standing around staring at each other after asking one another question instead of answering them like a human would.

Playing Monopoly instead of figuring out what the **** is going on by sharing what little information they do have with one another and formulating a plan and putting it into motion. ****. Off.

I'm breaking up with you, TWD.

Actually, instead of just coming in here and shitting on this show and just leaving, I want to first ask those of you who really dig TWD or FTWD what is it about this universe that you find compelling or interesting? I'm sure that sounds condescending but I am genuinely curious in finding out what makes these shows the most-watched TV shows every season.

If you just like watching zombies being killed then I have no interest in your response. I want to hear from the people who like the writing and the characters and the acting and how you get around the stupidity of everything in these shows.

The jury is still out for me on FTWD so I'm going to hold judgement until the end of the season. It's early and the characters need to develop.

(TWD) For me to like a show it has to have a good story and characters that I like. I have enjoyed watching the groups journey, their losses and how they have really turned into a family. Post apocalyptic shows/films just interest me because they can go in so many different directions.

I also like the fact that as the seasons have progressed the characters now need to fear other humans in that world more than the walkers.

My 2 cents....

I think this version is already leaps and bounds better than the original just because of actual character development. This is what I wanted to see from the original. The development of the epidemic. Military response. Not just a guy waking up to it. Families having to come to terms with the situation. I don't understand the complaints. So a family sat down to play monopoly to distract themselves during what they thought might just be a riot and slightly weird situation. Get over that ****.

I think this version is already leaps and bounds better than the original just because of actual character development. This is what I wanted to see from the original. The development of the epidemic. Military response. Not just a guy waking up to it. Families having to come to terms with the situation. I don't understand the complaints. So a family sat down to play monopoly to distract themselves during what they thought might just be a riot and slightly weird situation. Get over that ****.

This was the best episode so far to me. That little junkie ******* is going to get what he deserves, and the closing scene really set up what is to come.

This woman has killed a walker and seen another keep getting up after getting hit by a car.

If she thinks this is just a riot or a "slightly weird situation" then she's a ******* moron, which would be nothing new for The Walking Dead.

Let's not get on the Internet that still works intermittently and try to figure out what the **** is going on, let's not barricade the doors (and in fact we'll leave them wide open!) or the windows or explain to the one person in the house who has no idea what's going on what we've seen, effectively turning her into a dangerous liability. Let's not get together with our surrounding neighbors and figure out what they've seen or heard and put together some kind of plan of defense or a bug out plan should this **** go horribly wrong. Nah, let's act like nothing is happening and play Monopoly.

If these were characters who had not experienced anything it would have been fine, but that's not the case. 2 of the 3 people in that house know that some serious **** is going down and they're acting like it's not, which is ridiculous and inexcusable.

Edited by The Shotfather

This woman has killed a walker and seen another keep getting up after getting hit by a car.

If she thinks this is just a riot or a "slightly weird situation" then she's a ******* moron, which would be nothing new for The Walking Dead.

Let's not get on the Internet that still works intermittently and try to figure out what the **** is going on, let's not barricade the doors (and in fact we'll leave them wide open!) or the windows or explain to the one person in the house who has no idea what's going on what we've seen, effectively turning her into a dangerous liability. Let's not get together with our surrounding neighbors and figure out what they've seen or heard and put together some kind of plan of defense or a bug out plan should this **** go horribly wrong. Nah, let's act like nothing is happening and play Monopoly.

If these were characters who had not experienced anything it would have been fine, but that's not the case. 2 of the 3 people in that house know that some serious **** is going down and they're acting like it's not, which is ridiculous and inexcusable.

These people don't know what a zombie is, some characters are smarter than others, just like real life. That student knew what was going on, why can't it just be that this ***** is not that bright? They were waiting on dude to come home, they don't know what to do in that situation so they are doing the smartest thing they know to do, stay inside. What they do when inside is irrelevant.

This episode was ok. I was a little disappointed by the time skip. I thought we were going to see the more of the chaos in LA and the start of the apocalypse, but its nothing like that. A few scenes of the riots, and just the aftermath on the streets.

Yeah I didn't like the time skip either but this is a shorter season than your standard TWD season so I guess they'll felt it was necessary to get to where they wanted to be. I definitely would have liked to have seen more of the chaos though. But overall I thought it was a good episode.

These people don't know what a zombie is, some characters are smarter than others, just like real life. That student knew what was going on, why can't it just be that this ***** is not that bright? They were waiting on dude to come home, they don't know what to do in that situation so they are doing the smartest thing they know to do, stay inside. What they do when inside is irrelevant.

Well I just don't have any interest in watching idiot characters figure things out at the speed of glacier while not talking to each other or coming up with plans.

Which admittedly is completely on me because that is TWD's entire M.O. Having their characters act like idiots is literally their favorite thing and the only way they know how to create tension or tell a story. That's never going to be interesting to me which is why I've just stopped. I don't think it's neat or cool to see a bunch of stupid people living in this world. Show me the smart people who realize **** is about to fall apart.

This episode was ok. I was a little disappointed by the time skip. I thought we were going to see the more of the chaos in LA and the start of the apocalypse, but its nothing like that. A few scenes of the riots, and just the aftermath on the streets.

Wow so they just skipped over the only part of this show that was appealing in the first place? They didn't show like a full on collapse or what the world knew or the last TV and/or radio broadcast? No message from the President or U.N.? Why would they do that? I thought that was the whole point of this show. Now it just seems like it's the exact same thing as The Walking Dead, and once again just skipping right over the downfall of civilization.

I can't imagine that's going to last.

Reading through the FTWD Reddit page it seems that most people don't believe the time jump skipped the actual downfall, it just skipped a bunch of stupid ******** about people being quarantined inside the neighborhood (Sounds riveting, Kirkman :rolleyes: ) and that they skipped to a few days before the actual total collapse. Which I actually want to watch if they do it so I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it happens. I want to see a city fall, I'm not here for these characters. There's a whole other zombie show I could watch if I wanted to follow a bunch of characters that I hate.

Reading through the FTWD Reddit page it seems that most people don't believe the time jump skipped the actual downfall, it just skipped a bunch of stupid ******** about people being quarantined inside the neighborhood (Sounds riveting, Kirkman :rolleyes: ) and that they skipped to a few days before the actual total collapse. Which I actually want to watch if they do it so I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it happens. I want to see a city fall, I'm not here for these characters. There's a whole other zombie show I could watch if I wanted to follow a bunch of characters that I hate.

We get it dude, you're not a fan...

Reading through the FTWD Reddit page it seems that most people don't believe the time jump skipped the actual downfall, it just skipped a bunch of stupid ******** about people being quarantined inside the neighborhood (Sounds riveting, Kirkman rolleyes.gif ) and that they skipped to a few days before the actual total collapse. Which I actually want to watch if they do it so I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it happens. I want to see a city fall, I'm not here for these characters. There's a whole other zombie show I could watch if I wanted to follow a bunch of characters that I hate.

My understanding from this episode was that LA has already fallen and just about everyone outside the military quarantine zones are dead. And I was expecting to see a lot more zombies in this show since it's in LA.

Reading through the FTWD Reddit page it seems that most people don't believe the time jump skipped the actual downfall, it just skipped a bunch of stupid ******** about people being quarantined inside the neighborhood (Sounds riveting, Kirkman rolleyes.gif ) and that they skipped to a few days before the actual total collapse. Which I actually want to watch if they do it so I'll keep monitoring this thread to see if it happens. I want to see a city fall, I'm not here for these characters. There's a whole other zombie show I could watch if I wanted to follow a bunch of characters that I hate.

I can see that theory. TWD typically has "big" season finale's so I can them jumping forward to something like that. Alternatively, I think they skipped right on by the fall of L.A. and with the safe zone outside of L.A, it's only a matter of time before all the military noise attracts the walkers from the city. Remember in TWD that the militray safe zones are wiped out when they're considered options to head towards. Even though I haven't been doing back flips for FTWD, I've been entertained enough to give the 6 episode season a spin. I've got a feeling that the finale will be that scenario....a ****-ton of walkers falling on the safe zone.

I didn't like this episode. The 2 kids playing dress up was a stupid scene. I just don't get why the military is pulling out and planning to kill everyone. It makes no since. I assume they are being over matched and yet we have seen virtually zero Walkers. I just don't buy that they have lived in that place for nine days or more if the whole city is overrun. Isn't there something like 11 million people who live in LA? That just really bothers me.