Fear The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

capologist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do zombies take that long to start attacking? If everyone who dies becomes a zombie why isn't the entire city in a panic 30 mins later?

Well.....I understand why they did what they did. You don't see a hundred people in the Obits every day. It would take a while for things to get bad. Not that it didn't make for some boring TV after watching 5 seasons of WD.

How do zombies take that long to start attacking? If everyone who dies becomes a zombie why isn't the entire city in a panic 30 mins later?

At first, all people that died naturally didn't turn...it was the secret the guy at the cdc told Rick before he blew the place up...it's been a while since I've seen that episode but I think that's right

At first, all people that died naturally didn't turn...it was the secret the guy at the cdc told Rick before he blew the place up...it's been a while since I've seen that episode but I think that's right

Well....my memory of that episode was that the revelation to Rick was that every human had the virus already and that the time that it took to turn differed with everyone.

This show is a run off from TWD, so it is suppose to be happening when TWD started! Everyone has the virus, no one in TWD I can remember took over a day to turn. (Shane, Nerd locked in the room with Andrea etc) in FTWD kid wakes up in drug house and it's atleast 1 day show time wise untill we see the people on the street start attacking. I know I would take a little bit before it would be massive amounts of zombies. But in a day period in LA, with the amount of people there and the number of people that would die turn then bite someone else I would think that it still would be more noticeable than 2 or 3 random people on the streets alone are zombies now. Well just have to see how they do it.

Hey just curious, (my recording ended abruptly without credits or anything) did the episode end after they ran over the dealer and launched him into the reservoir? Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

Yeah.

Kinda reminds me of the Strain though I doubt they'll take a season to really get it going.

"We wanted to see a city fall, which is something we didn't get to see in the comics or the original show," said Dave Erickson, the new series' show runner. "I feel what we were able to do was to take the disaster film trope, the zombie film trope and present it in a way where it feels grounded. Where it feels like if this were to happen, this is how it would go down."

The spinoff seeks to answer one of the nagging unanswered questions of the original series when its lead character, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), lay in a coma — how did the zombie armies spread in that time? The spinoff picks up before the zombie infestation has exploded, and part of its narrative spine is to demonstrate the unraveling of civilization as the soulless menace slowly unfolds.

Unlike the original, set largely in rural pockets around Atlanta, the spinoff is based in a highly urbanized area. With millions of people — and potential undead — spread over hours of driving before reaching true isolation, Southern California and its endless patchwork of urban and dense suburban neighborhoods presents a different kind of zombie fighting and escape from the original series.

When things go full apocalypse in L.A., just imagine the Battle of Stalingrad on every block but waged between millions of the living and rotting cannibals instead of Germans and Russians. And think you can just hop on your car — preferably a hybrid with good mileage — and head for the desert?

"Everyone gets the same idea eventually and everyone gets trapped," Erickson said. "It's the cities that fall the fastest."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-ca-st-fear-walking-dead-20150816-story.html

Watched episode 1 last night. Meh. It's not bad, and I'll watch the rest, but it just doesn't strike me as well thought out. The post above talking about why it doesn't spread faster is my biggest beef with it. I mean, there's a whole Church full of zombie junkies and they all leave and we don't even hear about anything on the news? What did they do, hibernate?

And when they do get the news story, it's just the one zombie. You'd think there would be multiple reports by noon the next day.

It's just odd. Not bad, not good, just meh.

I wasn't overly impressed with the 1st episode. It struck me more as a giant "Say no to drugs" campaign. Gilbert Grape does drugs. Gilbert sees girlfriend junkie eating another junkie and runs into traffic. Gilbert lets everyone assume he was just high until he finally tells someone. Gilberts dealer is approached by Mrs. Grape and her new man. Gilbert's dealer is not impressed and tries to off Gilbert. Instead, Gilbert takes out his dealer who then turns into a zombie. Gilbert runs over him............twice.........and he's still not dead. Gilbert's still a druggie.

I'll give it this season, but I'm willing to bet this was the high point in terms of viewers. If it's supposed to take place while Rick is in a coma, I just don't see how much they tell us that we don't already know and keep an audience like TWD. My guess is that they'll go a completely different direction and start off with the time frame of when Rick was in a coma and once that's been milked, they'll keep on chugging along and we'll have a 2nd TWD with the same stuff we've already seen. BUT, with the following of the original, I can see FTWD airing in between seasons of TWD as a filler for the die hards that can't get enough.