Roddy White Out Now, Back For Wk 1

I know a lot of people want to start writing Roddy off, but I still optimistically believe that he is going to have a good season. As long as his knees and legs are good to go, then I think he'll get past this elbow thing with no problem. Up until the past 2 forgettable seasons Roddy was a pillar of toughness and never missed any games. He never got a chance to fully recover from the high ankle sprain and was probably pushed back into service too soon. Then a hamstring issue, and suddenly he is seen as injury prone or breaking down. The reality is that his injuries were inevitable. The WR position is constantly running, blocking and getting hammered over the middle. There are guys 10 years younger than Roddy who con't stay on the field, heck Julio hasn't been nearly as durable. If Roddy is still looking to compete at a high level, then he will certainly be back.

roddy white is geting older no doubt....but he is still incredibly effective... and still the heart beat of the offense.... im glad we have Julio, Hank, and Hardy at the ready to take over in the next few years...but lets not be too eager to push out a veteran WR ..... for one Roddy has been around long enough to not need the reps the others need to get ready for the season....my thinking is use the younger guys to stretch the field and let Roddy assume that safty blanket roll Gonzalles always played so well. but there would be one major difference....Roddy can still stop and go to beat a LB deep if needed...

Roddy has blead red and black soooo long i hate to ever see him go....i dont care if he plays water boy as long as he suited up on sundays....

I know a lot of people want to start writing Roddy off, but I still optimistically believe that he is going to have a good season. As long as his knees and legs are good to go, then I think he'll get past this elbow thing with no problem. Up until the past 2 forgettable seasons Roddy was a pillar of toughness and never missed any games. He never got a chance to fully recover from the high ankle sprain and was probably pushed back into service too soon. Then a hamstring issue, and suddenly he is seen as injury prone or breaking down. The reality is that his injuries were inevitable. The WR position is constantly running, blocking and getting hammered over the middle. There are guys 10 years younger than Roddy who con't stay on the field, heck Julio hasn't been nearly as durable. If Roddy is still looking to compete at a high level, then he will certainly be back.

It is not a major deal, the issue with Roddy. It is however a reality of an aging. This is why drafting Julio was so critical as well as Hardy. Had the Falcons not drafted Hardy and and kept Douglass, all of our WR's outside of Julio would have been 30+. Hankerson and Hardy do bring in some additional youth.

Roddy will be back and still very productive. Julio is easily a 1300+ yard guy in a so-so year. If Roddy catches 70 for 800 yards, that's fine. Hankerson, Hardy and Hester can easily make up another 80 or 90 receptions.

It is not a major deal, the issue with Roddy. It is however a reality of an aging. This is why drafting Julio was so critical as well as Hardy. Had the Falcons not drafted Hardy and and kept Douglass, all of our WR's outside of Julio would have been 30+. Hankerson and Hardy do bring in some additional youth.

Roddy will be back and still very productive. Julio is easily a 1300+ yard guy in a so-so year. If Roddy catches 70 for 800 yards, that's fine. Hankerson, Hardy and Hester can easily make up another 80 or 90 receptions.

We just gotta hope that Hank stays healthy. That's been his biggest issue.