Is He Worse Than Yates?

The Vent King

Guest King Jigsaw

**** people...if Matt goes down we should worry about which ol or de we will be picking in the draft.

Taylor Decker, please.

6'7, 315. Long and strong, excellent run blocker and pretty good in pass as well though he can get beat by speed rushers lined up wide around him. Hand usage is NFL-ready, foot speed a possible concern. Perfect bookend across from StateFarm, let Holmes and Schraeder back them up. Tackle not an issue any longer.

Guest King Jigsaw

I see the overall point. But at the same time who really gives a dam? The backup quarterback is a position that really means nothing. If Matt Ryan goes down its over. Period. So why worry about it?

Because Matt Ryan is a suspension waiting to happen. Good for nothing trouble makers are getting weeded out of the NFL and he's probably next. When he misses the first 4-8 games of the season you'll wish we had a competent back-up like Rex Grossman.

I see the overall point. But at the same time who really gives a dam? The backup quarterback is a position that really means nothing. If Matt Ryan goes down its over. Period. So why worry about it?

I've said this before & I will say it again...

While that if most likely the case, you just never know. I doubt the Rams thought they were gonna be any good once Trent Green went down, but Warner turned out to be pretty good. Then he got hurt & a guy named Bulger did pretty solid for them. When the Pats lost Drew Bledsoe they probably thought the season was toast, but some guy named Tom Brady came in & did pretty well. Then when he went down, they probably thought the season was toast, but Matt Cassel did pretty well.

You just don't know, man.

People always talk about the qb going down like it has to be a season ending injury. What if Matt just goes down for 3 or 4 games. Are yall fine with just forfeiting those because we didn't care enough to get a decent backup?

Exactly. We saw what happened when Matt missed 2 games in 2009 and the Falcons lost those 2 games and missed the playoffs because of it and that was with a good backup QB. Could you imagine having to run T.J. Yates out there? Ugh!!

**** people...if Matt goes down we should worry about which ol or de we will be picking in the draft.

Then why even hv a backup dude? They hv them for a reason like ummm perhaps he has 2 be out for a series or two or one game maybe? It's a very legit question 2 wonder if we hv somebody to hold the fort down for minute and right now it doesn't appear we do...

Edited by The Vent King

Cause there is the possibility he's out only temporarily. This question is not only for the worst possible scenario dude. I know if Ryan goes down for the season we are done, but there are OTHER possible scenarios that we hv 2 consider...

Guest King Jigsaw

Tebow isn't worse than Yates, but he sat behind a broadcast table for two years instead of learning from Matt Ryan. Ugh.