Godfrey

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

How is Godfrey been playing by the way? I haven't been watching the pre-season games, and haven't heard much about him. I didn't like that we re-signed him.

You guys think he'll make team?

I agree with gdawg, I thought Lowery played well last year,plus we wasn't paying him a whole lot of dough. Most of our secondary problems last year was due to the inability to get push up front. Maybe the staff felt bringing him back would stunt the growth of the youngsters?

I agree with gdawg, I thought Lowery played well last year,plus we wasn't paying him a whole lot of dough. Most of our secondary problems last year was due to the inability to get push up front. Maybe the staff felt bringing him back would stunt the growth of the youngsters?

Its about scheme. Lowery would be terrible for this scheme as he lacks the range. He looked decent in Nolan's scheme because he mostly played in the box and covered tight ends. The FS in Quinns' scheme has very little man coverage responsibilities.

Godrey looked awesome in the first game. Forced a fumble and recovered it but was out of bounds on the kick off. Forced a fumble during the game. Almost had a pick. And had a few other pass break ups.

I didn't see him do much against the Jets though. Either way, If one of our safeties goes down, i am very comfortable with him coming in to play. Glad we signed him.