Mashbuns Final Training Camp Report For The Year. (With Pictures)

majority of the people handled the negatives from my last thread pretty well. but I will add in the positives as well on this one. I am not going to talk about our stars like Julio, Ryan, etc. because it is pointless to say, "Looking Amazing as always".

QB

- Yates..... he looks good in camp. his face is determines.

- But in that pre-season game. I see no hope in him. I see no reason to keep him behind Ryan, even if he was the only one.... that is very mean, but the truth is we would not win any games just doing running plays.

- Reneferr...... Doesn't impress me camp...... as for his Pre-season game, he did "decent". A lot of people were just happy to have anything other then Yates in there. And you have to remember he was mainly going against 4th string and guys who were not going to make the team.

- So I say to get another person. and train them through the season.

TE

- Toilolo.... ok I was harsh on him. and he showed me he can catch. a lot of balls hit him in the chest but he still catches it. I like to see guys who catch with their hands. because when a fast ball is thrown at you over the middle, and it hits you in the chest, then it is going to bounce off (and possibly be an interception, Like Hardy in pre-season game one)

- Tamme, I like him best. he shows he can block decent. and he can catch across the middle

- moekei.... honestly I just don't know on him. but he looks better then toilolo to me. (then again my judgement was harsh on toilolo, so maybe this guy is Awesome. haha)

RB

- besides our guys being hurt, they look just ok. Ward looks more like a power hitter in camp and not one to cut to the outside.

- and the O-line did not improve from camp last week.

- So if freeman/coleman are out again, I don't see our running game being good. if they come in and go to the outside, then you'll think they are great...... but if they go up the middle, it will not be a good day,

WR

- Hardy. Still looks to move before he makes a catch. and across the middle this is not a good thing to do.... I hope he ends up improving on this.

- Hankerson. Strangely he was catching very well. He catches the ball just like you are suppose to. hands out, make a diamond, follow it with your eyes, secure it and make a move..... So I expect him to do well across the middle.

- Reedy. I really like this guy. he has shown me he catches then makes his move. only down side is if they give the call to someone more expierenced like Hankerson or they want to give their rookie more playing time.

- Hankerson vs Reedy..... very very close but the edge goes to hankerson. he has experience and has caught more across the middle.

- White.... looks good. but it will take a couple years to get him to a level of actually playing. best of luck to him, but I just don't see him .

So why do I talk about across the middle on these guys so much? simply because that is what we need. Julio/White have the sides locked. these guys will sometimes go to the outside, but they will be used more across the middle. only way they see the outside more, is if Julio or White goes down.

When Hardy catches then secures, then makes a move, I'll like him. but right now I say, meh. Hankerson is better because he knows the step process.

O-line

- Nothing different then last week. so I look for them to do the same in pre-season. they will improve in time, but we have to find out who looks best and put them in the starting group. and then give them time to Gel. as of right now I think the soonest our line looks "good" is week 3 of the regular season.

- one player who stands out to me is Matthews. (yeah yeah I sad no stars I would talk about). but I have to because he has improved. and I think it is because of being in a system he can shine in...... He puts his arms right, foot placement is correct, an he doesn't go arching back trying to hold D-players. he really really stands out to me. His best side is RT. yes he is still awesome on LT, but RT he is just slightly better. (soooo I will call it right now. if the falcons have a shot at drafting or getting a FA LT/RT who looks promising. I think they pull the trigger.it is nothing against matthews at all. but we need that RT player. and if we can find a person who is 8 out 10 of what matthews is, we will be sitting great)

- it is not the sides that break down. it is the middle. IMO it is the RG (but I am not good at assecing the line, so take that with a grain of salt)

FB

- no to mooney. doesn't block. and no secure at catching out of the backfield

- Demarco is nothing more then a second or third string FB. yes he can catch majority of the time. but his blocking is weak.

-I do not get why we have not gone after a FB since Mughelli went out. a FB helps RBs look a LOT better. this isn't something to keep drafting on. we need to start looking in FA and cough up some money to these guys

D-line and LB.......... no reason to break this group down. I a very impressed with them.

- I do need to say this...... Star looks good. and I was very very hard on him last year. sooooomaybe Mike Smith did know something with keeping this guy around.

CB

- trufant is good

- Alford is good. BUT they look to be holding back on that position because of giving time to Collins.

- Collins still looks horrible. zero improvement.

- - - they need to give up on collins being a somebody this year. and put the guy to just making the team and sitting on the bench. that way he can learn (IF they really believe this guy can turn into something). but IMO, dude should be cut. there is no reason to waist two plus years just to HOPE this guy develops the skills you believe he has. waist of time, hurts other players, and again it is just hope. and the hope I see is like looking a crack heads teeth and saying, "man I hope his teeth grow back".

Safety

- looks the same as last week. and I know some say they looked bad. but to me I think the problem was they had no trufant. and they were having to cover for Collins. (again collins is going to hurt this team)

ST.

- when they kick, looks good. blocking and etc is right.

- when they are on the receiving side.... meh. there needs to be more pressure on the line.

- blocking a FG they look good. no different then last year

Coaches

- Quinn loves to work with the D-line, LB's, then offense, RB, secondary, TE/WR.

- - - while he works a lot with dline/LB he does put in time with everyne else. but I see he a fantastic coach at teaching at those two spots. and you can tell what a difference it has made.

- Terry is still good ol' terry. but I don't see a lot of hands on this year vs last year.

- the rest look good. morris will scream it out if you messed up

1. Don't think I went soft in this post. there is still bad in it just like last week. just this time I have good stuff with the thread. so when I said last week of just the negative, you have to understand it was just the negative. because I could simply just say, Line stinks, Hardy, RB, FB, Collins,

2. if you have any questions, please do ask. because there is a lot of players out there and I did not feel like breaking down everyone. so if you want to know about Hageman concussion and what I saw, how Moore is doing, Love, etc etc. just ask.

3. Some of my pictures will have a break down written underneath them,

4. enjoy and have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to go on a hiking trip by myself in Zion in Utah for 13 days alone. I am wanting to get on the TV show "alone" and been asked to send them a video. So I thought what better way with sending what one of the most beautiful parks in the world.. I just got my permit the other day to do this in Zion. and by the way I am not going to win money. I am simply just wanting to go to test myself and to explore. similar to Lucas making the boat. Just I travel far. anyhow, wish me luck on it.

5. I want to say sorry to a majority of members on these boards. I let a few trolls run me off from the past two years. and this year I seen 4 threads asking for my work. and have seen a lot of people take up for me with some of the things that are being done. So I next year I will report like I used to on a daily or every few days basis (just depends on what takes place)

9giykz.jpg

2n7r1cl.jpg

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck and enjoy your communion with nature. Oh and thanks for all of your reports

11856552_717751668357080_221867549824236

11223874_717751738357073_460051963938397

So this is my bedroom I will be sleeping in and the Truck I will be driving. LOL, JK. this is a ghost town I did pictures for and have no intentions going that way, seeing how it is 100's of miles away from me. the only way to give me to move is by a flash flood, I will have to rock climb to the top or a medical emergency...... SO honestly if no one hears back from me on these boards for over a month, then something bad took place. (just being serious)

11895085_718580911607489_372034191827501

and then this will be my home. it get crazy looking in there.

11856415_718580918274155_637232973854190

11878987_717751828357064_903159705223141

this is one of the places I will be repelling down.

I'm not sure how much you have been to camp, but I'm an Indiana fan and am rooting hard for Tevin Coleman. How has he looked thus far? Is it likely that he will capture the starting RB spot and if so how early do you think that will be?

Great question. in my last training camp report I talked a lot on him. I really like the guy. the reason is because they ask him to run up the middle for the play called. But if he sees the hole is closed he jumps off to the edge..... While Freeman sticks to the game plan.......

Some catches like seeing the guy who sticks to the play. but I rather take chances on the guy who makes his own mind up..... but in doing that if the coach sees a hole open and you avoided the plan to go outside, you will get chewed out. Specially if you lose yardage.

Also I am there for pretty much all the camps. there has only been a few I missed this year. Rookie Mini camp included.

Love your work Mash, don't let the haters get to you. Long as you continue to shed light and give it to us straight I can live with that. Especially when it comes with beautiful photography :)

I'm still really hoping to get a good pic of Vic in his 44 red jersey soon so I can wallpaper it.

Edited by FenixFalcon

Love your work Mash, don't let the haters get to you. Long as you continue to shed light and give it to us straight I can live with that. Especially when it comes with beautiful photography smile.png

I'm still really hoping to get a good pic of Vic in his 44 red jersey soon so I can wallpaper it.

ah bro. I wish I could have known. I would have went after a picture for you. I'll look and see the best one I have. but I don't think it will be great for a wallpaper, just because he will be around a lot of people making a play.

Good stuff, but there's no way we cut an early second round pick.

Hageman didn't look good this time last year either.

I'm not a fan of drafting projects in the top 2 rounds, but I think Collins will get the benefit of the doubt, and should.

Seeing Alford in a starting spot that should have been his should motivate him to step up.

Love your work Mash, don't let the haters get to you. Long as you continue to shed light and give it to us straight I can live with that. Especially when it comes with beautiful photography smile.png

ah bro. I wish I could have known. I would have went after a picture for you. I'll look and see the best one I have. but I don't think it will be great for a wallpaper, just because he will be around a lot of people making a play.

So here is a couple of a quick search I did. I'll look for more later. I added an effect on one of them. so f you want ti done cleaner or want it on the other just ask.

Cheers,

2crm3bd.jpg

2a8nh45.jpg

"- Collins still looks better. zero improvement. "

Care to elaborate?

Oh dear lord of the heavens...... I did not mean to say that. I meant to say, "collins still looks horrible. zero improment"..... wow cannot believe I said that. sorry, very sorry. (I bet if he read that he would probably go do his happy dance and then start slacking even more)

These pictures are fantastic.

WRT the over the middle WR, I wouldn't worry too much. I think Roddy did a great job last season filling that role, and I expect the TEs to be heavily involved. But in the 1st game, Julio was running a ton of posts over the middle in his brief time in the game. I think we'll use a lot of guys in that role. And if Julio is any indication, there will be a lot of them open.

Good stuff, but there's no way we cut an early second round pick.

Hageman didn't look good this time last year either.

I'm not a fan of drafting projects in the top 2 rounds, but I think Collins will get the benefit of the doubt, and should.

Seeing Alford in a starting spot that should have been his should motivate him to step up.

agreed on everything but hageman..... I like the guy in camp. works hard and pushes himself.