• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WFW...I think if you put pride aside and make an earnest apology to those offended it would go a long way in the healing effort...

Just saying.

Not trying to be an arse here Rave but when the apology is mutual we could have an agreement. No one person is to blame for the current situation, it's a two way street.. I tried to PM the several people that were feuding with me so we could take this thing off from public view (get it resolved) and they refused. I can only extend the olive branch, I cannot make someone grab it.

I have maintained all along everyone is welcome on the AFMBs and all the wrong doing that was done to me I already forgave people for and asked them to come back but apparently those few want a standing fued. But I have stated for the last several months I will not be a part of it! I just want to post here in continued peace and love...

Not trying to be an arse here Rave but when the apology is mutual we could have an agreement. No one person is to blame for the current situation, it's a two way street.. I tried to PM the several people that were feuding with me so we could take this thing off from public view (get it resolved) and they refused. I can only extend the olive branch, I cannot make someone grab it.

I have maintained all along everyone is welcome on the AFMBs and all the wrong doing that was done to me I already forgave people for and asked them to come back but apparently those few want a standing fued. But I have stated for the last several months I will not be a part of it! I just want to post here in continued peace and love...

I wasnt putting it all on you, and you did the right thing to not make it public.

It is a two way street, but someone has to make the first move, lol.

That's not the way apologies work. Apologies mean nothing if they come with the condition that the offended apologize as well. Sheesh, I thought you were old and wise enough to know this...

Foolish pride and stiffnecked stubbornness are the main culprits that keep any relationships from healing...

Do you know how weird it feels trying to make things better for Saints fans? I feel dirty.

If it would help, I could always throw some dirty animals into a cauldron of swamp water and boil 'em up... that might make them feel more at home. I'll knock out most of my teeth while picking a banjo and danight, fibs and WFW can all line up hands on ankles for a Deliverance style hoe-down...

That's not the way apologies work. Apologies mean nothing if they come with the condition that the offended apologize as well. Sheesh, I thought you were old and wise enough to know this...

Foolish pride and stiffnecked stubbornness are the main culprits that keep any relationships from healing...

agreed.

If your Sorry just say your sorry. Its up to the other person if they except it or not. Ive apologized to kevo before. It was all good after he excepted it. No hard feeling.

But you cant say it might not be the right thing to do. You either wanna do it or you dont.

JPowers,

I saw a thread regarding this topic on the .net site. I havent posted here since leaving, and frankly I havent visited all that often either. But Ill chime in for a moment.

It's my opinion this board summited in 2013 and its been on a steep decline since. The dynamics that were once appealing quickly fell to the wayside. Start a thread about any topic and it was derailed within 2-3 posts. Go to bed and wake up to every thread being trolled. Or worse check-in and see that more members were banned.

I grew tired of the threat the board would be closed down. The forum got the best of several posters. Instead of leaving and enjoying a cool down period, some immature posters took things to new levels. And when a few people did take a break, a few others declared victory and took them to the woodshed. And the forum further splintered.

Last year the report button became popular. Mods suddenly showed up and dumped quality posters with little regard for the backstory. Some posters even positioned themselves worthy of becoming a moderator for the forum, which many openly stated wasn't necessary. Finally many tired of WFW who decided to reinvent his character knowing his proclamations are that of straight buffoonery. And sadly, still today as I read a couple of the threads, he attempts to preside over Rivals like a self-appointed Lord of the Manor. He's even being called out by a few of his buddies today and still can't help but do his thing.

Can the board be revived? That will take time and the patience of Job. But having spent a few minutes looking around the threads this morning, I cant see it happening soon. There are still several quality posters here, but the defensive and offended are clearly present and accounted for as well. They are still in need of constant validation .. on an anonymous website of all places where people use cartoon names. Serious stuff....

But perhaps the biggest issue youll face in bringing the Rival posters back is this ... 6 dozen people left because of ½ dozen people, and those ½ dozen people are still here. So for that reason, I cant see many of the 6 dozen returning anytime soon. And unfortunately, for now, this is true for me as well.

Maybe the answer is allowing a couple of quality Rival posters taking to TAFT for a while without the fear of being banned. Isn't that what started Rivals in the first place? Maybe then newer posters can find their way into Rivals.

Good luck Sir, you're going to need it.

SaintRay

So what now were you saying about who likes drama?

I don't even know why you're bringing all that stuff up, lol I know full and well EXACTLY what all has happened here the past few offseasons. You absolutely love drama... so much so that you either constantly instigate it, completely manufacture it, insert yourself into situations you don't even understand or perpetuate **** that should just be left alone. I don't who you're trying to put an act on for, but every RC regular knows your shtick, Mash.

The fact you just blew up with that rant because I disagreed with you says enough. You keep harping on the word drama when the main point of my reply is it was not previously dead here in the offseason... I know because I was one of the regulars here during the many offseason debates/conversations/bets we had.

If it would help, I could always throw some dirty animals into a cauldron of swamp water and boil 'em up... that might make them feel more at home. I'll knock out most of my teeth while picking a banjo and danight, fibs and WFW can all line up hands on ankles for a Deliverance style hoe-down...

I`ll bring the deep fried mice :)

agreed.

If your Sorry just say your sorry. Its up to the other person if they except it or not. Ive apologized to kevo before. It was all good after he excepted it. No hard feeling.

But you cant say it might not be the right thing to do. You either wanna do it or you dont.

I have apologized to Kevo (BB) before as well, on a misunderstanding we had with each other. Everyone makes mistakes every now and then we're not perfect, but we as a team are perfect, and if it's just the same to you I'd like to keep it that way.

JPowers,

I saw a thread regarding this topic on the .net site. I havent posted here since leaving, and frankly I havent visited all that often either. But Ill chime in for a moment.

It's my opinion this board summited in 2013 and its been on a steep decline since. The dynamics that were once appealing quickly fell to the wayside. Start a thread about any topic and it was derailed within 2-3 posts. Go to bed and wake up to every thread being trolled. Or worse check-in and see that more members were banned.

I grew tired of the threat the board would be closed down. The forum got the best of several posters. Instead of leaving and enjoying a cool down period, some immature posters took things to new levels. And when a few people did take a break, a few others declared victory and took them to the woodshed. And the forum further splintered.

Last year the report button became popular. Mods suddenly showed up and dumped quality posters with little regard for the backstory. Some posters even positioned themselves worthy of becoming a moderator for the forum, which many openly stated wasn't necessary. Finally many tired of WFW who decided to reinvent his character knowing his proclamations are that of straight buffoonery. And sadly, still today as I read a couple of the threads, he attempts to preside over Rivals like a self-appointed Lord of the Manor. He's even being called out by a few of his buddies today and still can't help but do his thing.

Can the board be revived? That will take time and the patience of Job. But having spent a few minutes looking around the threads this morning, I cant see it happening soon. There are still several quality posters here, but the defensive and offended are clearly present and accounted for as well. They are still in need of constant validation .. on an anonymous website of all places where people use cartoon names. Serious stuff....

But perhaps the biggest issue youll face in bringing the Rival posters back is this ... 6 dozen people left because of ½ dozen people, and those ½ dozen people are still here. So for that reason, I cant see many of the 6 dozen returning anytime soon. And unfortunately, for now, this is true for me as well.

Maybe the answer is allowing a couple of quality Rival posters taking to TAFT for a while without the fear of being banned. Isn't that what started Rivals in the first place? Maybe then newer posters can find their way into Rivals.

Good luck Sir, you're going to need it.

SaintRay

Thank you for your input Saint Ray. I knew this was going to be a long term project when I decided to take it on and you're dead on about the luck part. Once again thank you.

It would help if we knew which 6 posters are the problem. If I am one of them I will gladly go away to help bring back RC. I didn't post a whole lot in the old days, I just enjoyed reading the threads anyway.

I mean, there are only about 6 of us that are regular posting anyway. I have no control over WFW or Mash or Danight or Rave, but like I said if I am part of the problem I can go away. Send me a pm if you don't want to say publicly and let me know.

It would help if we knew which 6 posters are the problem. If I am one of them I will gladly go away to help bring back RC. I didn't post a whole lot in the old days, I just enjoyed reading the threads anyway.

I mean, there are only about 6 of us that are regular posting anyway. I have no control over WFW or Mash or Danight or Rave, but like I said if I am part of the problem I can go away. Send me a pm if you don't want to say publicly and let me know.

Des, have you seen a problem in here the last few months? The remaining posters have tried to bury whatever perceived notions that people have of why they left. People were accusing people of reporting people, laying false accusations on people, and generally being antagonistic towards the moderators.

I haven't seen that over the last few months and I bet you haven't either? Now that has to mean something, if the numbers is 6 posters it can't just be posters who remained because we are not having problems like we had before.

All I can suggest and maybe JP will agree is to get everyone back in and see if RC and it's posters (all the former posters) can coexist and be what this board was before 2013 because like Ray said, things started back that long ago. If JP wants to call us all together in the PM (principal's office) and give him our word that we can all get along I'll be the first to say I will man up and say guys let's bury the hatchet and start a new.

there was a blowup between treefiddy, danight, and syco although I am vague on the details

then there was one poster who has trolled this forum for years who for whatever reason changed his persona and started baiting people and then reporting them. then one particular mod would come and throw bans out without having any context to the situation

that poster is calling for a clean slate but you can't have a clean slate without taking responsibility for your actions

there was a blowup between treefiddy, danight, and syco although I am vague on the details

then there was one poster who has trolled this forum for years who for whatever reason changed his persona and started baiting people and then reporting them. then one particular mod would come and throw bans out without having any context to the situation

that poster is calling for a clean slate but you can't have a clean slate without taking responsibility for your actions

How is one poster getting called a pedophile and having personal posted info, baiting people Dago? Just curious how that works? Especially when said poster asked numerous times and in the nicest of way to have those posts removed. I can have said poster produce these posts to JP if he wants to see them. Of course that will implicate people that you are trying to cover up for or refuse to act as if they are part of the problem!

Where is tree and sycola today? Im not used to them not being here. Since they are here daily with us. I wonder if Tree and sycola would agree with Rays outlook of how things went down?

As Ray said he hasnt been here. While me tree and sycola have been. Daily.

Ive seen them talking about their recruitment list from here.

Ive also seen them saying how they will kill this place and steal people from other sections. I saw it with my own eyes. No second hand told me. I saw it.

I dont agree with their methods or their agenda. Which led to constant trolling of me. But somehow Ray never heard about any of that.

But i have no issues with any of the old crew. Except FM. Who has always had some hatred for me. Honestly i still dont know why. Thats the beef me and sycola and tree have.

When this all started it was said that place would be another home and a backup server. Thats not what i saw.

As far as the old crew. Hey until we meet again. Respect and peace. Got nothing but love for my who dat friends etc.

But im here daily dealing with the tree and sycola. I cant even start a thread or they will steal it and post it over there under schwaps name.

How is one poster getting called a pedophile and having personal posted info, baiting people Dago? Just curious how that works? Especially when said poster asked numerous times and in the nicest of way to have those posts removed. I can have said poster produce these posts to JP if he wants to see them. Of course that will implicate people that you are trying to cover up for or refuse to act as if they are part of the problem!

I realize it is most convenient for you to begin the narrative at the point where people had had enough of you and retaliated but the story started before then

the sad part is that for all your posturing, a Saints fan is more connected than you are in here and I know what happened publicly and what you did behind the scenes

people who can't own up to their own actions don't deserve clean slates. this whole thing with clean slates right now is to feed your ego so later on you could say that you were right about everyone coming back for the beginning of the season. it is what it is

Where is tree and sycola today? Im not used to them not being here. Since they are here daily with us. I wonder if Tree and sycola would agree with Rays outlook of how things went down?

As Ray said he hasnt been here. While me tree and sycola have been. Daily.

Ive seen them talking about their recruitment list from here.

Ive also seen them saying how they will kill this place and steal people from other sections. I saw it with my own eyes. No second hand told me. I saw it.

I dont agree with their methods or their agenda. Which led to constant trolling of me. But somehow Ray never heard about any of that.

But i have no issues with any of the old crew. Except FM. Who has always had some hatred for me. Honestly i still dont know why. Thats the beef me and sycola and tree have.

When this all started it was said that place would be another home and a backup server. Thats not what i saw.

As far as the old crew. Hey until we meet again. Respect and peace. Got nothing but love for my who dat friends etc.

But im here daily dealing with the tree and sycola. I cant even start a thread or they will steal it and post it over there under schwaps name.

as I said....you and I have never had issue and when the bickering started I stated here and at rc.net that there isn't any call for it