Wow, this thread blew up.

It seems to me you have one of two options:

1. Go ahead and close this board. The mainstays besides precious few are long gone and not coming back. The soul of rivals was the saints/Falcons rivalry, and honestly, those type of peeps won't truly be back. A lot of them had character and integrity and once they made the decision to move, they never looked back. It's a shame, a lot of them were the only saints fans I have ever liked. I don't think at this point, even removing WFW would bring them back. That ship has sailed, and unless Fiddy does something moronic, they are gone for good. Cest la vie.

2. Wait for another 5 years for everything to build back up. It's possible, but it will take the saints having some success, and word of mouth probably. People need to feel there is an environment where the mods are not ban happy, which is why everyone left. Saints report and the huddle have over aggressive mods, which ban rival fans sometimes by just saying you are a fan of a opposing team.

I don't think we will be back to where we were anytime soon. People have to have trust that the place they are spending their time will not be changed/heavily moderated. We don't have that trust anymore, thanks to several different factors. It is what it is. Trust, once broken, takes a long time to recover. Having a mod in here saying things will be more tightly monitored won't bring back any trust. That was part of the problem in the first place. You can't have ultimate power and wield said ultimate power as well. Too many people get nervous and resentful. Just so you understand everything, it was falcon fans that started the migration in the first place, not rival fans.

Personally, I think we should just let it die. No more stupid fights with the peeps who left, good for them for making their own way when things happened they didn't like. I am tired of all the drama and bs and honestly, probably won't be around very much when the season starts. I have been trying to post here a lot to keep things going, but it is distracting me from other things going on and honestly, I'm just tired of it all. The only thing we see anymore are the few trolls that come back just to push buttons and get a laugh at our expense.

Camelot has fallen, and is no more....

Sadly agree..... I'm sitting here trying to figure out what people don't get with the front part of the thread that says the slate is clean for almost everyone.... Yet there is people all over throwing in hidden agendas of drama at one another.... Heck I replied the first day this thread was made and not anymore. Yet somehow a few members have decided to try to drag my name through the dirt trying to get me to argue with them.

This place is beyond broken. And that goes for almost everyone here (including me). DatMan, quiet guy, are posting and not once in this thread that I know of..... Honestly [v] my advice to powers is to delete this thread. Make a new one of rules. ( sadly we need them). And if a ton of people get into it again ban them all who are involved, regardless what is said. Or just lock this forum up for a while (like a year at least)

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly agree..... I'm sitting here trying to figure out what people don't get with the front part of the thread that says the slate is clean for almost everyone.... Yet there is people all over throwing in hidden agendas of drama at one another.... Heck I replied the first day this thread was made and not anymore. Yet somehow a few members have decided to try to drag my name through the dirt trying to get me to argue with them.

This place is beyond broken. And that goes for almost everyone here (including me). DatMan, quiet guy, are posting and not once in this thread that I know of..... Honestly [v] my advice to powers is to delete this thread. Make a new one of rules. ( sadly we need them). And if a ton of people get into it again ban them all who are involved, regardless what is said. Or just lock this forum up for a while (like a year at least)

If RC got back to the good natured ribbing we all enjoyed it would be a start.

When things got personal is when things went down hill...fast.

Its going to be tough for some of us to just let go of some of the stuff a few posters have done though. Personally, in my opinion, a few posters don't need to be back.

However most of the Saints posters will be missed.

Closing it doesn't do anything. They will just celebrate it like they won. Watch daily and you will see tree and Sycola just moved to tatf and abf. They will just troll us there.

It's not important to close here or what it once was. There is many forums here that are slow and Noone is waiting for them to close.

People focus on the bad and those who camp here. Start new conversations and talk.

Meet people who come by. You can't expect there will always be a thread to post in. If there isn't. Start one.

I'll miss ray and DD and guys. But they wanted to create a new place and build it . I wish them the best. But fiddy and Sycola as admins is playing with fire.

You're contradicting yourself.

Why would anyone at .net want RC to close down?

That's where we leech (your words) our user base from.

Right?

it's all cool. There is a saint fan here, 2 Cowboys, and a panther fan.

The reason it is slow is it is just the off season. Let's the games begin and this place will move along.

Before all the drama last year and the year before and etc. It is always dead in the off season. There is threads always asking why it is dead.

No it wasn't. This place always maintained some regular activity. Lol it's because you were rarely around unless there was some kind of drama going on that you could jump in.

The offseason is when most the **** talking and ribbing took place... because that's about all there was to do at that point in the season.

If RC got back to the good natured ribbing we all enjoyed it would be a start.

When things got personal is when things went down hill...fast.

Its going to be tough for some of us to just let go of some of the stuff a few posters have done though. Personally, in my opinion, a few posters don't need to be back.

However most of the Saints posters will be missed.

This is true. I guess some posters just got bored with the regular ribbing/jousting of knocking the other guys/gals team. I rode the saints fans hard about their team/players/coaches etc. But it was in good fun and in turn they gave it back. That was fun, we did the same to other rivals teams. Where it got out of line with the personal stuff is hard to say. We don't ever need to get back to that place again. As far as people being missed? They will be but I have a feeling gametime rivalry will bring them back.

No it wasn't. This place always maintained some regular activity. Lol it's because you were rarely around unless there was some kind of drama going on that you could jump in.

The offseason is when most the **** talking and ribbing took place... because that's about all there was to do at that point in the season.

A lot of the ribbing happened right after we played each other. Especially after you guys opened a can of whoop arse on us for the division title. We took a lot from you guys for weeks after that. but we hung in there and took it like men.

As far as people being missed? They will be but I have a feeling gametime rivalry will bring them back.

You realize there are plenty of Falcons fans, along with all the Saints, Panthers and Bucs fans on the other board, right? Game threads will and have already been made there. There's also a game day chat room. Not sure why you think things are just suddenly return to normal out the blue come regular season.

A lot of the ribbing happened right after we played each other. Especially after you guys opened a can of whoop arse on us for the division title. We took a lot from you guys for weeks after that. but we hung in there and took it like men.

Well yeah, of course there's smack talking after the games. I was just disputing fib's claim that this place was always dead in the offseason... because that's simply not true. The offseason is the time to get your shots in and boast about what you did the previous season. Because once the new season starts it doesn't matter anymore. Falcons fans sure did plenty of this after 2012, just like we did after 2013 and 2014.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3979418-my-thought-on-the-current-state-of-rival-central/page-2

2013 season. Majority of drama. Lil honey. The #1 person talking about it was Johnny bucc.

Once she got banned. Not that much later the famous thread was made to ignore people. Saint ray and others had enough of serge and his trolls trying to take over. So they started a thread on ignore.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3979397-whats-the-beef-with-big-l-and-masbinacci/

The major thing I was involved in was big A. And I grew balls (unlike you and a lot of posters). And called him. And we talked. He apologized and said a couple things were serge. And we agreed to leave it at just football hashing... And that was the end of him or I going at each other, minus football rival talk. (and for the record syco, fiddy, Johnny, Shuswap have my number... Just never a call)

So what did lil honey and Johnny go? She got banned and over a 100 threads were made from those two. I think everyone poked sticks at how Lame that was. Who reported Lil honey? Not wfw or anyone who stayed here in RC.

What nakedness with serge and his boys? Banned. By who you ask? I'll just say not wfw or anyone who stayed here and let you figure that out.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/54-rival-central/page-197?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=start_date&topicfilter=all

So there is 2013 in a nut shell. You are fast to say I only reply to drama, but you really are just trying to get a rise out of me. And it ain't going to happen. And when you come at me with childish comments acting like I love drama, you are fast to forget and not mention the other stuff that was going on.

Why did you think I started the thread saying y'all were the serge 2.0 trying to take over these boards just a couple months ago?

Do you need a 2014 break down?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4007321-sobored-sofreakingbored-waiting-for-the-games-to-start/

Pox was right, it was boring. You can go through ten pages of threads for all of football offseason.

While in 2013 you had over 10 pages of threads just for one month/week sometimes (mostly Johnny and Lil honey).

The only drama was between Johnny and Willy. Willy said he was going to drive down and fight him. (according to Johnny).

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/54-rival-central/page-95?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=start_date&topicfilter=all&

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4007033-gratz-tuggle-14-on-being-a-new-admin/

In fact it was so dead there that when tuggle became a mod. We actually congratulated him like men and not like kids.

While this thread here for powers is very childish. I responded one time on page one to dago saying to saying to just drop talking about the drama and do like powers said, "clean slate"...... But days later Shuswap comes in throwing beef at me about the entire lawyer mess, Willy Mo does it as well. And do you see me responding? Nope, I'm done with y'alls childish stuff.

So what now were you saying about who likes drama?

out of the RC regulars still here, Cheffie and Despool are making the best points

danight...you and I have never had an issue but you have to stop looking at it like a competition where there is a winner. whatever your beef with treefiddy is, he didn't 'leech' or 'steal' the Saints fans. We went over there mostly because we were tired of the resident mod and one particular poster who still can't man up and admit his wrongdoing. we weren't brainwashed or hoodwinked...it was a conscious choice

I have been here since before the 2006 season and many of the RC Saints fans have been long time posters. do you really think we stopped posting just because somebody started a new board?

what would go a long way to making things better and getting back to the way things used to be is if ole Grimer Wormtongue would man up and admit his sabotage of this forum instead of the passive aggressive role he is playing at now

you all wanted to know what could bring us back. that would help so that we would know we wouldn't be coming back to the same crap that made us leave in the first place

so let's see if Grimer loves this place as much as he claims or if it is all lip service

Great effort munky/mash

Like he said and JP said, tabula rasa. This can be very easy or other's can make it very hard.

The ones that make it hard are the ones that are never willing to let it go, and the ones that have their own agenda of keeping the board wars ongoing.

I think the players that remained have said all along it's over let's bury the hatchet come back one come back all if we can maintain civility...we can do this fellas

I posted here for a long time. Mostly TATF at first, then found RC and stayed after the "Who are the trolls?" thread in TATF.

What could make me come back? Not sure anything really. I have nothing against just about every poster here, except for one. The condescending, I run this place tone has only gotten worse since the splinter board. If I can get quality football talk, with great posters who I like, without having to wade through one posters BS, why wouldn't I?

I posted here for a long time. Mostly TATF at first, then found RC and stayed after the "Who are the trolls?" thread in TATF.

What could make me come back? Not sure anything really. I have nothing against just about every poster here, except for one. The condescending, I run this place tone has only gotten worse since the splinter board. If I can get quality football talk, with great posters who I like, without having to wade through one posters BS, why wouldn't I?

You were another one of the posters I was thinking about when I made the move over here. No one poster runs any forum. A good forum has a good core of posters and they're the ones who actually "run" a forum. A mods job is just to keep the riff raff out to allow that core of good posters to do what they do.

Thanks for your input.

When people say they still have something against a poster (no one in particular) then they are not willing to make the commitment of a clean slate, like JP is asking for. The same thing happened when Mono and Tuggle got involved with this site. There were posters who flat out attacked them because they didn't want any moderation, fortunately for those guys the mods had a big heart because they really took it to the mods and challenged their authority.

I think if we need to make a concerted effort and give JP the respect he deserves and give him what he asks for then everything should be copacetic!

One other note: Yes, there are some posters that haven't fully return and many of them are saints fans, but people have been discrediting the ones (saints fans) that have stayed and they have added good football conversations for the last few months.

Don't want to miss anyones names but there here and they know who they are...we appreciate you guys

I want to clarify something....The clean slate it with me as a mod because I can't just make other posters forget what they think happened. That's something yall have to work through yourselves. It just has to be done in an appropriate manner and not just trolling each other if that's even possible.

Thanks because I read that wrong.

Thanks because I read that wrong.

That's probably my fault. The thing is I've seen everything that's been reported out of here and I can see everyone's warning points when they post in a thread. In fact I didn't know you could get as many warning points as some of yall have. That's why I felt the need to say peoples slates are wiped clean with me.

I want to clarify something....The clean slate it with me as a mod because I can't just make other posters forget what they think happened. That's something yall have to work through yourselves. It just has to be done in an appropriate manner and not just trolling each other if that's even possible.

much respect to you for what you are doing here and the way you are going about it

you asked what would bring the old Saints fans back, and I gave an honest answer

out of the RC regulars still here, Cheffie and Despool are making the best points

danight...you and I have never had an issue but you have to stop looking at it like a competition where there is a winner. whatever your beef with treefiddy is, he didn't 'leech' or 'steal' the Saints fans. We went over there mostly because we were tired of the resident mod and one particular poster who still can't man up and admit his wrongdoing. we weren't brainwashed or hoodwinked...it was a conscious choice

I have been here since before the 2006 season and many of the RC Saints fans have been long time posters. do you really think we stopped posting just because somebody started a new board?

what would go a long way to making things better and getting back to the way things used to be is if ole Grimer Wormtongue would man up and admit his sabotage of this forum instead of the passive aggressive role he is playing at now

you all wanted to know what could bring us back. that would help so that we would know we wouldn't be coming back to the same crap that made us leave in the first place

so let's see if Grimer loves this place as much as he claims or if it is all lip service

Wait a min. Now you say i don't make good points. Thats it, im getting the power drill 5000, bend over.