Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tldr

Panthers' Benjamin Carted Off With Knee Injury

106 posts in this topic

Yes because we all know showing basic empathy totally emasculates a person. Only those women type are allowed to do that kind of thing.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry KP hurt his witttle knee. I really hope he recovers and kicks our ***. Better?

I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry KP hurt his witttle knee. I really hope he recovers and kicks our ass. Better?

Is that really what you saw everyone doing?

In reality this is how it went

Everyone else: Man that sucks sure hope he's going to be okay

You: I don't care if he ever walks again and you're all a bunch of pansies.

That's literally how this went.

strain is a stretching of the ligament,could be could not be torn.depends how sever the stretching was.

Right. If it stretches enough it tears tho. That's why you have torn acl's or strained acl's. They won't call a strain a tear if it's not a tear. It'll be severely strained but that can keep a player out for the season too.

Right. If it stretches enough it tears tho. That's why you have torn acl's or strained acl's. They won't call a strain a tear if it's not a tear. It'll be severely strained but that can keep a player out for the season too.

A grade 3 Sprain is a tear though. Now I have no clue what the difference between a strain and a sprain is though.

I would never celebrate an injury. But if KB is out for the year, that would obviously be good news for the Falcons. Doesn't make you classless to point out the obvious.

If it's obvious why does it need to be pointed out?

A grade 3 Sprain is a tear though. Now I have no clue what the difference between a strain and a sprain is though.

Well I was gonna say the different grades but I get tired of typing on my iPhone lol. Sprains are much easier to come back from tho. As a doctor showed me one time literally with a rubber band if you keep stretching a rubber band it does t come back as tight as it once was and you're acl is similar when it's strained. A sprain is more or less a tweaking of the acl

I think he's right man. I think there are different grades of sprains and a complete tear is the highest level of sprain. I could be wrong but I swear I've read that somewhere before.

Edit:

Google to the rescue.

About half of all injuries to the anterior cruciate ligament occur along with damage to other structures in the knee, such as articular cartilage, meniscus, or other ligaments.

Injured ligaments are considered "sprains" and are graded on a severity scale.

Grade 1 Sprains. The ligament is mildly damaged in a Grade 1 Sprain. It has been slightly stretched, but is still able to help keep the knee joint stable.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

Grade 3 Sprains. This type of sprain is most commonly referred to as a complete tear of the ligament. The ligament has been split into two pieces, and the knee joint is unstable.

Now I have to figure out the difference between a sprain and a strain.

Right. What I was saying is that grade 3 they just CALL it a tear. They don't call it strained at that point. So if it's blown it's a tear. Just speaking in football terms not medical.
Jpizzle likes this

Is that really what you saw everyone doing?

In reality this is how it went

Everyone else: Man that sucks sure hope he's going to be okay

You: I don't care if he ever walks again and you're all a bunch of pansies.

That's literally how this went.

After the Sam Baker part, that's exactly how it went. Everyone was crying a river for Carolina. I'm a Falcon fan.

30+ years of carrying that ego and big head has started to take a toll on his body.

I hope even Dhall is okay though.

the twitter chat from those two was hilarious too. DHall saying something along the lines of someones best play in their career being a 10 yard catch on a DB that went down with an injury, and Hopkins sending something about hoping his (DHall) rehab goes well.......you could just smell the sarcasm in the air

Jpizzle likes this

Why does he have to be related to me in order for me to show a bit of compassion?

The fact that you brush off an injury to somebody who was providing you utility is a bit of a head scratcher to me. You dont know him but you liked him enough to put on your fantasy team. You have no remorse and that's all there is to it.

Think about it. If you barber loses his hands would you say, welp guess I have to find a new barber? Or would you be a bit disappointed and show some compassion first?

So what if he makes millions of dollars. The amount of money a guy makes should change my opinion of his well-being? The way you responded is as if Benjamin is just a game piece that you can dispose of however you chose.

If it's my barber of course I'm going to worry about him and show him compassion, because it's someone that I know personally. A guy who plays football for a team that I am not invested in as a fan gets hurt, you are exactly right in saying he's nothing more than a game piece. Not sure why you are feeling moral outrage over this.

How much remorse should I be feeling over his knee sprain? I said it sucks for him, that's the extent of my empathy and I don't think any more is warranted. I'm not gonna say a prayer for his knee or start a gofundme page for his family.

dozer and papachaz like this

So because you dont know him personally it's okay to devalue his injury and livelihood?

Well he does play for a division rival, so I have no sympathy for him or his team mates.

Also safe to say that thankfully we don't share the same "fashion sense".

The way you responded is as if Benjamin is just a game piece that you can dispose of however you chose.

Hit the nail on the head, you must play FF. Well ask yourself would KB care if you got injured and/or lost your job?

It happens everyday & no one cares but when it happens to a pro athlete it matters? & you feel sorry for the division rival millionaire??

bigbabygrady likes this

Watched a good friend of mine, lose his job the other day. Any NFL player who has an injury at the end of the day could end up unemployed eventually by it you never know. Regardless what teams these guys play for they are men first, which means they have families who depend on them, they have hopes and dreams of their own and any injury puts all that in jeopardy.

So with a big F you, if you think its OK when these guys get hurt and yes I do feel empathy for them.

It a sad part of the business, but that doesn't mean you should ever grow cold about it or even like it.

SyCo and KRUNKuno like this

Watched a good friend of mine, lose his job the other day. Any NFL player who has an injury at the end of the day could end up unemployed eventually by it you never know. Regardless what teams these guys play for they are men first, which means they have families who depend on them, they have hopes and dreams of their own and any injury puts all that in jeopardy.

So with a big F you, if you think its OK when these guys get hurt and yes I do feel empathy for them.

It a sad part of the business, but that doesn't mean you should ever grow cold about it or even like it.

Happens everyday & it has happened to me. Life is hard.

this is why NO FANTASY LEAGUE should ever have their draft before the 3rd pre-season game. Usually once the star players make it through the 3rd pre-season game, you at least know they will be healthy or not on the PUP or IR for the first game of the season.

When you draft too early, these things happen - sorry it happened to you Dirtybird#11.

I prefer early drafts so my sleepers stay sleepers. Drafting after preseason exposes breakout players. Ones which I usually saw coming.

Well he does play for a division rival, so I have no sympathy for him or his team mates.

Also safe to say that thankfully we don't share the same "fashion sense".

Hit the nail on the head, you must play FF. Well ask yourself would KB care if you got injured and/or lost your job?

It happens everyday & no one cares but when it happens to a pro athlete it matters & you feel sorry for the division rival millionaire??

exactly. Just like in A Bronx Tale, when Sonny tells C that Mickey Mantle doesn't care about you so why do you care about Mickey Mantle

Here's a feel good story for those who enjoy NFCS feel good stories & want to send a get well card.

Coach Sean Payton confirmed ESPN's Adam Schefter's report that C.J. Spiller (knee) should be ready for Week 1 against the Cardinals.

Spiller underwent a knee scope recently and hasn't practiced the past 7-10 days. We're not going to see him during the preseason, but Spiller has been in the Saints' running-back room digesting the playbook and taking mental reps. It's really not a big concern for 28-year-old Spiller as long as he's back for the opener.
Relax Spiller should be just fine for Week 1.

It's a torn ACL according to Schefter

I knew it looked worse than a sprain. That sucks for him and the panties. He was one of the few players they could not afford to lose