Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tldr

Panthers' Benjamin Carted Off With Knee Injury

106 posts in this topic

I would never celebrate an injury. But if KB is out for the year, that would obviously be good news for the Falcons. Doesn't make you classless to point out the obvious.

I agree. It's my team, yet I realize it's kind of a show of respect to recognize it helps your team (as long as it's not said in a heartless manner).

Still, I have to say, I just read through all of the posts on this thread and am quite impressed with the respectful, caring comments. You guys have upped my opinion of you.

A guy gets injured and all you can think about is your fantasy team?

Yea, I mean I don't know the guy personally. sucks for him. are you sending flowers?

dozer likes this

Until I receive a bouquet from Carolina regarding one of our injuries, **** KB and **** his knee. If he ever walks again is not my problem. Good lord you guys are pansies.

+1 & Thank you

ffit0w.jpg

That is a big dude. That's a lot of pressure on those joints. That really is a shame. Kid's got talent.

Yeah, it's been a concern from the beginning. Had weight problems at Florida State, and I also read an article where he came into OTA's 20 lbs too heavy. His injury was just waiting to happen...

Yea, I mean I don't know the guy personally. sucks for him. are you sending flowers?

+1 & Thank you

ffit0w.jpg

So because you dont know him personally it's okay to devalue his injury and livelihood?

Until I receive a bouquet from Carolina regarding one of our injuries, fuck KB and fuck his knee. If he ever walks again is not my problem. Good lord you guys are pansies.

Yes because we all know showing basic empathy totally emasculates a person. Only those women type are allowed to do that kind of thing.

That didn't look like a sprain. Never seen anyone just collapse from a strain before

On the 1st episode of Hard Knocks, DeAngelo Hall went down like a sack of ****.

Turned out to be a groin injury. Looked like an ACL. There really isn't a good way to tell how serious it is.

Classy? This is football, not the prom, and eff Sam Baker. He wasn't good healthy, he just racked up some participation trophies.

lol ok. **** and here I was sitting here looking for a date. Look when people are talking about baker they make it seem like he's a bad guy for taking the money he was offered. People have audacity to act like if it where them, they would tell TD, "NO I don't believe I'm worth that kinda money!" It's pretty funny man. If you where offered a raise after having problems with attendance at your job due to uncontrollable illness or injury are you saying you would turn it down? He'll no you wouldn't! That's not on you, that's on your boss. It was td's mistake to give him that deal. Sam Baker just sucked in the end at staying healthy. There where a few moments where he didn't suck all together. That doesn't make him a bad human being. Lol this place is hilarious.
Falconsfan567 and hjerry like this

On the 1st episode of Hard Knocks, DeAngelo Hall went down like a sack of ****.

Turned out to be a groin injury. Looked like an ACL. There really isn't a good way to tell how serious it is.

To be fair if I hurt my groin I'm probably going down like a sack of **** too.

Hate to see injuries and to everyone saying their fantasy team is shot... This is why you don't draft till game 3 of preseason

We don't draft in our league til after all preseason games have been played. I don't see why people do their drafts so early. You got people's teams taking big hits before the season has even started.

Until I receive a bouquet from Carolina regarding one of our injuries, **** KB and **** his knee. If he ever walks again is not my problem. Good lord you guys are pansies.

Lol yea, I'm beginning to realize that class just isn't your thing. Lol. Good ol internet tough guys. Gotta love it!

Yes because we all know showing basic empathy totally emasculates a person. Only those women type are allowed to do that kind of thing.

How dare any human show empathy! That **** is for puzzys! Lmao

To be fair if I hurt my groin I'm probably going down like a sack of **** too.

Good point.

That was hilarious though. DHall had been running his mouth (I know, shocking). Deandre Hopkins did a stop and go followed by a comeback route, and DHall looked like someone lassoed his feet.

Hopkins said "I'm already breaking ankles" or something like that laugh.png

Jpizzle and papachaz like this

Good point.

That was hilarious though. DHall had been running his mouth (I know, shocking). Deandre Hopkins did a stop and go followed by a comeback route, and DHall looked like someone lassoed his feet.

Hopkins said "I'm already breaking ankles" or something like that laugh.png

30+ years of carrying that ego and big head has started to take a toll on his body.

I hope even Dhall is okay though.

So because you dont know him personally it's okay to devalue his injury and livelihood?

Is he your cousin or something? Yes, it's completely fine to comment on how his injury impacts me. It's not like the guy died, he has millions of dollars and wouldn't have to work a day in his life if his career ended this morning, which is not the case. I don't think I've "devalued" him in anyway but feel free to go cry about it some more. If he could only see how much compassion you have for him, I bet he would give you a brief but appreciative glance.

dozer likes this

Is he your cousin or something? Yes, it's completely fine to comment on how his injury impacts me. It's not like the guy died, he has millions of dollars and wouldn't have to work a day in his life if his career ended this morning, which is not the case. I don't think I've "devalued" him in anyway but feel free to go cry about it some more. If he could only see how much compassion you have for him, I bet he would give you a brief but appreciative glance.

Why does he have to be related to me in order for me to show a bit of compassion?

The fact that you brush off an injury to somebody who was providing you utility is a bit of a head scratcher to me. You dont know him but you liked him enough to put on your fantasy team. You have no remorse and that's all there is to it.

Think about it. If you barber loses his hands would you say, welp guess I have to find a new barber? Or would you be a bit disappointed and show some compassion first?

So what if he makes millions of dollars. The amount of money a guy makes should change my opinion of his well-being? The way you responded is as if Benjamin is just a game piece that you can dispose of however you chose.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Couldn't have said it better.

dozer likes this

A blown acl is a tear. A strain is not.

I think he's right man. I think there are different grades of sprains and a complete tear is the highest level of sprain. I could be wrong but I swear I've read that somewhere before.

Edit:

Google to the rescue.

About half of all injuries to the anterior cruciate ligament occur along with damage to other structures in the knee, such as articular cartilage, meniscus, or other ligaments.

Injured ligaments are considered "sprains" and are graded on a severity scale.

Grade 1 Sprains. The ligament is mildly damaged in a Grade 1 Sprain. It has been slightly stretched, but is still able to help keep the knee joint stable.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

Grade 3 Sprains. This type of sprain is most commonly referred to as a complete tear of the ligament. The ligament has been split into two pieces, and the knee joint is unstable.

Now I have to figure out the difference between a sprain and a strain.

Lol yea, I'm beginning to realize that class just isn't your thing. Lol. Good ol internet tough guys. Gotta love it!

I'm not interested in your measure of class, and I'm not concerned about what you think is tough.