After A Further Examination Of Hagerman...

Macintez

Dude still has a long way to go as far as techniques is concerned. He still plays too high, he still gets stood up by blockers, and he still struggles with hand violence/placement. Now am I saying this dude is a bust? No, so don't take it there. I just want to see him put it all together before the end of the preseason at least. From what I've seen, he is way too obsessed with trying to toss around linemen like ragdolls and while Hageman is ox strong there are too many O-linemen like Chance Warmack that can counteract his strength/bullrush with perfect technique... This is where hopefully Dan Quinn makes a difference because I see a lot of physical talent in Hageman but you will not dominate on the NFL level with raw physical talent alone. I'm rooting for Hageman, and I know it's his second season but I just can't wait for him to become a force for us....

We need it to be this season though.

He drew at least one double out of his 5 plays that benefited others. When others start winning their one on ones's consistently during the season I think you'll see he isn't as far off as some might think. That inside move to get himself up field would've been a tackle for loss if the run was coming his way.

He drew at least one double out of his 5 plays that benefited others. When others start winning their one on ones's consistently during the season I think you'll see he isn't as far off as some might think. That inside move to get himself up field would've been a tackle for loss if the run was coming his way.

It's crazy because he's somewhat comparable to a Muhammad Wilkerson type of player but he's more explosive. Someone with the athleticism to play all over the line but with the power to dominate the interior. This dude has special physical skills he just needs to play with a plan. This dude was compared to JJ Watt coming out of college. I would love for those two to become training buddies in the off-season...

From what I've seen, he is way too obsessed with trying to toss around linemen like ragdolls and while Hageman is ox strong there are too many O-linemen like Chance Warmack that can counteract his strength/bullrush with perfect technique...

Not sure if you're misinformed or just trolling, because Hageman blew up Warmack on the very first defensive snap of the game. He blew past Warmack immediately and only didn't stuff the run because it was an edge run way to the left of the line. If it had been up the middle or to the right, he would have demolished the rb.

Edited by dfsutton

Not sure if you're misinformed or just trolling, because Hageman blew up Warmack on the very first defensive snap of the game. He blew past Warmack immediately and only didn't stuff the run because it was an edge run way to the left of the line. If it had been up the middle or to the right, he would have demolished the rb.

absolutley correct. It is feast and famine with the penetration style. Gags will destroy a fair number of runs this year. Very exciting.

Agreed, it seemed to me that Hageman was responsible for penetration of the gap and that's exactly what he did while playing.

I watch every play he was in last night. I'm not saying he didn't do **** last night. But on a few occasions dude came out his stance too high. I'm re-watching the game now... You're talking about when he blew past 76 on the first defensive snap of the game. I'm talking about the bullrush when he couldn't disengage from his one on one match up with Chance Warmack. Lewan pushed him out the way a time or two as well. I believe in this dude tho... I guess I want him to be JJ Watt too bad...

I watch every play he was in last night. I'm not saying he didn't do **** last night. But on a few occasions dude came out his stance too high. I'm re-watching the game now... You're talking about when he blew past 76 on the first defensive snap of the game. I'm talking about the bullrush when he couldn't disengage from his one on one match up with Chance Warmack. Lewan pushed him out the way a time or two as well. I believe in this dude tho... I guess I want him to be JJ Watt too bad...

Hey man, Chance Warmack was a **** of a fine prospect in his own right. Not every failure to destroy worlds is a failure....you're usually working against another competent player.

Hageman has a lot of on-the-field learning to do...he only played a couple hundred defensive snaps last year. He needs to get beat sometimes to get better.

I would absolutely love if he turned into a JJ Watt type dude....but JJ Watt is absurdly rare. I'm looking for incremental gains and increased frequency of splash plays from Hage. And to be honest, I was really impressed with the entire top half of the defensive depth chart. I think they played aggressively while maintaining control and getting push.

It looked like a defensive look we havent seen in years. I except him to be a part of that as it continues.

Just give it time, brah.

Hey man, Chance Warmack was a **** of a fine prospect in his own right. Not every failure to destroy worlds is a failure....you're usually working against another competent player.

Hageman has a lot of on-the-field learning to do...he only played a couple hundred defensive snaps last year. He needs to get beat sometimes to get better.

I would absolutely love if he turned into a JJ Watt type dude....but JJ Watt is absurdly rare. I'm looking for incremental gains and increased frequency of splash plays from Hage. And to be honest, I was really impressed with the entire top half of the defensive depth chart. I think they played aggressively while maintaining control and getting push.

It looked like a defensive look we havent seen in years. I except him to be a part of that as it continues.

Just give it time, brah.

3 players I'm rooting for are Toilolo, Alford, and Hageman... I guess I will have to give it time.

Thank God football season is back.