Nick Williams

NZFalcon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams had a strong game, no doubt about it. The coaches are going to have an extraordinarily difficult time when final roster spots are decided. We have the best crop of receivers in camp in recent memory. If it actually boiled down to Weems or Williams, Weems would probably get the nod because of his ST play. If overall receiver play continues at this level, even decisions on PS will be tough. A great problem to have!

Edited by DocMan

Weems is a guy that I have always liked and never could understand why he has never gotten more play at receiver over the years. I have never seen him drop a ball and his route running looks fine to me. It's one of those things that has never been explained to me.

Williams looked good tonight too.

I was really happy when we signed him last season. Great team player. He actually was a pretty good WR when called upon last year.

Weems is a guy that I have always liked and never could understand why he has never gotten more play at receiver over the years. I have never seen him drop a ball and his route running looks fine to me. It's one of those things that has never been explained to me.

Williams looked good tonight too.

I guess only so many balls to go around, but I know what you are saying. He always seemed underutilized, just how I felt about Snelling for the longest time and in recent years, Antone Smith.

I like Williams too. Very versatile. If everyone stays healthy, it is going to be a difficult call. Hester has been hurt, and can't do everything Weems and Williams can (receiving or punt and kick coverage). I'm always concerned with players north of 30 staying healthy, so we will see how the next few weeks play out.