Yates Is A Pile Of Ish

I continue to be dumbfounded at how bad Yates is. I keep thinking he will improve, but he is just as bad as he was last season. I think the coaches were thinking/hoping he would improve, especially since he has played in this offense, but nope. He looks like mentally he has just lost it and there is no coming back.

I feel pretty sure the coaches have seen enough from him and Renfree has moved in front of Yates.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renfree is not the answer.....

If Ryan got sidelined for a few games who the eff is gonna run this elite offense by closing games out in 4th qtr when needed?

^^^This!!!^^^

I realize you can't fix everything in one offseason, but we are in a bad way if Ryan goes down. I did think Renfree looked much better than Yates, but against 3rd stringers.

^^^This!!!^^^

I realize you can't fix everything in one offseason, but we are in a bad way if Ryan goes down. I did think Renfree looked much better than Yates, but against 3rd stringers.

agreed so lets hope the coaches see what renfree can do at 2nd string. he can only play against the competition thats giving to him. he has earned the back up spot for game 2

I think we will see a few QB's after cuts that could be interesting. EJ Manuel for one could be interesting. He is Cam Newton clone in that he is highly inaccurate aside from a perfectly placed bomb once in a while. He would be the perfect #2 QB for CAR. I would like to see what Kyle could do with him too.

Panthers have a lot of DE's. If UDFA Arthur Miley is cut we should look at him.

Mettenburg should be STARTING for the Titans. Mariota was a MARKETING move by the front office. In fact, i would trade BOTH yates, renfree and a draft pick for him as a backup to Ryan.

You didn't watch him last year. He is horrible.

I feel pretty sure the coaches have seen enough from him and Renfree has moved in front of Yates.

I hope they have seen enough of him. It will be very disappointing if they keep him as the backup QB. I have zero confidence that he can manage the game, much less lead us to a win, if he has to fill in for Matt.

Yates showed absolutely nothing last season. I was rather surprised to notice he was still on the Falcons roster at the start of training camp. If Yates is on the roster come September, either the NFL's backup QB pool has completely evaporated, or Yates has some real dirt on more than a few Falcons execs.

To state the obvious, let us all pray Ryan stays healthy.

I always liked MettenBERGER even back during his UGA days

I would like to see him as a Falcon backup

also Murray is sitting as 2/3? at KC I like him also

but Renfree may be just as good as either of them with a little more development

none of the 3 would give the Falcons a Vet presence at QB

Yates. It's first preseason game. Let's worry more about O line protecting Matt then 2nd and 3rd string QB s

concur that O-line is still #1 problem

I do think there is much over reaction to Yates performance

BUT I do believe the Falcons can find a much better #2 QB than Yates

---not sure it's Renfree ---not sure it's not Renfree

There are a lot of young QBs I like but getting one of them would give no vet QB presence (other than Ryan)

Yates. It's first preseason game. Let's worry more about O line protecting Matt then 2nd and 3rd string QB s

He was horrible last year, so I see no reason to give him a pass because it was the first preseason game. Enough is enough...time for him to go. The guy just doesn't have what it takes.

I always liked MettenBERGER even back during his UGA days

You like that he got kicked off the team before ever playing a snap because he groped a waitress in Valdosta?

ETA: oh and yes, Yates is absolute garbage. I'll be surprised if he's still here come regular season.

Edited by b3td