Brooks Reed Close To Getting Back On The Practice Field For Falcons

Tuggle'2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/brooks-reed-close-to-getting-back-on-the-practice-field-for-falcons/ Brooks Reed close to getting back on the practice field for Falcons
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

As the Falcons tried to fix the league’s worst defense, one of their key moves was bringing in linebacker Brooks Reed.

They may finally be close to seeing him practice again.

According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Reed said

Thursday that he’s close to returning from the groin injury that’s kept him off the field for most of training camp.

“I’m trying to get back here as quick as I can and just do my job,” Reed said. “I don’t have much time left with rehabbing. I’ve had to do it before so I know what I’m doing. It should be pretty soon that I should be back. . . .

“It’s really tough. You want to come in here and impress, be 100 percent on the field and show everyone why you were picked to come here. Right now, it’s been an up-and-down process for me. I’m going to get better, but I just have to be patient a little bit with it. Give it time to heal and very shortly, it should be good and I’ll be ready to rock and roll.”

The Falcons gave Reed a five-year, $22 million contract to lure him away from the Texans early in free agency, with hopes he could help shore up a side of the ball which was nothing short of a disaster a year ago. But he struggled with another groin injury through the offseason, and hasn’t been able to show them much of what he might provide.

Well hopefully he does get back out there. We can absolutely use him. Loved the signing, just need the guy healthy.