My Reasons For Posting Youtube Highlights

The old saying "you eat with your eyes first." I can easily give a write up on these guys but if you saw a "highlight" first then you would most likely go do your own research. And I know it's just YouTube, but I really do watch actual games.

But these are guys who I want the Falcons to consider. My favorites are DB's. I not only scout the present players, but also the up and coming future stars. I'm not bragging but I've known about Jaylon Smith since he was a freshman. I knew he was a beast. The same for Deshaun Watson coming out of HS. I posted a highlight of Jamal Adams who will be a future star.

But if y'all wanna do your own research, go search for Budda Baker and Eric Berry's younger brothers, who are also beasts. I can give info on all these guys if I wanted to. The one thing I should've done tho was put all the videos in one thread.

First, let me apologize for being an ***. I do that sometimes. I rarely let people get to me, but, when they do, I can get pretty personal.

Second, you have to understand who you are dealing with down here. Most of the posters down here, aren't like in TATF. They tend to dislike highlight vids, and you'll see them getting mocked often. Some won't watch them at all, since it only shows the good of the player. The reason for this, is b/c the majority of the posters down here, are experienced, in both scouting as a fan, and in some cases, professionally. They have been doing this for a while, and know quite a bit more, than the average poster. Part of this is the resources that they use. Many on here, if they are not watching full games, will watch the edited ones on Draft Breakdown, which will show both the good and the bad, within a game, for a prospect. This also helps them to be aware of the more popular players. They will also get rankings and info from sites like NFLDraftScout, as well as more opinionated sites like walterfootball and mockingthedraft. Even this is really the tip of the iceberg there. Kayoh once did a great thread listing the majority of the solid resources now available online.

It's for this reason, that I posted things like I did in the Allen thread. To begin with, it was never intended to be mean spirited, but was also me going kind of like, "um well yeah, I mean of course FA comes before the draft." It felt like telling advanced calculus students what 2+2=. That was how it felt. So I just made a joke and moved on.

So, as I've said in other posts, if you want to keep posting these vids, then go ahead. I'm not a mod, and I have absolutely no authority to tell you otherwise. You just shouldn't be surprised though if they get met with jokes, and/or crickets.

With that, I will apologize once more, and be out. smile.png

Its an old school thing. We use to do that when we were excited about a player, but wanted you to see first.

then say that and make a single thread for it or don't post 2 every week, and don't use the excuse "i could tell you about him but i'll let you see for yourself" yeah you do that while showing me a video of only his best plays. or title the thread "insert name highlight video".

Just saying...

What's the big deal in this anyway? If you don't like highlights, watching highlights don't respond to it. It's like certain people like to squawk (you could fill in a different word for that, starts with a 'b' ends in 'ing') about a whole bunch of irrelevant stuff. What your not paying attention to, is focus on stuff like this tends to bring the whole board down, we don't put real focus into the team, because we debate crap like this, policing the board on just non-sense.

This goes for other just ridiculously things as well, it's not just 'Why are you putting highlight videos of players on MY draft discussion board?', other non-contributing things as well, non-football, non-team oriented, etc... I mean, its' a Team Draft discussion board, and some people are on here complaining (again could sub in another word for this) about highlight videos of players. If you come here, you are a fan of the Falcons, a football fan. If you are then be one, if not then you have some soul searching to do as far as wasting time in your own life and really others as well.

Just saying...

What's the big deal in this anyway? If you don't like highlights, watching highlights don't respond to it. It's like certain people like to squawk (you could fill in a different word for that, starts with a 'b' ends in 'ing') about a whole bunch of irrelevant stuff. What your not paying attention to, is focus on stuff like this tends to bring the whole board down, we don't put real focus into the team, because we debate crap like this, policing the board on just non-sense.

This goes for other just ridiculously things as well, it's not just 'Why are you putting highlight videos of players on MY draft discussion board?', other non-contributing things as well, non-football, non-team oriented, etc... I mean, its' a Team Draft discussion board, and some people are on here complaining (again could sub in another word for this) about highlight videos of players. If you come here, you are a fan of the Falcons, a football fan. If you are then be one, if not then you have some soul searching to do as far as wasting time in your own life and really others as well.

Well, yes and no.

First, posting habits will always be criticized on these boards, sometimes fairly, sometimes unfairly. Spend just a little time in TATF, and you'll see that very quickly.

Second, the "then don't post" thing goes both ways. The person who makes the thread makes it first, and thus gives everyone a chance to comment in it, good or bad. If you don't want negative responses, then don't make the thread. The thread being created, starts the whole process.

It's part of why I tend to spend so much time on my mocks, if/when I do make them. I want to avoid as many bad comments as possible, so I make them as detailed as I can. I started posting down here first, and kinda grew up as a poster here, before moving up to TATF (back when this place was like option #10 on the boards list). I learned very quickly, that lack of knowledge down here, will get you flamed and/or laughed at real fast. Of course, even with all of that, I still get ripped apart some times. I just make sure that I can back up my opinions, or, if I can't, be ready to admit as much.

Now, I'm not condoning negative posting, as I've been the victim of some pretty harsh attacks on here in the past, but you have to take the good with the bad. If one poster has the right to say something positive about the quality of a post, then the other guy has to also have the right to comment on the lack of such, as long it's within the CoC. If it isn't, then you can always of course get a mod involved.

Finally, you have to realize that most of this board's posters, are essentially on vacation right now, so there won't be much "good" posting for a little while. That makes the bad (threads and posts) stand out a little bit more.

Things should pick up in the next week or so, and it should lighten things up a bit. smile.png

I don't think I've given any input into this topic so I'll be honest...I'm not a fan of just pure highlights, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing when introducing a player. But this isn't TATF so you're not going to have to use that here to get someone you want noticed...if that makes sense.

It'd be nice to see an actual scouting report on the guy you're promoting. With measurables, pros & cons, and a clip. But here's the thing that I think the draft and free agency section needs a thread dedicated to that anyway. I make player rankings, but there is way too many players to make scouting reports on for just one person. I think it would be awesome to have a giant thread of scouting reports made by users on this board with a ranking system and etc.

I would love to start posting more here because I really do love scouting.

• 2 weeks later...

Youtube highlight footage for me just confirms what has been already written or said.

For me much like any sport you have to actually understand what you are watching before going to the highlight reels and voicing opinion.

Like the OP saying he had Jaylon Smith while there are alot of +'s for this guy the one thing that stood out for me was his tackling forme it needs work alot of work.

1.He never commits or aims up his shoulder when tackling.

2. He lets ball carriers get into his chest to much.

3.You know round here now DQ preaches that rugby tackling technique round the Branch now so I'd have serious concerns if we evr would look at this guy.