How Do You Feel About This Upcoming Season?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for the new philosophy that is being hyped. However, I am greatly concerned that the OL is still a wreck and that the back-ups are not even NFL back up material. I would have liked to seen us get some more solid players for the OL, but I guess they just don't grow on trees.

idk word out of camp the past couple of days has been nothing but positive reviews for the O-line

I'm excited like I am every year at this time. There are two sides of my mind right now. One thinks that we are coming off of the most logical and well executed off-season that I can recall. We made so many excellent moves to shore up our deficient areas and I want to see them translate into better play. The positive training camp reports have me wondering if I'm on 'Candid Camera'. I'm geeked.

The other, more grounded part of my mind reminds me that we had a lot to fix this off-season and that it's damned near impossible to rebuild the team in six months. The offensive line is the perfect example of not being able to overhaul a roster and address every need.

My expectations are that we will have a similar season to 2008. I think we win most of our games but I won't be surprised if we make the playoffs and have our dreams dashed again by a streaking team on its way to the Super Bowl.

With that said, I'm much more confident that we will improve significantly between this year and next. We will fight for respect this year. Next year, we will have expectations of success to deal with. By the time the new field opens, we will be where we thought we were at the beginning of 2013.

I belive the falcons will win the superbowl this year bc of explosive offense and takeaway defense we have to lean on our strenghts tho heres the MASTERPLAN

#1 Juilio Jones- Feed this man the ball for 1800 yards and 16 touchdowns this year

#2Antone Smith- This year tone will break out and have a monster year 20 tds 2000 yards just feed him the ball 20-25 carrries a game...this guy can fly and make plays he is not the biggest but his football skills are on 1000 feed this man this will be our breakout player he will compete against AP and Bell for the best rb in the league this year i also see gordon having a big year

#3 Matt ryan---Run the ball on every first down and them pass 2nd and 3rd feed tone and use max protect on third and short and fire to white when they are blanketing julio also lean on tolio in the redzone

#4 Hester--Wildcard---Big year on special teams

#5 Trufant---Put trufant on the weakide and Shade help to the otherside and watch trufant island be born aka tufant the tree...

I have tested this theory on madden and i am top 100 i beat up on any and every team check my resume im on ps3 gamertag----SHOWTIME3MILS

idk word out of camp the past couple of days has been nothing but positive reviews for the O-line

Still too many question marks for me. New scheme, guys coming back from injury and just plain lack of talent to begin with are all bad signs. The line still smells like the old BS where the front office thinks the coaching staff can take late rounders/cast offs and make them into a solid unit. Hasn't worked yet.

No o-line, no LBs, TEs are all former back-ups, RBs already hurt, and outside of Julio our other WRs are a rookie and two over the hill vets..........But we do have a new coaching staff AGAIN, Yea I'm thinking Superbowl. When your front office cant draft and all else fails fire the coaches and do the same thing all over again. The Home Depot/Arthur Blank way.

Don't care about any of the rest of what you said outside of the draft as everyone knows we had a good draft this year on paper it was probably the best one we have ever had and pretty much everyone agrees with it being a beast of a draft. analysts, reporters, our fans, and fans of other teams have all bragged about it and given it high grades. Rather it turns out as an amazing class is yet to be seen but the players picked no one can doubt they were high talent and upside picks where we took them. It looks like something Ozzie Newsome would have done and he is a great GM.