Falcons Veteran Guard Jon Asamoah Braces For Demotion

FentayeJones

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the reaction from some posters seems to reveal to me some of the fatal thought flaws of previous regimes. Just because your highest paid olineman is getting beat out by someone you didn't expect doesn't mean your oline is taking a step back. Also doesn't mean the guy getting beaten out has taken a step back or maybe it does but who cares. This is how you bring the best out in everyone and build your best team.

So many times in the past it was like coaches were so afraid that their 'pick' for best man for a position getting beat out was a bad thing for the whole team that they convinced themselves they were seeing something that they truly were not. Let the best man win regardless of the outcome and then you will see a team reach their potential. If you don't and are afraid of being wrong and build a loser.

I love what I am seeing from this new coaching staff..

Well this should put a lot of speculation to rest. Gonna be a lot of unhappy posters

Why would anyone be upset if the best 5 are starting, AS LONG AS they are at least NFL-competent? I don't give a fornicating flying monkey what the names on the jerseys are; I just care about the performance of the people in the jerseys..

Watching the reaction from some posters seems to reveal to me some of the fatal thought flaws of previous regimes. Just because your highest paid olineman is getting beat out by someone you didn't expect doesn't mean your oline is taking a step back. Also doesn't mean the guy getting beaten out has taken a step back or maybe it does but who cares. This is how you bring the best out in everyone and build your best team.
So many times in the past it was like coaches were so afraid that their 'pick' for best man for a position getting beat out was a bad thing for the whole team that they convinced themselves they were seeing something that they truly were not. Let the best man win regardless of the outcome and then you will see a team reach their potential. If you don't and are afraid of being wrong and build a loser.
I love what I am seeing from this new coaching staff..

Competition sounds good until they see it first hand. Then they backpedal.

Well maybe you should give a fornicating flying monkey.

Why? If I have a fornicating flying monkey, and I will neither confirm nor deny this, but if I do, I can get RICH by keeping it and charging people to watch it.

So no, I will not give a fornicating flying monkey. EVER.

Jon is an excellent guard with injuries that affect his ability to adapt to the new scheme. If healthy, I believe he wins the job. He is a pro and knows what it takes to succeed in the league. Perhaps this will motivate him to take his game to a higher level. If not, he could eventually be traded or released. Just the vagaries of the NFL, which for some means Not For Long. The only sure thing about life is that change will come.

I'm actually excited after reading this. Not because Asomoah isn't starting (I like him a lot) but because it shows that someone else is practicing better than perhaps our best O-lineman right now. I haven't read anything that indicates that Quinn or Shanahan are panicky over the makeup of the offensive line; perhaps they are seeing something that all of the Chicken Littles don't. It's possible that we are going to put together something more than just a serviceable line. We'll find out on Friday night.

I'm actually excited after reading this. Not because Asomoah isn't starting (I like him a lot) but because it shows that someone else is practicing better than perhaps our best O-lineman right now. I haven't read anything that indicates that Quinn or Shanahan are panicky over the makeup of the offensive line; perhaps they are seeing something that all of the Chicken Littles don't. It's possible that we are going to put together something more than just a serviceable line. We'll find out on Friday night.

This can't be said enough bro. Not sure where the Aso hate started coming from, but in my mind those folks are looking at it from the wrong angle. This is what I am seeing and loving.

Something that never happened with Smitty. You never saw anybody unseat the incumbent. Even if they were playing better. And this isn't a knock on Smitty. Just highlighting what many of us complained about when we saw a guy playing better than the starter. Only to disappear during the season. Smitty was a good guy that was loyal to his vets and that's a good thing and a bad thing. But I'm glad to see that Quinn isn't scared to demote a starter.

Something that never happened with Smitty. You never saw anybody unseat the incumbent. Even if they were playing better. And this isn't a knock on Smitty. Just highlighting what many of us complained about when we saw a guy playing better than the starter. Only to disappear during the season. Smitty was a good guy that was loyal to his vets and that's a good thing and a bad thing. But I'm glad to see that Quinn isn't scared to demote a starter.

Yeah, I can't help but think that those who assume this must be negative are thinking in terms of how the previous staff operated.