Cb Collins Struggling, Getting Constant 'tongue Lashings'

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at LB, FS, RB, WR, TE, OL, and pretty much everything except CB...lol

Coleman was still one of the best steals in the draft, especially since we had no shot at Gurley/Gordon. CB wasn't something we needed depth in, and I think we've found some great potentials for TE but I'd agree we need depth at Safety, LB and OL. We can worry about WR next year with our 1st/2nd.

Edited by FenixFalcon

I had Gregory has my #3 pass rusher behind Beasley and Fowler. So far he's having a great camp in Dallas which is nice to hear. As skinny as he is he actually held up alot better in the run game than guys like Beasley and Ray. I wouldn't have been mad at all if we went Beasley in the first and Gregory in the 2nd.

As far as Collins goes. He'll take sometime to develop which is fine. We aren't a legit contender this year anyways. I think he really blossoms next year.

Either Benardrick McKinney, Hau'oli Kikaha, Eric Kendricks, Jaquiski Tartt, Eric Rowe, Denzel Perryman, Mitch Morse, Ronald Darby, Nate Orchard, Jake Fisher, Maxx Williams, Markus Golden, Randy Gregory or Ali Marpet would have been a better choice.
Troffed.

And when most of that list do nothing this season, people will be saying " but it's only his rookie year. Give him time."

But they will write Collins off before pre-season games even start. rolleyes.gif

Either Benardrick McKinney, Hau'oli Kikaha, Eric Kendricks, Jaquiski Tartt, Eric Rowe, Denzel Perryman, Mitch Morse, Ronald Darby, Nate Orchard, Jake Fisher, Maxx Williams, Markus Golden, Randy Gregory or Ali Marpet would have been a better choice.

Troffed.

I hope people remember this post a year or two from now when you're only mentioning 1/4 of the names on those lists as the ones we should've taken.

Maxx Williams amongst others. I wanted a lot of different guys. Collins wasn't on the list, but I hope he does well now that he's here. I'm just losing enthusiasm for him every article.

Me too. I hear what you are saying, and we both know it's way too early to give up on any early draft pick, but this is exactly what I was telling Beefaroni my concerns about Collins were during our earlier "discussions" about this kid. He's got to get his techniques down, but first he has to get his attitude right. His 'tude was his issue at LSU his entire time there, at least that's what my 'sources' tell me, all who fell in love with the kid's raw talent.

Troffed.

There hasn't even been a preseason game yet.

Me too. I hear what you are saying, and we both know it's way too early to give up on any early draft pick, but this is exactly what I was telling Beefaroni my concerns about Collins were during our earlier "discussions" about this kid. He's got to get his techniques down, but first he has to get his attitude right. His 'tude was his issue at LSU his entire time there, at least that's what my 'sources' tell me, all who fell in love with the kid's raw talent.

That doesn't really make sense. All indications are that his attitude at camp has been phenomenal, it's his technique that's so lacking.

Lmmfao Man people are severely jumping the gun here. There hasn't even been a single game yet,and we are writing him off as a bust. Last year Hageman had the same issue, and everyone was defending him vehemently. There's a lot of hypocrisy in this room.

But Hageman didn't come out of college with the "same" knock as Collins. Research Collins and find out why he only started 10 games. Why we lost his spot the year before. Why he wasn't the better corner his senior year. These things are tell-tell to what makes a player. We can say, "he's a rookie, give him time to grow". And if he doesn't, then it would be said, "Hey, I was optimistic about the guy. I wanted him to do good because he was/is a Falcon". But I say, "I don't think he will do good at all. He's another Chris Houston with speed." Some want what's best for Collins since he's a Falcon, but I want what's best for the Falcons. And Collins isn't it, cause he SURE wasn't the best CB at lsU or even on the board at the time.

But Hageman didn't come out of college with the "same" knock as Collins. Research Collins and find out why he only started 10 games. Why we lost his spot the year before. Why he wasn't the better corner his senior year. These things are tell-tell to what makes a player. We can say, "he's a rookie, give him time to grow". And if he doesn't, then it would be said, "Hey, I was optimistic about the guy. I wanted him to do good because he was/is a Falcon". But I say, "I don't think he will do good at all. He's another Chris Houston with speed." Some want what's best for Collins since he's a Falcon, but I want what's best for the Falcons. And Collins isn't it, cause he SURE wasn't the best CB at lsU.

You don't know if Collins is best for the Falcons or not. You want him to NOT be so that you can validate yourself. The "Some want what's best for Collins since he's a Falcon" is how is should be.

This board can be so dramitic sometimes. Collins has had one week of practice and folks are about to jump off the ledge. If we had drafted Trae Waynes in the first some of yall will be on suicde watch right now since he has been struggling mightily - which can be expected for a rookie cornerback.

You don't know if Collins is best for the Falcons or not. You want him to NOT be so that you can validate yourself. The "Some want what's best for Collins since he's a Falcon" is how is should be.

And that's largely part of the reason for the last two seasons we were picking near the top. Because a lot of folks loves to "root" for the underdog that the Falcons draft instead of wanting the Falcons to draft the best player available.

And that's largely part of the reason for the last two seasons we were picking near the top. Because a lot of folks loves to "root" for the underdog that the Falcons draft instead of wanting the Falcons to draft the best player available.

Whats makes you think Collins wasnt the best player available according to the Falcons draft baord? A lot of folks had him as a first round talent.

You want him to be the best to validate YOURself. See how that works.

Not really.

If he plays well that's good for the team correct? If he doesn't play well, it doesn't bode well for the team right?

I want him to play well because him playing well benefits the team I root for.

Don't know of many "underdog" 2nd round draft picks with some first round grades