Help

Dirtybird#11

Alright if you've read the crucible you're about to become my new best friend on AFMB.

So I was given the task to annotate this book so I guess I could gain a further understanding of it than just reading an comprehending. However this is all due tomorrow thanks to my wonderful habit of procrastination! So with that I gotta ask to those who've read it can you pin point some foreshadowing and/or key events I could pinpoint while I annotate? All help is appreciated! ~DB#11

1. Grab as many thorough plot summaries, critical reviews, and other forms of analysis online.

Break down the events and details into a list.

Quickly thumb through each chapter and match up the details from the list

Refine your work until it looks passable

Quit being a dumb ***, wasting time on this stupid message board, and focus on your school work.

• Grab as many thorough plot summaries, critical reviews, and other forms of analysis online.
  • Break down the events and details into a list.
  • Quickly thumb through each chapter and match up the details from the list
  • Refine your work until it looks passable
  • Quit being a dumb ***, wasting time on this stupid message board, and focus on your school work.

WHO DAH FU(K ASSIGNS HW ON THE 1ST DAY?

Guest facelessman07

Listen up kid, you're about to have your first sick day

Force yourself to throw up. Do it loud enough to where your parents hear you

From what I remember, the primary tools of foreshadowing were the reputation and the title. I recommend asking your teacher if he or she is also planning on making Hawthorne impossible to enjoy this semester. I don't know what good it'll do you, but at least (s)he won't assume you're the sort that'll have to cheat to turn in a decent paper.

Guest facelessman07

Also, a bit of advice:

Remember how you felt tonight as a result of not properly planning, remember the specific emotions. Doesn't feel good, does it?

So don't do it again.

Use common sense, this crap won't fly in college. I'm assuming by your age you're still in high school...

I fucking loved the crucible as a kid. One of the few written works from High school that truly stuck with me.

If you have wifi at school and can see this I can offer up enough to get you by if its a short answer test. Tie every question, no matter how far away, back into the moral dilemma Proctor was facing in reconciling his own feelings towards what would make himself a decent human in his eyes. In public schools that is all you have to do.The story itself had many parallels between what was going on in hollywood, maybe America, at the time and what happened at the Salem,MA witch trials two centuries before. I think if you are able to wax poetically about how awesome John Proctor was the teacher will understand you read the book even if you get a few minor details wrong.

In the end he maintained his own humanity in death than accepting a life he would see no pride in leading. He could have signed the confession for self-preservation, but that was not who he was. He needed to make a stand here, it was his salvation in life. What is in a name? It was not everything to him, but it became a symbol to everything he wished to hold on to himself, and what he would not give up to save his life. He wasn't merely speaking of the name his parents given to him, but what he would have to feel living with himself in late 17th century America every day knowing he was not true to himself. He was not the label placed on him by the community, but someone in control of his own destiny at that point.

^Notice how I said a lot of words, but nothing really different from what I had placed together in the original idea above that entire paragraph. This is called talking in a circle, or saying the same thing in many different ways. Teachers will buy that.

In the end you should probably just read the book in your free time. If schools have not changed in the nearly decade or so I have been out you are in American literature(10th grade?) and the stories they give you won't get much better than this. You'll probably get an F.Scott Fitzgerald story later in the year in "This Side of Paradise" if you are in advanced classes, or more likely given this thread "The Great Gatsby" for the regular common students. Both are decent, but the honors classes will always get the better story. The rest is a blur now, but this is probably where it would stand. I always thought I liked it more so because the guy who wrote it was still alive when I had to read it in 10th grade(he died a year later) and was married to Marilyn Monroe, but it really was a character shaping story.

Edited by Forever Julian

As big of a procrastinator as I was in high school, I don't think I ever waited until the last night on a project such as this.

Personal advice if I may? Do yourself a favor and develop better habits for managing your work now instead of in college, or worse, in your career field. Sorry if that's overstepping you bounds, but I wish I would have done that at your age, instead of later on.

Fellas fellas. I got it fixed up! Thanks for the help tho! It was a simple as switching the class to next semester so I don't have to worry about it until Christmas

For the love gawd, please don't post this time in December you made the same mistake. Use winter break wisely you could easily knock out this book (I don't recall it being particularly thick)

Get ready to have the recurring nightmare of missing an important assignment and not actually being in school thanks to this.

I have that dream about once a year... It's terrifying.

My nightmare is I dream the quarter is almost over and I just realized I forgot to go to 1 specific class all quarter. Then it devolves into me trying to find something, like the way home, but keep getting loss. Dreams are weird.