Iron Sharpens Iron

We are starting to have a lot of great players at opposing positions in two scheme's offensively and defensively that I have faith in with developmental coaches that have an ability to get what they want out of their roster.

When our guys face their opponents I like our chances of eventually figuring out how to win one on ones even if we dont from the start. In game adjustments was a huge weakness last year and I see a system in place that should have our guys better equipped to overcome rather than folding like a lawn chair.

I think we will finish strong too and not just because of the conditioning. These guys are going to be so much more prepared this year. Fundamentally they are going to do the little things just from habit and they are not going to be bogged down second guessing themselves. Cant wait for this friday.

Edited by Ryan_2.0_WCO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but our offensive line is pudding, cant wait to see the D in preseason against other teams

The OL is where I take the wait and see approach. They will need time to know what one another will do as they learn to work collectively. I hope young guys emerge at the back up tackles.

LT-Matthews, Huffer

LG-Person, Chester

OC-Hawley, Stone

RG-Asamoah, Chester

RT-Schraeder, Rodgers

Whether the LG is Person or Chester both have experience in ZBS and either provides good depth to whichever one wins LG. The back up tackles is where I am focused in pre season to see who is up next if anyone gets hurt. Rodgers has gotten some snaps and I hope he makes the most of it because we need him to have more natural talent than Polumbus. Same goes for Huffer.

The DL has experience two deep or highly rated rookies so that OL should recieve a good test everyday and there we have iron sharpens iron once again. In all seriousness the line play(both) should be much improved and while that is very much my anticipation it will be nice to see confirmation this friday.

Edited by Ryan_2.0_WCO

Look Quinn can preach competition in PRACTICE all he wants, but the only way to really see who wants to play or has improved is to get them in a in-game scenario. So with that lets hold our judgement based off of TC hype until Friday

well there it is, the 14 year old has given his orders, hold your judgement until after preseason game one, because we all know THAT one is the one that's important

The OL is where I take the wait and see approach. They will need time to know what one another will do as they learn to work collectively. I hope young guys emerge at the back up tackles.

LT-Matthews, Huffer

LG-Person, Chester

OC-Hawley, Stone

RG-Asamoah, Chester

RT-Schraeder, Rodgers

Whether the LG is Person or Chester both have experience in ZBS and either provides good depth to whichever one wins LG. The back up tackles is where I am focused in pre season to see who is up next if anyone gets hurt. Rodgers has gotten some snaps and I hope he makes the most of it because we need him to have more natural talent than Polumbus. Same goes for Huffer.

The DL has experience two deep or highly rated rookies so that OL should recieve a good test everyday and there we have iron sharpens iron once again. In all seriousness the line play should be much improved and while that is very much my anticipation it will be nice to see confirmation this friday.

I know it's just been a week, but haven't most of the second string snaps at center gone to person, with stone playing guard? I've thought all along he may be the one they insert at LG, even last year before the hawley and konz injuries, his depth chart position was LG....

I do also realize though, that coach has made comments to the effect that the depth chart is really pretty much non existant until PS game three.....so there's that

I kinda get the feeling that the cross training that is going on right now is for onesies to find out which interior OL can back up both OG and OC(other is inactive) and twosies this gives everybody atleast some time with different guys so that if injury strikes you dont have two guys next to each other for the first time ever. More than a feeling I think I heard them say that(twosies) recently.

Edited by Ryan_2.0_WCO

well there it is, the 14 year old has given his orders, hold your judgement until after preseason game one, because we all know THAT one is the one that's important

Look man idk what your problem is with my youth and respecting what I gotta say, but I'm not spewing you BS.

This stuff (hype before our 1st preseason game) has been happening before I even got here. Last year we figured we'd kill with a huge front 4 cause of all the reports,the season before it was that SJax would be what we needed to fix the running game,and now this season we got this thread. Now I'm all for being optimistic, and more power to you if you are but at some point realism has to set in and you gotta face facts that this Falcons team won't be outstanding in every facet of the game.

And sure most of the optimism is definitely coming from the fact we now have Quinn instead of Smitty, but there is a whale of a difference as to what it's like practicing and actually playing in game and producing. So before you pop off another smart-@$$ age joke please actually read and comprehend.

Look man idk what your problem is with my youth and respecting what I gotta say, but I'm not spewing you BS.

This stuff (hype before our 1st preseason game) has been happening before I even got here. Last year we figured we'd kill with a huge front 4 cause of all the reports,the season before it was that SJax would be what we needed to fix the running game,and now this season we got this thread. Now I'm all for being optimistic, and more power to you if you are but at some point realism has to set in and you gotta face facts that this Falcons team won't be outstanding in every facet of the game.

And sure most of the optimism is definitely coming from the fact we now have Quinn instead of Smitty, but there is a whale of a difference as to what it's like practicing and actually playing in game and producing. So before you pop off another smart-@$$ age joke please actually read and comprehend.

Why are you trying impose your negativity on others? Let people have their positive vibes. Nothing wrong with being excited to have the start of a new season and all the changes that have been made.

Why are you trying impose your negativity on others? Let people have their positive vibes. Nothing wrong with being excited to have the start of a new season and all the changes that have been made.

Again I said I'm all for yall being optimistic, but don't say the sky is falling if they don't meet expectation.

I did read and comprehend it perfectly. You clearly told us all, based on all your years of wisdom, hold your judgement til after the first preseason game. I find that laughable, as well as your defensive rebuttal, because the only preseason game that means anything is the third one. All the rest of them are for "gelling", each player learning the guy next to them and coaches to evaluate. Learning the new scheme.....

The enthusiasm that comes with each new season, especially for those of us who have followed this team for more years than you've been alive, is normal and to be expected given this teams history. And this isn't the FIRST coaching change we've been through.........You can bank on the fact that any one of us who have followed this team, again for longer than you've been alive, knows full well that regardless of how great we thought the offseason was, anything and everything CAN and probably will happen. That's why I kid you about your age, you act as if you've had some great epiphany and have to share something with us we don't know........

So yeah, us old timers see a guy barely out of puberty advising us as to how to temper our expectations is in right outright down right laughable... Fact of life kid, no charge.

Now reach around there and pull that wad out, and smile.

Wait, has your voice changed yet? Or does it still crack at times right before you hyperventilate? BAHAHA.

OH another freebie for ya, don't worry, couple of years and you won't have that embarrassing "rise up" problem at the most inopportune times.

Edited by papachaz

Thanks.

Matthews vs Beasley

Trufant vs Julio

Even Worrilow facing Ryan and a complete back like Coleman.

When these guys face inferior talent they should dominate.

Also Hageman could be making our LG better than we realize.

It's worrilow facing the backs and Allen vs. Ryan. Great match ups. Ryan will def make Allen better in that chess match and prepare him for facing top qb's. I love the competition set up this year.

Alright bro, just remember this, Matt Ryan isn't the reason the Falcons were 1-4 in the playoffs under Smitty.

That is entirely debatable. In the NYG he absolutely was. But there is some critical turnovers he had that killed our momentum in playoff games. (Williams pick 6 vs GB and fumble vs Sam Fran) Is he the entire problem? Nope, but can some of the blame be put on him? Yes! But let's just drop it before this thread turns into another one of those threads....

Trufant vs Julio

Even Worrilow facing Ryan and a complete back like Coleman.

My good man, whilst I do stand in agreement with your first examples of the series, Sir Paul Worrilow need not sharpen any load of iron against a half back to increase his expertise. I must suggest that any serviceable tight end will do wonders to expose the points of pain across Sir Paul Worrilow's skill-set. In so mentioning, a Jacob Tamme or might I dare say Mr. Moeaki will provide a more bountiful exercise in mutual improvement for our Dear line backer.

I did read and comprehend it perfectly. You clearly told us all, based on all your years of wisdom, hold your judgement til after the first preseason game. I find that laughable, as well as your defensive rebuttal, because the only preseason game that means anything is the third one. All the rest of them are for "gelling", each player learning the guy next to them and coaches to evaluate. Learning the new scheme.....

The enthusiasm that comes with each new season, especially for those of us who have followed this team for more years than you've been alive, is normal and to be expected given this teams history. And this isn't the FIRST coaching change we've been through.........You can bank on the fact that any one of us who have followed this team, again for longer than you've been alive, knows full well that regardless of how great we thought the offseason was, anything and everything CAN and probably will happen. That's why I kid you about your age, you act as if you've had some great epiphany and have to share something with us we don't know........

So yeah, us old timers see a guy barely out of puberty advising us as to how to temper our expectations is in right outright down right laughable... Fact of life kid, no charge.

Wait, has your voice changed yet? Or does it still crack at times right before you hyperventilate? BAHAHA.

OH another freebie for ya, don't worry, couple of years and you won't have that embarrassing "rise up" problem at the most inopportune times.

That's the thing tho.... These aren't epiphanies.... All I'm doing is looking at our team compared to the team's we play and their talent and judging them to the most accurate point to which I can. Which as of right now is 9-7 and unless every crucial player on the teams we face gets injured I can't see it any different.

That's the thing tho.... These aren't epiphanies.... All I'm doing is looking at our team compared to the team's we play and their talent and judging them to the most accurate point to which I can. Which as of right now is 9-7 and unless every crucial player on the teams we face gets injured I can't see it any different.