Usa Today: Falcons Will Go 4-12

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the myth that we have to split wins with everyone in our division. They're all scrubs as far as this years concerned. I think we lose one but overall we control the division. We did it last year and we can do it again.

I'll take 11-5 anyway I can get it.

From the same guys predictions last year, actual record first, then his prediction:

jets, 10-6,4-12

bills, 9-7, 3-13

chiefs, 9-7, 4-12

cowboys, 12-4 ,3-13

bears, 5-11, 11-5

lions, 11-5, 4-12

saints, 7-9, 11-5

49ers, 8-8, 11-5

cards, 6-10,10-6

His prediction doesn't mean any more than the 16-0 or 4-12 predictions on this board.

To be fair, you could do this for pretty much everyone brave/stupid enough to make predictions of records.

To be fair, you could do this for pretty much everyone brave/stupid enough to make predictions of records.

Of course, Easterbrook does, or used to do, a bad predictions column every season, nobody got anywhere close to right. Just focused on this guy because it was the topic of the thread.

Wow..

Could you imagine? It just doesn't even seem possible.

That's actually what I predicted, for several reasons.

Most of the defenders with experience aren't very good.

Most of the defenders who are good (or probably good) don't have much if any NFL experience.

An injury-prone o-line with all the depth of a parking lot puddle.

A new West Coast Offense, that ofetn takes a year or so to master.

A new Zone Blocking Scheme which often takes a year or so to master.

A new defensive scheme that may take a year or so to unlearn bad habits and stupid Nolan-enforced reactions.

One great WR; one formerly great WR who still probably has dashes of greatness left; and then nothing proven as a receiver in the NFL.

Rookie Head Coach; he's never been responsible for running the whole show. He's never had to deal with clock management.

Is it POSSIBLE we have 10+ wins? Of course it's possible.

It is far FAR more PROBABLE that we will have 4-6 wins this season.

I'm reasonably ok with a season of growing pains. Other than a possible/probable disaster at o-line, I feel DQ has a clear vision, a clear blueprint on how to achieve that vision, and the charisma and leadership to put everyone on the same page: HIS page. I won't start expecting anything until 2016. I'm writing 2015 off like a bad credit card debt.

Edited by Oldskooler

Are we not even going to address the Saints serious decline in talent, as well as their locker room and FO issues, or the Panthers having possibly the worst OL in the league?

I love how no one mentions the huge decline in talent the Saints have had. I don't understand how their defense is going to be "improved" and their offense is no doubt worse than it was. This "writer" is an idiot. The Falcons and Saints should be flipped. The Saints are the team that should be more worried about going 4-12 than 10-6 than the Falcons.

FYI -

This is his 2014 prediction for the NFC South:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/02/2014-season-record-projections-playoffs-seahawks-colts/9767615/

Saints 11-5 (3): Rookie Brandin Cooks adds new layer of mayhem to offense, but undervalued D could also take Saints a long way.

Falcons 10-6: Their problems in pits have been addressed, but Julio Jones' health could determine playoff prospects.Panthers 7-9: They lost a lot of key bodies in free agency, which probably means a lot of lost ground in standings.Buccaneers 3-13: Big gamble that 2013 Josh McCown is real deal, and journeyman QB of previous 11 years is gone for good.

In 2013 I can't find his division breakdown, but he predicted the Falcons to win the division.

Which is inconsistent with this year's prediction. If he's taking off season additions and losses into account, such as he did with Carolina last year, he would've at a minimum, graded the Stains lower. Gritz was right, this guy isn't worth the effort.

I love how no one mentions the huge decline in talent the Saints have had. I don't understand how their defense is going to be "improved" and their offense is no doubt worse than it was. This "writer" is an idiot. The Falcons and Saints should be flipped. The Saints are the team that should be more worried about going 4-12 than 10-6 than the Falcons.

lol maybe he's basing everything off of qbr? ;) nudge nudge.

Sorry I had to. :) by the way you did raise a good point about qbr. Even tho Charlie Batch is CLEARLY an elite qb.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

I don't think we lose to the bucs this season.

I want to agree, but I can't help but go back to the good ol nfc south law of averages logic. We swept them. I fear we may be due for a single loss to them this year. Then again there's a lot changing in this division. They have a rookie qb and we have a new hc. I'm just excited to see how it plays out.