A Totally Serious Question For My Fellow Falcons Fans

it kind of relates in my mind to taking a fishing trip. all you can think about for weeks/months is the trip you've been planning. the closer it gets the more excited you are. it's going to be great.

it finally arrives, the first day you catch nothing, but blame the weather. second day nothing, and start to get worried. day three you land some small fish that you're not sure what it is, but the arrow is pointing up.

days 4 through 7 you catch nothing, have become covered in poison oak, and twist your ankle. the ride home you're beating yourself up about the money you've waisted and time spent.

but cant wait to do it again next year

No offense to other sports but football is the absolute best. Nobody does it better than the NFL. You don't need to have a ton of season games. In the NFL, each game is so much more important because you only have 16. You also don't need to play the same team 4-7 times in a playoff format to see who's better. One game to determine the winner = ultimate rush.

I love football. It definitely does something to me. The thing is, if I didn't follow the team throughout the offseason, I wouldn't be interested when fall came. For me, it's all about the building of the roster, the preparation, speculation, anticipation, and then seeing if it's all gonna pay off.

There is no off season. Thanks to the Information Superhighway, I learn more each year and my hopes are fed out bled based on what I see the team do between February and August. Right now, I'm pumped but I was also pumped for the draft and Quinn being hired. So I guess I get pumped for football when I want up every day but I get really hyped just at kickoff time of the first pre-season game, building up until our first loss during the regular season.

Get pumped when the real bullets start flying. Stay pumped til the final snap. Unless it's a 34-3 blow out in a win or go home game against the Panties. Usually one of the last guys on here wanting to win when we're eliminated from the playoffs and the tankers are running rampant. I never tank. Usually btch and moan all offseason about not winning a Lombardi and needing rest.