It Is Still Very Early But Dled And Polian Might Have Been Right.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that kid goes to the PS, he's gone... Rather put Dimarco on PS and keep Ward as the FB on roster...

No he wont be gone - lets not go crazy now. Folks said the same thing about Reedy last year. If anything he sits on the PS for a year and replace Tone next season since he on a one year deal... and that's still a big maybe.

Edited by FentayeJones

In Houston, Washington, and Cleveland he has always only had 3 RBs and 1 FB.

Right now Ward looks tickets for the practice squad, but you never know... I'd prefer to carry 4 RBs and only 2 QBs (Ryan and Renfree).

Why are Freeman, Coleman, and Smith all locks to make the active roster?

I am not hyping up a kid whose highlight reel looks to have had significant snaps in blowout losses when teams are in pass-protect mode, and Pac-10 defenses are pretty wimpy anyway. But still, if this kid outperforms any of the three backs, why not keep him and cut the slacker?

1) Antone Smith is 30, He is coming off a broken leg. He can't block. Yes, he showed the ability to take it to the house last year in a few game's stretch; but before that? And the first time in his pro career he sees extensive action, he goes down. Doesn't sound like a lock to me.

2) Freeman showed less blocking ability that even Smith last year. Is nothing more than adequate/average as a ball carrier. If Ward blows up defenders, runs with power and authority, then I can see a 4th rounder from the previous coaching staff sent packing.

3) Coleman is most likely of the three to be "uncuttable", but think about the statement that would send if he slacks off, gets passed up by Ward, and POOF! GONE!!!

Why are Freeman, Coleman, and Smith all locks to make the active roster?

I am not hyping up a kid whose highlight reel looks to have had significant snaps in blowout losses when teams are in pass-protect mode, and Pac-10 defenses are pretty wimpy anyway. But still, if this kid outperforms any of the three backs, why not keep him and cut the slacker?

1) Antone Smith is 30, He is coming off a broken leg. He can't block. Yes, he showed the ability to take it to the house last year in a few game's stretch; but before that? And the first time in his pro career he sees extensive action, he goes down. Doesn't sound like a lock to me.

2) Freeman showed less blocking ability that even Smith last year. Is nothing more than adequate/average as a ball carrier. If Ward blows up defenders, runs with power and authority, then I can see a 4th rounder from the previous coaching staff sent packing.

3) Coleman is most likely of the three to be "uncuttable", but think about the statement that would send if he slacks off, gets passed up by Ward, and POOF! GONE!!!

Coleman is easily the most cuttable as he was just an average big ten runner last year. when everyone including my grandmother could have run for over 1k.

With Freeman, Antone, and Coleman all locks to make roster I don't think he'll makes the 53 man roster. For another team to sign him then he will have to go straight to their active roster, so unless he dominates the preseason and puts his name on the map for other teams to see, he will probably go to the practice squad.

We had 4 Rbs on the roster last year.. Jackson, Rogers, smith & freeman

No he wont be gone - lets not go crazy now. Folks said the same thing about Reedy last year. If anything he sits on the PS for a year and replace Tone next season since he on a one year deal... and that's still a big maybe.

I laughed last year at all the posters that swore Reedy would get snatched up if we dared try and move him to the PS. It's funny how much some of these guys get pulled into the hype.

In Houston, Washington, and Cleveland he has always only had 3 RBs and 1 FB.

Right now Ward looks tickets for the practice squad, but you never know... I'd prefer to carry 4 RBs and only 2 QBs (Ryan and Renfree).

well dang. Even if he performs great I think he will be on PS. And I prefer to carry 2QBs too

I don't think this coaching staff are loyal to players the way Smith's crew was which is a great thing. Competition has been one of the themes of this camp. I don't know much about Ward but after watching that video I saw an extremely patient runner which could give him a serious chance.

now I get it...it is obvious why nobody can tackle this brotha - he has a white force field around him - when the tacklers touch the force field they just bounce off. Just another Whitey taken credit for the work of a black man.

Lol funny cause I know you