Tc Notes

Shredman

Rookie Impresses

Vic Beasley showing Great Explosion off the snap in Pads

Paving the Way

J Matthews continues to show next level tech , if he stays healthy look for him to have a Pro Bowl yr

Triple H

The Battle for the #3 WR is heating up bigtime, Hardy, Hankerson and Hester all have looked Great the first 3 days of Camp

Lockdown

D Trufant has locked down everything on the Left, Jones, White, whoever,The Left side is a no fly zone at the branch , Tru is on the verge of being in the Convo with Revis and Sherman as the top NFL Corner

Vision

D Freeman seems to have the Vision of a next level RB, he looks to be in the lead for the Starting RB spot with that Vision, add his quickness, Speed and Hands to the mix, gonna be hard for the rookie to make a push for the starting Job.

The Leg

M Bryant was Kicking 55yd FGs without breaking a sweat , at last count 4 of 4 from beyond 54

The General

M Ryan continues to Improve on the deep ball, he looks like he is getting in the groove with KS, But again , the entire left side is on lockdown when #21 is on the field....

The Trenches

2 of the expected starters are nicked up (schrader and chester) have not seen the vids from the padded line sessions yet, Only thing Certain is J Matthews is almost 100% and is looking like all we hoped he would be when we drafted him last yr....

from what I have saw, this is unlike any TC under Mike Smith, like Night and Day even, everything is fast, and its Loud, DQ seems to have his hands on the front 7 on D, almost every clip he is right there, even Running with the Unit, The D in day 3 already looks 10 fold better than what we have seen the last couple of yrs.....

feel free to post your teams notes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie Impresses

Vic Beasley showing Great Explosion off the snap in Pads

Paving the Way

J Matthews continues to show next level tech , if he stays healthy look for him to have a Pro Bowl yr

Triple H

The Battle for the #3 WR is heating up bigtime, Hardy, Hankerson and Hester all have looked Great the first 3 days of Camp

Lockdown

D Trufant has locked down everything on the Left, Jones, White, whoever,The Left side is a no fly zone at the branch , Tru is on the verge of being in the Convo with Revis and Sherman as the top NFL Corner

Vision

D Freeman seems to have the Vision of a next level RB, he looks to be in the lead for the Starting RB spot with that Vision, add his quickness, Speed and Hands to the mix, gonna be hard for the rookie to make a push for the starting Job.

The Leg

M Bryant was Kicking 55yd FGs without breaking a sweat , at last count 4 of 4 from beyond 54

The General

M Ryan continues to Improve on the deep ball, he looks like he is getting in the groove with KS, But again , the entire left side is on lockdown when #21 is on the field....

The Trenches

2 of the expected starters are nicked up (schrader and chester) have not seen the vids from the padded line sessions yet, Only thing Certain is J Matthews is almost 100% and is looking like all we hoped he would be when we drafted him last yr....

from what I have saw, this is unlike any TC under Mike Smith, like Night and Day even, everything is fast, and its Loud, DQ seems to have his hands on the front 7 on D, almost every clip he is right there, even Running with the Unit, The D in day 3 already looks 10 fold better than what we have seen the last couple of yrs.....

feel free to post your teams notes

I see you are already in full homer mode.

Sat. Practice Recap: First Day of Pads; Claiborne, RBs Stand Out
Saturday, August 01, 2015 9:12 PM CDT
448f8b73e3c3ed15ea4097fa8d1de3d6-75x75.j
By Rob Phillips

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys arrived in Oxnard back on Tuesday and hit the field Thursday and Friday for a couple of practices as well.

But for most of the players, real football didn’t actually begin until Saturday afternoon, when the team conducted its first full-padded practice.

For the big boys up front, that’s when things get fun.

“It felt great to come out here and bang a little bit,” second-year guard Zack Martin said. “It’s really football. Last couple of days were great to come out and get your legs underneath you, but this is where we find out where we’re going to be as a football team.”

Martin’s running mate Travis Frederick, the Cowboys’ third-year center, said he didn’t need to get in the pads for it to feel like football again.

“For me, training camp is about the hitting, but it’s about the team coming together,” Frederick said. “So that’s when training camp really hit for me. Now, it’s about football and hitting and getting the rust off.”

For head coach Jason Garrett, days such as Saturday are always a tough balance for coaches, who want the intensity to be high, but controlled to limit injuries.

“Certainly a day like today when you put the pads on it heats up a little bit,” Garrett said. “It’s real football for the first time we’ve been here. But again, we’re not going to tackle. We want to keep guys off the ground and we’re constantly talking to each of our guys about that. That’s when injuries occur. It’s a big, physical football game, everybody gets that, but there are good ways to practice and not so good ways to practice. We try to make everyone understand what we want.”

Quick Hits:

• As expected, quarterback Tony Romo returned to practice after missing Friday’s light session with a stye around his left eye. He targeted receiver Dez Bryant down the sideline several times in drills, including a completion against cornerback Orlando Scandrick in seven-on-seven work.
  • No surprise: Bryant’s energy was noticeable even when he wasn’t taking reps. He vocally supported each of his fellow receivers facing the defensive backs in one-on-one drills and was clear to point out defensive holding to the officials when necessary.
  • Linebacker Sean Lee worked on the resistance cords for much of practice as the Cowboys continue to ease him back into action following his return from last year’s ACL injury. “We’re just smart with the reps, how many reps he’s going to take,” defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said. “We’ve kind of monitored this whole thing out . . . we’ve got a plan for him.”
  • Kicker Dan Bailey was perfect on field goals between approximately 35 and 42 yards.
  • Lance Dunbar, Lucky Whitehead and Cole Beasley were in the punt return rotation. The Cowboys are looking for a replacement for Dwayne Harris, who signed with the Giants in the offseason.

Notable Standouts:

• Morris ClaiborneThe fourth-year corner announced his return to the practice field in a big, big way. It’s only been nine months since Claiborne tore his patellar tendon, but after an extensive rehab, he went through all but one session of Saturday’s practice – and he impressed. In the seven-on-seven period, he picked off Romo by jumping a post route. Several minutes later, he almost had another when he broke up a deep ball intended for Devin Street. It would have been a big day for a guy who was completely healthy – let alone someone who suffered a major injury less than a year ago.
  • The Running Backs – It’s hard to judge the running back spot, because the defense isn’t allowed to make real tackles during the scrimmage portions of practice. That said, both Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar looked good in their first looks of live action. Randle looks like an entirely different back once he gets into full pads. Dunbar made several eye-catching cuts that freed him up into the open field against the first-team defense. It has to be difficult for Darren McFadden to watch from the sideline.
  • DeMarcus LawrenceThere might not be a more interesting aspect of the first day of pads than on the offensive and defensive lines, where the big guys are finally allowed to make some contact. Tyron Smith did a phenomenal job of neutralizing Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory, but Lawrence made an impact from his new home at left end. In one-on-one pass rush drills, he put a nasty stutter-step on Doug Free and blazed past the veteran tackle for a “sack.”

Play of the Day:

On occasion, Garrett will select a few one-on-one matchups and call the team together to watch them. One of these designed pressure situations was Terrance Williams against Scandrick. Williams got a step on Scandrick down the right sideline and dove to deftly catch Romo’s ball, much to the delight of the fans lining the fence a few yards away.

wtf are you talking about.... i have said nothing that the entire NFL Press Core has not said....

where do you think i am getting my Info ????

Trufant hasnt even gotten to Patrick Peterson's level and you are calling him the equivalent to a top 3 corner in the league after 1 TC practice.

What am I saying, of course thats objective and in no way homerish.

Jason Peters, Trent Williams, and Tyron Smith are in if healthy.

Guess Shred has a bad short-term memory.

you better pray the Falcons are not good, because if they are, there will be no mercy from me , I will run you outa here.... thats a promise

you better pray the Falcons are not good, because if they are, there will be no mercy from me , I will run you outa here.... thats a promise

The fact that you are threatened by the truth says a lot about you.

Do you not know how hard it would be for Matthews to break through to the Pro Bowl in the NFC not to mention the NFL as a whole? There are 3 Pro Bowl LTs in the NFC East alone. Did you forget that?

Yet, how dare I bring this fact to your attention. This behavior is exactly why you are the biggest homer on this site.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4030174-training-camp-day-3-updates-thread/page-1

There are a ton of Twitter updates in there, from reporters and beat writers that Shred is getting his info. You won't read it of course, because it doesn't fit your Falcons suck narrative.

The great thing about it, is your opinions mean absolutely nothing. The Falcons will either have a good year or not, and what you think about it counts zero.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4030174-training-camp-day-3-updates-thread/page-1

There are a ton of Twitter updates in there, from reporters and beat writers that Shred is getting his info. You won't read it of course, because it doesn't fit your Falcons suck narrative.

The great thing about it, is your opinions mean absolutely nothing. The Falcons will either have a good year or not, and what you think about it counts zero.

Out of Shreds whole post I pointed out two things. Yet, somehow, Im saying the Falcons suck.

Im a Desmond Trufant fan, but to say (after 1 practice) that hes as good as Sherman and Revis is hyperbole and you know it. I dont care who is saying it.

Also, as Van pointed out, there are a lot of Pro Bowl LTs in the NFC, again, after one practice, you cant hype up a 2nd year left tackle and say he'll knock one of those guys out of the Pro Bowl.

Just because someone presents facts that dont support the hyperbole that is coming out of Falcons' TC doesnt mean they are attacking your precious team.

Dont be so sensitive.

This is why Im posting straight from DC.com. You can see that it is a writer saying it.

I wont have a single opinion until after the first preseason game, as every year.

The fact that you are threatened by the truth says a lot about you.

Do you not know how hard it would be for Matthews to break through to the Pro Bowl in the NFC not to mention the NFL as a whole? There are 3 Pro Bowl LTs in the NFC East alone. Did you forget that?

Yet, how dare I bring this fact to your attention. This behavior is exactly why you are the biggest homer on this site.

Yes, because everyone knows that the guys who make the probowl one year always are the same guys who make it the next year. Do you know anything, anything about football at all, or are you simply the vacuous waste of space that you seem to be?

It's been my experience on these boards that the first person to throw the homer tag around is usually the biggest one on the board. Nice to see that observation is holding strong.

Broaddus: Tyron Smith's Dominance, Strong DB Play Highlight 12 Thoughts
Sunday, August 02, 2015 12:53 PM CDT
broaddus-twitter-small.jpg?itok=tOq9Etoz
By Bryan Broaddus

Football Analyst/Scout

OXNARD, Calif. – At long last, the Cowboys have gone through a padded practice, so I’ve got some real points to discuss.

Here are my 12 biggest impressions from Saturday’s practice, as the Cowboys' gear up for another practice on Sunday afternoon.

1) Even though the rules have changed for how practices are conducted in the NFL, the first day the players can wear pads never gets old.

2) Tyron Smith had as dominant a day blocking in a practice as I had ever seen from an offensive lineman in a practice. It didn't matter who he was facing -- whether it was Greg Hardy or Randy Gregory -- his technique was flawless.

3) As well as Joseph Randle carried the ball during practice, he had better think twice about how he is going about his job in blitz pickup. There were two snaps where Barry Church hammered him back into Tony Romo that could have caused some issues. He was square in his technique but needs to be more firm.

4) As hard as Greg Hardy tried, Tyron Smith had his number. Where I believed that Hardy made his mistake is not trying to set Smith up on some inside rushes. When he went to the corner - Smith was there to cut him off. The problem for Hardy during this practice was that he tried to overpower Smith and that's just not going to happen. Round 1 to Tyron Smith.

5) Much of the talk from practice was the play of Morris Claiborne, and to a point it was justified. Claiborne spent the day rotating with Orlando Scandrick and Brandon Carr at both cornerback positions and looked comfortable in the snaps that he took. His diving interception of Romo was well timed and executed due to his position on Terrance Williams. Not to take anything away from Claiborne, but it wasn't Williams’ best route and Claiborne took advantage of it.

6) Thought it was a hit-and-miss day for Devin Street. He had a couple of nice snaps in the one-on-one period working against Scandrick, then he came back with a nice adjusting low catch along the sideline in 7-on-7 against Corey White. Later in that same period, he dropped a slant where I thought he left his feet for no reason while working against White. Then Claiborne had him so tied up on the jam that Street never located the ball -- which resulted in a near-interception for Romo.

7) If Terrell McClain continues to play with the intensity and quickness that he showed on Saturday, there is no question that he will be a major contributor on this defense. There were snaps where he was in the backfield at the snap of the ball. McClain was not feasting on backup offensive linemen, but working well against the first unit. His cross-face pass rush against Travis Frederick was executed perfectly and to the point where Frederick was left reaching for air.

8) As well as Morris Claiborne played in practice, I thought Tyler Patmon was even better. It really didn't matter if it was on the outside or out of the slot, Patmon was on his game. He was physical and aggressive. His positioning was outstanding and his ability to carry his man down the field was on point. His technique was well-played and there was no difficulty whatsoever. When coming out of zone, if the ball was caught in front of him, he was right there to make the tag off.

9) Tony Romo continues to be one of the best I've ever seen when it comes to holding defensive backs in place with his eyes. During 7-on-7 Romo, threw a deep ball down the left side when he was able to hold J.J. Wilcox toward the middle of the field, which allowed Dez Bryant to work his route against Orlando Scandrick. Wilcox really had no choice but to believe that Romo was going back the other way and had to honor that. By the time that Romo was coming back to Bryant, it was too late. Bryant managed to shake from Scandrick and track the flight of the ball right into his hands.

10) Saw a couple of nice flashes from DeMarcus Lawrence on his pass rush. I thought his best move was in the one-on-one compete drill where he put Doug Free in a bad spot with a nice hesitation rush. Lawrence started up the field and then paused for a second which got Free to pause, as well. Then, with a burst, he went around the corner which got Free off balance and not in position to finish the block.

11) I was impressed with what I saw from Lucky Whitehead and his work on Saturday as a receiver. His adjusting catch from Dustin Vaughan in team period was a thing of beauty. Whitehead was working away from Vaughan and had to turn his body in a way to put himself in position to grab the ball high above his head. Whitehead also had a nice day working out of the slot in the one-on-one period using his quickness to buy space.

12) Laurence Gibson playing right tackle had a very nice kick out block on Lavar Edwards that allowed Joseph Randle to break a nice run off in the team period. Gibson was able to knock Edwards to the ground and Randle read it perfectly -- planting off his right foot and cutting behind it to get him on the second level.

You've got to hope Dallas can continue to get the effort they got from the whole team they did last season.

If that "never say die" attitude remains this season, I have no doubt in my mind that Dallas is a contender.

I have no narrative to fit.

Falcons will be what they will be.

The same goes for Dallas.

My issue is the fact that shred posted no links to support what he says is being said by the media.

I believe the same standard should be held to all posters.

Right now everyone looks good imo.

They're still fresh. I'm more interested in these reports as camp moves forward and fatigue starts setting in a bit.

It's all Twitter stuff man, but if you really wants us to flood this board with pro falcons articles, we can. It will look like TATF in no time if we do...

It's all Twitter stuff man, but if you really wants us to flood this board with pro falcons articles, we can. It will look like TATF in no time if we do...

Thats why I only posted articles specifically about padded practice. All the other stuff is just fodder.

Today was a padded practice.

Ok, I was just stating that if I posted every little thing coming out of Dallas' TC it would be too much.

I was agreeing with you...a55

do i really need links for my News ????

my News ????

not my opinion, but my NFL News ???

Me ??????

lmao

Yes...yes you do.

**** yeah.

Who da **** you think you are.

i am the guy who dont post BS News, never have..........

the guy who has never had an alt

the guys who has broke news here time and time again ,

the guys who has never once had to say,,, oh my bad when posting an NFL Story

a guy who has been here for yrs , homer or Not ,a guy who deserves some respect from your dumb azz....

thats who I think I am....

am i wrong ????