Quinn Excited About Injured Players Return

hjerry

The Falcons wrapped up the second day of XFINITY® Training Camp in front of a large crowd of fans Saturday morning.

Although the team will not be in full-pads until Monday’s practice, head coach Dan Quinn showed excitement about what he has seen thus far.

While implementing a new high-tempo practice style, the energetic coach puts his players in different situations that allows him to make specific evaluations.

When asked who the biggest surprise of camp has been, Quinn didn’t just mention one or two names. Instead, he changed the format of the question to key-in on a group of people that he was excited to see out on the practice fields.

“I think it’s great to have some of the guys who have been injured so not necessarily a surprise, but, it’s so nice to see Jake Matthewsicon-article-link.gif, Joe Hawleyicon-article-link.gif, Pete Konz andBrooks Reedicon-article-link.gif and some of the guys who missed such a big portion of our OTA’s,” Quinn said. “To have some of those guys back and playing, I knew how good some of those guys were from watching tape, but I didn’t have a chance to be out on the field with them. So, I think the biggest surprise is not necessarily a surprise, but having some of back.”

If he beats out *anybody*, a lot of people will probably be struck by lightning. So we should all be on lightning watch. And keeping an eye out for he11 freezing over too.

We'll see, I'm not sure he's as far behind other guys at this position as a lot of people would believe, especially with the scheme switch.

The only reason why he said it was nice to see those players on the field is because he was tired of them sitting on their assess all off season.

I pray with all my heart to see Hawley win the starting job, Konz the backup C/G spot, and Stone sent packing. I just want to sit back and enjoy your melt.