Do You Really Care Who Is Starting Center?

Jigglypuff

Who cares? You?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Care who is Starting Center?

• Yes I care and if it isn't Joe Hawley I will be disappointed
    • No I don't care who it is between Stone and Hawley, either one is good
    • Yes if it isn't James Stone then I am disappointed but not shocked
    • May the best man win! (this choice is for the nonbiased supporters)

I see people bashing Stone all the time even though he played for most of last season at center and did a good job. I think most people are just poking the bear and don't really have a love for Hawley. But we do know Hawley does a decent job too. It's not like either one is a garbage player like other linemen we know about.

Edited by George Washington Worrylow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We aslo know Ozzie Newsome was trying to sign Hawley when they were in need of a starting center. Thank goodness the Falcons didnt let him get away, he's perfect for our ZBS and he's a heII of a lot better than Stone is. Stone is a fine backup, don't get me wrong, but if you think Ozzie Newsome would make a move to sign Stone as the starting C for the Ravens you are out of your minds.

We aslo know Ozzie Newsome was trying to sign Hawley when they were in need of a starting center. Thank goodness the Falcons didnt let him get away, he's perfect for our ZBS and he's a heII of a lot better than Stone is. Stone is a fine backup, don't get me wrong, but if you think Ozzie Newsome would make a move to sign Stone as the starting C for the Ravens you are out of your minds.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the two of us agreeing on the center...emot-rant.gif

I wonder if ant is just an alias for R, sure does follow him around and support him a lot................

I wonder if I'm just bored because it's so hot outside and I don't wanna get off the couch under the A/C vent........

yeah, that's a big part of it.

oh, I voted Hawley, because in MY opinion he's our best option, BUT I am totally on board with the thought that this staff will choose who they think is best and put that guy there. I'll cheer for whomever is out there, I don't have any hatred for stone, I just don't think he's as good as Hawley. But just like R and Ant, my opinion really doesn't matter. Difference is, I have enough about me to know that. and I enjoy giving didz crap about his love for some stone......

I see people bashing Stone all the time even though he played for most of last season at center and did a good job. I think most people are just poking the bear and don't really have a love for Hawley. But we do know Harley does a decent job too. It's not like either one is a garbage player like other linemen we know about.

Very valid points man. I just want the best man to win the job. That simple. I don't have a preferred horse in this race. I will say that Hawley brings a little more attitude to the squad. He has those intangibles and confidence is an enormously important quality in football. Stone is definitely likable too tho. I think Stone can be a pretty darn serviceable center in this league going forward. Ultimately I'm just happy that there IS a debate, as this is not a bad problem to have by any stretch.

I wonder if ant is just an alias for R, sure does follow him around and support him a lot................

I wonder if I'm just bored because it's so hot outside and I don't wanna get off the couch under the A/C vent........

yeah, that's a big part of it.

oh, I voted Hawley, because in MY opinion he's our best option, BUT I am totally on board with the thought that this staff will choose who they think is best and put that guy there. I'll cheer for whomever is out there, I don't have any hatred for stone, I just don't think he's as good as Hawley. But just like R and Ant, my opinion really doesn't matter. Difference is, I have enough about me to know that. and I enjoy giving didz crap about his love for some stone......

No I just watch the games and go off what I see I don't know how you all anointed hawley so great. I've been a board member for a long time

I can't believe the biggest political squabble on Taft is at Center.

QB? No

WR? No

CB? Nah it's all good

C? YOU BET. HEADS WILL ROLL

It's only because of one poster. In the decade plus I've posted here, I've never seen a poster obsessed with a backup offensive lineman like he is.

It's ok that he likes him so much, but it's definitely odd.

It's only because of one poster. In the decade plus I've posted here, I've never seen a poster obsessed with a backup offensive lineman like he is.

It's ok that he likes him so much, but it's definitely odd.

No I agree. I doesn't bother me at all. It intrigues me honestly. I just don't understand exactly why he has so much interest in a backup center, of all players. But everybody deserves their own opinions.

Edited by likeriver