Mike Scott Arrested

jayu70

HOMER - An Atlanta Hawks player faces felony drug charges after the vehicle he was riding in ran from Banks County deputies about 9 a.m. Thursday.

Hawks forward James Michael "Mike" Scott, 27, of Smyrna was the passenger in a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe that failed to yield to officers on Interstate 85

Banks County Sheriff's Sgt. Carissa McFaddin said deputies attempted to stop the vehicle after noticing the driver following too close to other vehicles.

"As deputies attempted to make the traffic stop, the driver sped up to 98 mph and failed to stop," McFaddin said. "The driver continued for two miles and finally stopped near mile marker 156."

McFaddin said deputies made contact with the driver, 20-year-old Antonn Imhotep Scott of Acworth, and his passenger, James Michael Scott.

"The occupants advised that they did have marijuana in the vehicle," McFaddin said. "Deputies located over an ounce of Marijuana in the vehicle along with approximately 10.9 grams of MDMA, known as 'Molly'."

Both suspects were arrested and transported to Banks County Sheriffs Office Law Enforcement Center.

Antonn Imhotep Scott was charged with fleeing and attempting to elude law enforcement officers, following too closely, felony possession of marijuana, and possession of Schedule I drug.

James Michael Scott was charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of Schedule I drug.

Legally this is a whole different can of worms. Heck it may not even be up to Bud.

That's true just saying both are bad neither in my mind is worse than the other, but if Bud kicked him off the team my only thing it'd be a double standard in my mind. Now it might not matter in long run to most just one of those things just wanted to bring up.

• 3 months later...

Mike Scott seems to be getting more playing time the last few games and playing better.

He had seemingly been in Coach Bud's dog house last season and I'm sure the shennannigans over the summer did not help.

So I wonder what was going on with him? Maybe just the back? Maybe something personal?

Hope he continues to move forward. He could be a huge asset. When he gets going . . . he's incredible.