India Will Become The World’S Most Populous Country By 2022, The U.n. Says

Worlds Largest Nation

India is on track to become the world’s most populous nation in less than a decade — or six years earlier than previously thought, according to the U.N.

With 1.38 billion people compared with India’s 1.31 billion, China is currently the world’s most populous country. Figures for both countries are expected to swell to around 1.4 billion by 2022, at which point India’s population is likely to expand beyond China’s.

At the end of the next decade, in 2030, India is projected to have 1.5 billion people, a figure that’s forecast to balloon to 1.7 billion by 2050.

China’s population, on the other hand, is forecast to remain relatively stable until the 2030s, at which point the U.N. says it is likely to “slightly decrease.”

In a forecast published two years ago, India had been expected to overtake China around the year 2028.

The projections from the population division of the U.N.’s economic and social affairs unit were published in a new report that also forecast an expansion in the world’s overall population to 8.5 billion by 2030.

By the middle of the century, there are likely to be as many as 9.7 billion people worldwide, with six of the 10 largest countries — India, China, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan and the U.S. — expected to have populations exceeding 300 million people.

“While the global projections should not be cause for alarm, we must recognize that the concentration of population growth in the poorest countries presents a distinct set of challenges, making it more difficult to eradicate poverty and inequality, to combat hunger and malnutrition, and to expand educational enrollment and health systems,” John Wilmoth, who heads the U.N. division that produced the report, told the Associated Press.

India’s population is not growing the fastest, however, with Nigeria growing at such a rapid pace that it is expected to have more people than the U.S. by 2050, at which point it is likely to become the third most populous country in the world.

Wow, that's a LOT of people! The strain on life sustaining resources is gonna be tremendous. Somehow, I just don't think this bodes well, but I ain't no prophet.shrug.001.gif

You rarely, if ever, see pregnant Indian women from what I have noticed. Most of my friends are Indian(probably because most people think I am indian), but I have hardly ever seen a woman pregnant. Its like they go under ground when they start to show or somethinglaugh.png

Edited by Forever Julian

Yo I ate Indian for lunch today, first time in a long time, and it was delishits. Had some goat and some chickens and a lot of spicy vegetable dishes with okra and chickpeas and sweet potatoes and ****. Drank some weird Indian cola called Thumbi or sumshit.

It was a buffet-type setup and I couldn't even finish a 2nd plate. Indian food filling as a ***********. Those guys gonna be alright.

You rarely, if ever, see pregnant Indian women from what I have noticed. Most of my friends are Indian(probably because most people think I am indian), but I have hardly ever seen a woman pregnant. Its like they go under ground when they start to show or somethinglaugh.png

Holy ****... Thats so true lol

They're already importing water in some areas due to the amount of pollution in the rivers and if the hoses hit the ground then it contaminates the water supply because people don't use toilets in that country. I can't imagine adding even more people to that situation will lead to anything positive.

They're already importing water in some areas due to the amount of pollution in the rivers and if the hoses hit the ground then it contaminates the water supply because people don't use toilets in that country. I can't imagine adding even more people to that situation will lead to anything positive.

Saw a short documentary on VICE on the living conditions there for the poor. It wasn't that they won't use toilets, it's the fact they are not being built, so people go where ever they are.

I've been to India. Some areas are modern but right next door you can have the worst slums you've ever seen. People living in make shift shanties.

I never ventured into those areas but I've been told there are literally rivers of s*** and pizz in the poor areas. Sewage flows through the street.

That's what they showed on VICE, modern buildings and in the shadows of those buildings shanty towns everywhere.

Saw a short documentary on VICE on the living conditions there for the poor. It wasn't that they won't use toilets, it's the fact they are not being built, so people go where ever they are.

A lot of it is cultural too I think. Even in the middle east the maids(from the subcontinent) would have a spot where they would go hidden outside. They won't use the bathroom if you offer it to them, and if you insist they think you are trying to be sexual with them.

Countries which don't seem able to control their population should suffer dire economic sanctions. Overpopulation seems like a much more real danger for this planet sake than a nuclear Armageddon...

The average Indian isn't using up the earth resources though.

With industrialization, and more use of resources, they will have less kids.