Is There Anyway Tevin Coleman Doesn't Start Game 1?

THE ICEMAN

Blocking and Injury free will be big for Coleman.

I think it will be tough for him alo as I think Freeman offers more versatility with his pass catching also.Pass Pro is big though that normally dictates who gets the nod.

guy also ran for 1200 of those 2000+ yards last season on a broken foot

Too many of you all have fallen in love with Tevin Coleman's size and speed. I understand that those measureables are irresistible but you shouldn't hand over the rushing reigns over to him just because. Freeman is a determined individual, don't underestimate this man's heart and ability. He wants to be great and he has a year of experience. I can't wait to see him on the field. I think he will be the most improved player this year...

Freeman has 4.5 speed. Same type of speed Shady McCoy has

McCoy though is much much much more elusive than Freeman and mcCoy doesn't really show great strait line speed Like Smith did last year plus freeman running style is more power based than elusive.

freeman is actually very simular to Rodgers he has some elusiveness but isn't anywhere near elite he probably is faster than rodgers was and runs with good power and is a little bigger but coleman is much bigger was very productive in college and ran in the 4.3's at his proday then factor in his fit in the scheme it may be a toes up early on but he should take control very quickly because freeman skill set wise really isn't even close still shocked colemen fell as far as he did.

if you read up on coleman and what he did and played threw as a freshmen and what he played threw last year i think for one his work ethic is really rivaled by none including freeman and he has the skill set to be very good if not great freeman has a good skill set but its that of just a solid serviceable back like pierre thomas he'd probably would be better than anything we've had sense turner but i think Coleman is set to have a great start he really landed on the perfect team and the scheme fits him perfect right now.

still kind of shocked how high some are on freeman after he less than stellar rookie season under 500 yards and under 4 yards a carry not all that good Coleman would have been close to 5 even in that offense look what smith did freeman just doesn't bring that element and if the OL is so so again he will struggle to have much impact were coleman can take a bad day and make it look good with one run kind of what turner did( complenty didderent sytles but tuner never had great number early in a game he would wear them down and start to pile the numbers up late in the games) coleman could had 15 carries for 45 yards and 1 40 yard run makes is a good overall day

Too many of you all have fallen in love with Tevin Coleman's size and speed. I understand that those measureables are irresistible but you shouldn't hand over the rushing reigns over to him just because. Freeman is a determined individual, don't underestimate this man's heart and ability. He wants to be great and he has a year of experience. I can't wait to see him on the field. I think he will be the most improved player this year...

you need to read up on coleman just last year he played with a broken foot for much of the season

both are great workers but skill set wise Coleman is really on a different level

funny thing is its really wide open neither guy is proven and freeman is coming off and less than stellar rookie year

i just think coleman skill wise is simular to smith and he had a much much bigger impact than freeman he's also durable so i think they will be a solid combo but how do you take a guy off the feild like coleman if he's a threat to score every time he touches it its like taking julio off to reduces some of his snaps and not over work him having a 1-2 punch is good but i see colemen taking 60-70 percent of those snaps.

Edited by THE ICEMAN

you need to read up on coleman just last year he played with a broken foot for much of the season

both are great workers but skill set wise Coleman is really on a different level

funny thing is its really wide open neither guy is proven and freeman is coming off and less than stellar rookie year

i just think coleman skill wise is simular to smith and he had a much much bigger impact than freeman he's also durable so i think they will be a solid combo but how do you take a guy off the feild like coleman if he's a threat to score every time he touches it its like taking julio off to reduces some of his snaps and not over work him having a 1-2 punch is good but i see colemen taking 60-70 percent of those snaps.

OK if we actually see him get a few 60 yard runs against NFL competition before we crown him starter?

not to question freemans heart or work ethic but coleman has actually played threw a major injury and showed great work ehtic at the college level

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2411050-tevin-colemans-1200-yards-of-pain-breaking-records-with-a-broken-foot

OK if we actually see him get a few 60 yard runs against NFL competition before we crown him starter?

thats cool but what has freeman done the be called the starter? his rookie year wasn't great not even good would rather have a guy in that at least brings game breaking threat to the game or a guy thats know for running hard i'll take the guy with speed because speed changes the game and how defenses have to play them

thats cool but what has freeman done the be called the starter? his rookie year wasn't great not even good would rather have a guy in that at least brings game breaking threat to the game or a guy thats know for running hard i'll take the guy with speed because speed changes the game and how defenses have to play them

Freeman didn't even really play his rookie year, so saying he wasn't that good is not warranted. What little he did play he definitely showed flashes of being good though. Criticize all you want, but at least be fair about it.

ok sooooo you take CJ2K and I'll get Marshawn!!

Better yet you get Vick, CJ2K, the fastest o-line you can find and the fastest defensive players you can

I'll grab Brady, Lynch, Cowboys o line, and Seattle's D

ok sooooo you take CJ2K and I'll get Marshawn!!

Better yet you get Vick, CJ2K, the fastest o-line you can find and the fastest defensive players you can

I'll grab Brady, Lynch, Cowboys o line, and Seattle's D

if freeman was Marshawn then it wouldn't be a competition

but i guess you haven't seen how fast seattles defense plays how fast the pats run offensive plays either speed is something you can't teach and thats why teams covet it

the speed that smith showed last year what separates Julio from dez and AJ its his speed and athleticism Jones is the only WR in football that can beat you in all the aspects of the game he can play big he can play elusive he can play with speed (taking a slant and taking it to the house)

Coleman has more upside plus his was way way way more productive even playing threw injuries not sure what makes freeman so special he's a solid back its not like im the only one that think coleman is going to have a big year. We all though the same thing with Rodgers how did that turn out.( i do think freeman is going to be a solid number 2 guy though seeing about 100 touches with colemen seeing close to 200 if he stays healthy)

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tevin-coleman-called-a-potential-boom-pick-heading-into-2015-070715

We Need Preseason Bad

Thankfully camp starts in a few days! FOOTBALL IS ALMOST BACK!

hahahaha

yea finally ready to see these guys in some pads and some preseason games lets just hope they all make it threw the preseason injury free

but that is something quinn will do he's going to let these guys compete and not just hand over a starting gig to anyone that doesn't warrant it

im actually more stoked about the defense they added a lot of intriguing peaces and Hageman looks like he put in work this past offenseason

Truthfully it'll probably be a committee structure this season. I think on the whole, however, Coleman will outperform Freeman, especially as the season progresses.

more than likely what happens

but the great thing about quinn is if coleman or freeman for that matter is that much better he will get the carries something smith never would have done and relied no vets well past there prime Marshawn getting 75% of the carries in seattle so i don't think the committee thing is a must and Morris in wasington got most of the carries as well if either guy stands out they could end up with a huge chunk of the touches