Training Camp Fullback Battle Collin Mooney / Patrick Dimarco

*TMo*

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the fullback roster spot?

• Collin Mooney
    • Patrick DiMarco

Well, I may be wrong but I believe that Dimarco stays the starter on this team and I believe he's the better of the two. I was impressed with his strength, I believe that Quinn will use that strength in he Running Game to block for Free and Cole, and blocking for Ryan in the passing game. He's a huge pile of Muscle and strength and knows how to use it.

We have seen Dimarco whiff on lead block after lead block, pick the wrong guy in the hole. Was SJ washed? YES! Should have still gotten more 1st downs with a FB who actually blocks the guy who is the real threat? Yes! FB's and OG's often find that a stunt, blown assignment by another player, a blitz or even a pancake by another guy "changes" the blocking assignments on the run. The elite blockers have that "it" they know which guys their RB can handle, which guy would tackle him for a loss and even when to go to the second level because the first level is sealed. Dimarco consistently misread or flat out blew blocks... and those hands of stone? Mooney please!

Well, I may be wrong but I believe that Dimarco stays the starter on this team and I believe he's the better of the two. I was impressed with his strength, I believe that Quinn will use that strength in he Running Game to block for Free and Cole, and blocking for Ryan in the passing game. He's a huge pile of Muscle and strength and knows how to use it.

You and I are probably the only ones on TATF who think Dim wins the job.

We have seen Dimarco whiff on lead block after lead block, pick the wrong guy in the hole. Was SJ washed? YES! Should have still gotten more 1st downs with a FB who actually blocks the guy who is the real threat? Yes! FB's and OG's often find that a stunt, blown assignment by another player, a blitz or even a pancake by another guy "changes" the blocking assignments on the run. The elite blockers have that "it" they know which guys their RB can handle, which guy would tackle him for a loss and even when to go to the second level because the first level is sealed. Dimarco consistently misread or flat out blew blocks... and those hands of stone? Mooney please!

This makes me miss Ovie so **** much. He had it.

But what makes you think a guy who wasn't signed all last season has that it factor?