Love Not Having Facebook

Month ago we had all the drama over the confederate flag. And a lot of racist people showed their true colors. So I deleted them thinking it would fix the "drama" problem of seeing it on my timeline so much. Well l I deleted 60 people. And it helped some.

A couple days ago the "drama" was still going strong with the rest of people I had. So I decided to get rid of Facebook all together.

And let me just say, I am so freaking happy. Sure it sucks for my photography marketing. But I'll take a loss any day to not see drama. I literally had one out of three people crying. Some were just complainers, some white racist, some black racist.

Anyhow, if you think the world is negative. If you find yourself in drama. If you find yourself getting upset over time. Or if you are just feeling mad a lot.... Then get rid of the high-school drama and delete your facebook. Give that a try first.

Also it helps with realizing that there is other people in the house that live with you. Helps being able to socialize in public. Because I didn't realize how much my face was in my phone. I was in my phone during lunch, dinner, driving, riding, concerts, travel, vacation, sleeping etc etc. And I rarely got to enjoy what I was actually doing...... Sucks seeing a awesome waterfall and the first thing on your mind is, "omg I have to show my Facebook friends and get some likes".

So if you are on Facebook. Do yourself a favor and delete it for a week and see how much better of a person you can be.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very pleased to say that I never got that crap. I never even seriously considered it despite being invited to and urged to join on several occasions. Some people gave me that astonished, "you're not on FB" look. I spared them the look of my reciprocal sentiment.

I have thought several times about responding to all the Heritage Not Hate folks but then I thought ehhhhhh...

That's is what made me leave. Is because I finally gave in to it. I tried showing history and how some people are racist consciously/subconsciously...... But at the end of it they could care less on what I said. They were going to stay being racist bigots/drama/crying etc etc.

So bye bye to all that junk

I am very pleased to say that I never got that crap. I never even seriously considered it despite being invited to and urged to join on several occasions. Some people gave me that astonished, "you're not on FB" look. I spared them the look of my reciprocal sentiment.

should have responded with, "correct and I know that other people live with me, like my wife and kids and I'm involved socially with them.... Yada Yada Yada"

I got rid of mine at the beginning of the year I've had those moments where I did get off and then on, but it wasn't until lately that I just stopped having that. Best feeling ever.

Same way when I gave up cable 80% of T.V is BS make that 90% my God.

Also you realize how much time is wasted with these things.

I do have facebook, might as well not have it because I am so rarely post on there and I don't think I've made a single post there. Really got it because my kids like to post pics of the grandkids there.

Yeah....that's why I have facebook....It's a very easy way to share photos with your family that is out of town. Email sucks compared to facebook.

It's also a good place to find old friends.

Funny place to put this, in the anti-facebook thread, but if anyone is interested in friending me on facebook........

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.carter.7547

I got rid of mine at the beginning of the year I've had those moments where I did get off and then on, but it wasn't until lately that I just stopped having that. Best feeling ever.

Same way when I gave up cable 80% of T.V is BS make that 90% my God.

Also you realize how much time is wasted with these things.

I'm getting really close to cutting my cable and just using HBONOW, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. I never watch TV anymore, especially now that I have 100% stopped watching baseball. I can catch the Falcons games at a friend's place or at Chili's, and I'm probably not going to want to watch the Gators for a few years anyways.

Fibonacci (love that name btw): It's not that Facebook is bad or is a waste of time. It's that people using it are so immature and much more!

I heard recently about some people that never actually talk to each other in person, not even on the phone, somehow started some foolish argument on Facebook for all the world to see. And talk and laugh about!

also btw, I gave up my Facebook years ago.

should have responded with, "correct and I know that other people live with me, like my wife and kids and I'm involved socially with them.... Yada Yada Yada"

I'm not embellishing when I say that those people ( the ones who were astonished that I wasn't on FB, most of whom were people I didn't know) appeared to me as they didn't actually know much about human interaction.

I denied my kids from joining too. They wanted to join because so many others were. I insisted that if they really wanted to be 'friends' with a particular person the interaction should be ideally face to face and at a minimum via voice. I told them that they could join once they were adults if they still felt that they had to be on. As time went by they heard about fights and harassment and realized they weren't missing anything.

I'm getting really close to cutting my cable and just using HBONOW, Netflix, and Hulu Plus. I never watch TV anymore, especially now that I have 100% stopped watching baseball. I can catch the Falcons games at a friend's place or at Chili's, and I'm probably not going to want to watch the Gators for a few years anyways.

my only thing is news and watching football. if there was a way to do that, I would be done with cable as well.

Guest Regular Guy

Yeah....that's why I have facebook....It's a very easy way to share photos with your family that is out of town. Email sucks compared to facebook.

It's also a good place to find old friends.

Funny place to put this, in the anti-facebook thread, but if anyone is interested in friending me on facebook........

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.carter.7547

Jeff? I thought your name was FLIP! tongue.png

You look like a bearded Val Kilmer. You should call yourself "Iceman" based on that alone, lol. I didn't know you lived in Scottsboro, I was at Goose Pond Colony last October with some friends, nice place!

Fibonacci (love that name btw): It's not that Facebook is bad or is a waste of time. It's that people using it are so immature and much more! I heard recently about some people that never actually talk to each other in person, not even on the phone, somehow started some foolish argument on Facebook for all the world to see. And talk and laugh about! also btw, I gave up my Facebook years ago.

it really is a ton of drama along with people posting random stuff. example: "hey look my millionth recipe for a cake (yet they never bake the cake.) or. Repost this if you love GOD. or. I love my wife so much (10 times a day)." What makes them think that people actually like seeing that kind of stuff? I could see if you sent it to a certain person like, "hey check out this cake we can make for the neighborhood watch metting" or "check out this scripture in the bible". but to show it to everyone thinking they care????

So if it's not drama, then it is clutter. and if it is neither, then it's rarely rarely someone who actually gives two craps of who you are.

plus it trips me out some people have 100 friends. 200, 1000, 5000, etc etc. yet you'll catch them saying, "I'm bored, who wants to go catch a game tonight with me?" and you end up hearing crickets to those post.

it also tripped me out how some people never post talking to you, yet they go on a rant if you do not talk to them. bwahahaha.... lame.

but I cannot say anything. I would scratch my head wondering how I have 200 people, yet only my mom, wife, couple photographers I worked with and a couple friends before facebook, actually wrote comments and like my stuff. all the other 190 friends on my list rarely liked/commented on my stuff. (and this is how it is with every single user. 5% or less of their friend list actually talks to them...... and then I would get involved in drama. start drama at times (hey hey just being honest). get involved with stuff I had no business dealing with....... and then when I got involved with the whole flag stuff, that is when I knew I was going down a rabbit hole that I never wanted to be in.

also thanks for liking the name. I love numbers. and love how Fibonacci sequence is in everything. (also I used be a enrolled agent with taxes. and my wife is still in taxes and about to finally become a CPA.).

I knew from the start it would not be a good thing because there will always a few knuckleheads in the crowd that would ruin it for most people. Of course sharing your every thought or picture like what you just ate at a restaurant, who gives a flying...I have told my family I do not want them posting where we are or what we are doing because I do not want anyone cleaning out the estate!

exactly. I told my wife not to post anything on where our house is. because she actually has a true pyscho cousin. the cousin is very well known for going to peoples houses and she has done some messed up things.... so yep, that reason alone is why I would not post where I was at.

yet looking back at it, I would post when I was going on vacation..... and that really lets someone know when to rob you (if they know where you live).

another thing is I laugh at people who say there is cameras in our TV, computer etc etc that the government put there. people do not realize they put all their stuff right on facebook for the government to view if they needed to. LOL