The Revenant Teaser Trailer Looks Allsome. Leo Dicap And Tom Hardy

That trailer leaves me asking WTH is that about???

Yep. It's a nice throwback to the days when Hollywood actually knew how to do trailers. Give you just enough to have you wanting to go see the movie.

Nowadays trailers basically give you every high note of the movie with some blaring horn orchestral music and they will inevitably spoil the biggest twist in the movie like the new Terminator trailer did.

This is probably the best trailer in the past 10 years.

Edited by The Shotfather

Reading up a little on this movie- the entire thing was filmed using natural lighting. Every single scene is lit by sunlight or firelight. I'm sure a bunch of movies have been filmed this way, but apparently it's basically unheard of in today's movies.

Judging on the trailer alone it looks like it could be visually brilliant. I got goosebumps during the last horse chase scene of the trailer. Just gorgeous and intense camera work. Someone who actually knows how to do "shaky cam" for a change.

Reading up a little on this movie- the entire thing was filmed using natural lighting. Every single scene is lit by sunlight or firelight. I'm sure a bunch of movies have been filmed this way, but apparently it's basically unheard of in today's movies.

Judging on the trailer alone it looks like it could be visually brilliant. I got goosebumps during the last horse chase scene of the trailer. Just gorgeous and intense camera work. Someone who actually knows how to do "shaky cam" for a change.

Agreed the lighting and the camera work are the 2 things that seemed to really work in the trailer. There were a couple of places where I wondered if they were having a religious experience. Then the last scene even though he turned and shot someone I got the impression every one was fleeing from something else. Which leaves me wondering WTH it was about.

I hate bears. Terrified of the f******, my most unreasonably reasonable fear.

Advice if charged in the wild by a predator:

Mountain Lion:

Raise your arms or hold a jacket or backpack over your head to make yourself look bigger. Act like a predator yourself, try to scare it away.

Wolf:

Remember that there are probably more that you do not see, make yourself appear as large as possible, yell and throw rocks

Coyote:

Basically the same as the wolf

Grizzly Bear:

Play dead

Lie face down on the ground with your hands around the back of your neck. (They literally advise you to try and protect your neck while the bear chews on your exposed body)

Don't run, these big tubs of carnivorous evil can top 30 MPH

I'm not saying I could beat a cougar or a wolf, but at least I would have a fighting chance. A bear attacks, and the advice is to essentially kiss your *** goodbye.

Yea Hugh Glass was freaking badass

I wonder about the 30 mph thing.

Is that like the speed of the Usain bolt bear? Or is that just the average?

Certain humans can catch you, but if you meet my aunt Ida in the wild you can make yourself a sandwhich for the road before you have to start running.

That old joke about the only way of outrunning a bear is by running faster than the person you're with? Yeah, that's not a joke, that's just good life advice.

This grizzly bear was caught on video running at full speed, which can be as fast as 35Mph, in a national park in Wyoming, USA. By comparison, Usain Bolt's top speed is 27Mph. So yeah, if you get chased in real life, you're pretty screwed.

If you're anything like us, you'll panic just a little when you see how this grizzly responds to the realization he's being followed (we thought the video was about to go all Jurassic Park).

This SOB stops on a DIME and does 180.

http://youtu.be/mlvvR3XKUxI