Add Outkast To Stone Mountain

Willy Mo

Earlier this week, Atlanta's chapter of the NAACP called for the obliteration — by whatever means necessary — of a giant carving which depicts three Confederate leaders and resides on Georgia's Stone Mountain.

One Atlanta resident, or ATLien rather, recognizes that it may be somewhat impractical to completely demolish the 90-by-190 foot tall relief, which is both a significant marker of history and an impressive work of art. So instead, artist Mack Williams started a MoveOn.org petition, in which he suggests adding depictions of the members of Outkast, the much-loved Atlanta hip-hop duo, to the mountainside as well.

"Outkast are two of the greatest Georgians in the history of our state," he writes. "It's about time the Empire State of the South paid proper tribute to them, while also improving a great monument and tourist attraction."

Calling members Big Boi and Andre 3000 by their nicknames, he continues: "I believe that Daddy Fat Sacks and Three Stacks should be carved riding in a Cadillac (as is their wont). This will help the new carving blend nicely with the Confederates who are on horseback."

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/georgia-add-outkast-to

Outkast.jpg

Guest facelessman07

^Andre is wearing a confederate flag

Let's erect a statue of him only to take it down later. The taxpayers won't mind

I don't understand why so many liberals give green ranger a hard time. He's one of the few here that speaks his mind and the truth. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Most people around here are pro-pc, so it's really not surprising.