Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Hawley & M. Johnson

So wait, a guy openly says he will play the year at 90% (which is probably pushing it imo), and you guys are clamoring that he's going to be better than ever because of the system?

Not buying that one.

A 90% Hawley will get Matt Ryan 100% injured.

I assume you are aware that by time the playoffs roll around, many players are playing at 90% or under. If you were head coach, would you bench all your starters that were not 100% in the playoffs and let your backups start?

The way I look at it, if Hawley is at 85% and Stone is at 100%, Hawley is still 20% better than Stone ;)

^^^classic example of TATF overrating Hawley - who was only average at 100%. Basically, Hawley is building in an excuse for his future poor play while claiming to be less than 100%.

Hawley also seems to be a big talker - which is fine if you have the game to back it up (which he doesn't).

As far as Hawley telling Stone that he is the starter and it is "his spot" - well Hawley has not exactly earned the spot with a track record of being entrnched as starter - and we have a new coaching staff - shut the F up and EARN your spot in training camp.

Just shut up and play, Joey Bag O' Donuts.

Freeman will surprise a lot of people. He has always had amazing vision and cutting ability, so this new scheme will be great for him. Idk if Coleman can take the starting role but I think we are in pretty good shape RB wise. And Hawley is better than Stone I'm sorry. Especially in the ZBS.

^^^classic example of TATF overrating Hawley - who was only average at 100%. Basically, Hawley is building in an excuse for his future poor play while claiming to be less than 100%.

Hawley also seems to be a big talker - which is fine if you have the game to back it up (which he doesn't).

As far as Hawley telling Stone that he is the starter and it is "his spot" - well Hawley has not exactly earned the spot with a track record of being entrnched as starter - and we have a new coaching staff - shut the F up and EARN your spot in training camp.

First of G-Dawg you got me wanting Moes for lunch now.

Secondly calm down. That was a shot at Stone (probably for R's sake) more than it was an endorsement of Hawley. We all know Hawley could be upgraded but we also know that Stone isn't the answer either. It's just fun to pick on R when he gets like this.

Are you trying to get into R's club or something?

This is all I ask for. Why should Hawley be handed the starting spot on a silver platter? Why should Hawley feel like he is entitled for the starting spot? Because he a 4th rounder, 6 year vet who hasn't put in a full season yet? Go out there and rehab your knee, and earn your spot, just like the rest of the roster. Talk about beating the Saints, Panthers or other tough teams in the NFL and not worry about James Stone. Hawley doesn't even care about the opponents he will face this year, all he cares about is doing just enough to earn his 4 million ridiculous pay out. For him, just enough means playing 6 games at the maximum and then taking the rest of the year off.

Are you trying to get into R's club or something?

I am not defending R.

I am addressing Joe Hawley and separating the wheat from the chafe on his rightful place as a talent and what he has or has not earned.

I am not a Stone proponent either - I don't believe either has a claim or a right to the starting position. It should be earned on the field. In the next two years, we will likely want to upgrade this position again.

He said Freeman is the hardest working guy on the team and gives 110% every time he's in. He can block, catch, and the ZBS is absolutely perfect for him and he's killin it in this system. He probably said it 10x that Freeman will be the biggest surprise of the season and become a household name very soon.

I am always suspect of glowing teammate testimonials, because what else are they going to say? "Yeah, my teammate sucks. Can't wait to replace him."

That being said, if Hawley is speaking the truth, and Freeman has worked, improved his blocking specifically and his game in general, then I will be very happy to see him be another in a long line of great Falcon backs.

I am not defending R. I am addressing Joe Hawley and separating the wheat from the chafe on his rightful place as a talent and what he has or has not earned.

I am not even a Stone proponent either - I don't believe either has a claim or a right to the starting position.

Nobody is saying the things you're arguing against though mate. You're assuming people are overrating him when they really aren't.

In regards to the board, the evidence that I've seen for Hawley being an above average center is a thread by Vel breaking down his tape and delving into the specifics of the position

The evidence for Hawley being subpar? Some gifs of him flopping. Someone feel free to point me to a game demonstrating how poor Hawley is. I'll save them some time, his tape from '13-'14 is rock solid

Yeah, but jack-legs on TATF label him a BUST for getting hurt

Well, he was a bust.

He was a very good draft pick, but injuries caused him to bust. It happens & it sucks that it happens.

Busts happen for all kinds of reasons, including injuries.

This is all I ask for. Why should Hawley be handed the starting spot on a silver platter? Why should Hawley feel like he is entitled for the starting spot? Because he a 4th rounder, 6 year vet who hasn't put in a full season yet? Go out there and rehab your knee, and earn your spot, just like the rest of the roster. Talk about beating the Saints, Panthers or other tough teams in the NFL and not worry about James Stone. Hawley doesn't even care about the opponents he will face this year, all he cares about is doing just enough to earn his 4 million ridiculous pay out. For him, just enough means playing 6 games at the maximum and then taking the rest of the year off.

You assume much and know little.

Chaff.

Chaff is the dry seed casings on wheat and other grains.

Chafe is something rubbing you the wrong way.

I knew it was 50/50 that I misspelled that - dammit, that is what google is for.

In regards to the board, the evidence that I've seen for Hawley being an above average center is a thread by Vel breaking down his tape and delving into the specifics of the position

The evidence for Hawley being subpar? Some gifs of him flopping. Someone feel free to point me to a game demonstrating how poor Hawley is. I'll save them some time, his tape from '13-'14 is rock solid

13 - 14 rock solid? lol. How well did the Falcons do that year? Worst year since Petrino? Offense was garbage. GREAT stuff. Defenses owning the Falcons offense like it was Pros vs High School. MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!

13 - 14 rock solid? lol. How well did the Falcons do that year? Worst year since Petrino? Offense was garbage. GREAT stuff. Defenses owning the Falcons offense like it was Pros vs High School. MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!!

'13-'14 as in both seasons. Why don't you watch some games of Hawley. For example the Bengals week 2 this past season. You'll note Hawley played well, yet our team got spanked. Why? Because the center isn't the only position that dictates whether an offense puts up points or not. Our defense looked literally like a JV team going up against a div 1 college team. Holmes was abused and Carimi was our frickin LT

No but really, go watch Hawley in that game. Bengals have a legit D

I am always suspect of glowing teammate testimonials, because what else are they going to say? "Yeah, my teammate sucks. Can't wait to replace him."

That being said, if Hawley is speaking the truth, and Freeman has worked, improved his blocking specifically and his game in general, then I will be very happy to see him be another in a long line of great Falcon backs.

I used to look at good team mate reviews as fluff pieces but it's a difference when a guy is asked about a specific player vs a gut brings him up on his own

I haven't seen anyone suggest he should be handed the starting job. You are the only one thinking that. All I've seen is people saying that at this point, Hawley is better.

Neither he nor anyone on this thread has said he shouldn't have to earn his spot, as a matter of fact he said he's going to take it BACK not have it given to him. Again, your imagination and bias is running wild.

As if that's all they discussed and that he never cares about the opponents? Again, hogwash and something you pure out invented due to your bias.

"All he cares about is...." again, your imagination and your bias.

If you are happy being the butt of the joke on the boards, keep it up...

I haven't seen anyone suggest he should be handed the starting job. You are the only one thinking that. All I've seen is people saying that at this point, Hawley is better.

Neither he nor anyone on this thread has said he shouldn't have to earn his spot, as a matter of fact he said he's going to take it BACK not have it given to him. Again, your imagination and bias is running wild.

As if that's all they discussed and that he never cares about the opponents? Again, hogwash and something you pure out invented due to your bias.

"All he cares about is...." again, your imagination and your bias.

If you are happy being the butt of the joke on the boards, keep it up...

Regardless of what R said or did not say OR what Hawley did or did not say,

just sticking to the player, HAWLEY has not earned anything - I don't even think there should be a depth chart at center right now. Let the best man win - and hopefully the best man will be able to hold up/stay healthy and perform well over 16 games.

Regardless of what R said or did not say OR what Hawley did or did not say,

just sticking to the player, HAWLEY has not earned anything - I don't even think there should be a depth chart at center right now. Let the best man win - and hopefully the best man will be able to hold up/stay healthy and perform well over 16 games.

I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. The job is Hawley's to lose IMO but that doesn't say he can't lose it...