Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Hawley & M. Johnson

Say average in run blocking, average in pass pro, excellent at pulling and I'll go with you.

He's also not very "heavy handed"

Watch pouncey, Mack or Mangold and you see that terrific punch that just pauses a defender.

I do like joes flexibility. Literally the way he gets deep in a crouch. That makes him a great depth to starter guy. But tbh I think the LT and OC are your most important OL positions

Jake Matthews--who I think will be a great LT, could easily become an All Pro OC I bet. Great athlete, smart. Uses his hands well. His power base should be markedly improved after a true NFL offseason

I agree Hawley isn't heavy handed. Pouncey, Mangold, and Mack are a joy to watch and each can stifle a defender with those heavy hands and a strong punch. But those are also 3 of the top centers in the league

So what? Just because the marks are all going gaga for Hawley's hopeful dream, should mean that Stone should just lay down and quit? James Stone has a daughter and a family, (unlike Hawley) so Stone is playing for more money just like anyone else. Stone is not going to just lay down and die because Joe 90% Hawley wants to get his *** kicked on the field again. Joe Hawley is making a huge mistake. 1) You're talking **** to your own teammate about taking "your" spot back 2) He is firing up James Stone to get even better than before. I hope Hawley keeps running his mouth. Stone actually has balls and guts and is willing to fight anyone.

If Hawley has two purposes this year, his purpose is to 1) Make James Stone the best James Stone he can ever be 2) He can get cut so the Falcons don't have to pay 4 million for his sorry ***.

Thank you Hawley. My prediction of Hawley and Johnson still holds true of both of them being retired by 2016, running football camps for High School O-lineman

Hawley said, "I already told James that was my position and James respectfully agreed."

So "ballsy" so "gutsy"

Na Hawley is an above average center. Slightly above average in both run blocking and pass protection, great when pulling

I'd say A healthy Hawley is average-to-borderline mediocre, a 75% Hawley ( if he says 90%, you know it's something less than that) is bottom tier NFL.

OMFG there is so much wrong said in this post. WOW.

First off Hawley NEVER started at Center in 2012. Only time he got a chance to be on that magical team was when he was ******* EMBARRASSING as a FB in the Redskins game. They didn't even use Hawley as the Jumbo Tight End, MIKE JOHNSON played the Jumbo Tight End.

McClure caused the Fumble in the NFCCG?? WTF!!!!!! Matt Ryan mishandled the snap.

I want this ******* guy banned just for this post.

Put together a poll R. Who would the board rather see banned - you or me? I'll abide with the results if you will.

Guys, I'm scared. What if this team blows up? What if coaching was holding us back and this team is actually loaded with talent and Quinn has inspired everybody to be their best and everybody bought into and now when we finally play we're literally too ******* good? Like, we drop 50 on every team and hold them to 0. We're gonna tear a hole in the universe like that man.

giphy.gif

Man thats great to hear about deprogramming guys and simplifying the scheme and using them to there strengths.I have preached such stuff in our sport of Rugby for years.

It's ok to have some structure but you must put and use a player to his strengths and build your play around the latter.Players make the game not structure and over complicating that leads up to that.

The only disappointment I have with Hawley is he didn't make the position his I wish he had beaten out Mclure 2012 straight up at TC and forced Mclure into retirement.

Before anyone says it if Alex Mack hit the market again this off season I'd sign him immediately no ifs no buts and then without a doubt like my man MSalmon said we'd have 2 sure fire building blocks for the o-line for the next decade at least.

So wait, a guy openly says he will play the year at 90% (which is probably pushing it imo), and you guys are clamoring that he's going to be better than ever because of the system?

Not buying that one.

A 90% Hawley will get Matt Ryan 100% injured.

Hawley said, "I already told James that was my position and James respectfully agreed."

So "ballsy" so "gutsy"

Unlike Hawley, James Stone has a thing called class and respect. Stone doesn't have to go around saying "It's my spot." He will show up to work and earn his spot. Stone doesn't have to go on the radio with his boyfriend and talk for 3 hours about how great life is outside of football. Stone is in the film room and snapping the ball to Matt Ryan every day. Stone isn't going to training camp making excuses about being 90 % or 400 %, he just shows up and gets better every day. James Stone is bigger, tougher, stronger, smarter and more of a leader than Joe Hawley could ever be. Only thing Hawley may have on Stone, is a faster 40 time. Hawley at FB?? Yes let's relive that moment.

Unlike Hawley, James Stone has a thing called class and respect. Stone doesn't have to go around saying "It's my spot." He will show up to work and earn his spot. Stone doesn't have to go on the radio with his boyfriend and talk for 3 hours about how great life is outside of football. Stone is in the film room and snapping the ball to Matt Ryan every day. Stone isn't going to training camp making excuses about being 90 % or 400 %, he just shows up and gets better every day. James Stone is bigger, tougher, stronger, smarter and more of a leader than Joe Hawley could ever be. Only thing Hawley may have on Stone, is a faster 40 time. Hawley at FB?? Yes let's relive that moment.

453973689.0.jpg

but the beard....

0801_KCSP_vols1_07_asb_5447620_ver1.0_64

stonie is jellie

If he had said that, you'd be praising him right now b/c of it lol

Freeman! #RAWR!

People be sleeping on Freeman and acting like they know what he can do but I bet no one has actually gone back and looked. He is gonna tear it up.

Yea I think the running game will be like DVD Coleman(Dunn) Smith(Vick) Freeman(Duckett) with Freeman being game one starter

Yea I think the running game will be like DVD Coleman(Dunn) Smith(Vick) Freeman(Duckett) with Freeman being game one starter

Naw what made DVD work was Vick running from the QB spot. Not saying they can't be successful but on top of Freemen being as big as one of Ducketts shoes they don't really compare to them at all

Im not saying it off statures. You have Freeman smaller than Duckett but faster.

Coleman a bigger Warrick Dunn.

Smith fast like Vick catch me if you can.

This is mainly off the upcoming production with Shanahan calling the plays.

So wait, a guy openly says he will play the year at 90% (which is probably pushing it imo), and you guys are clamoring that he's going to be better than ever because of the system?

Not buying that one.

A 90% Hawley will get Matt Ryan 100% injured.

We have been very lucky so far that Matt is tough as nails.

I agree Hawley isn't heavy handed. Pouncey, Mangold, and Mack are a joy to watch and each can stifle a defender with those heavy hands and a strong punch. But those are also 3 of the top centers in the league

Yup. And back to what I said earlier--can't fix everything in an offseason. So going with a Hawley, Stone or Pearson might be a good stopgap. But I'd be really surprised if both FS and OC weren't high on our wish list next year.

A truly great OC really makes an offense hum

Man thats great to hear about deprogramming guys and simplifying the scheme and using them to there strengths.I have preached such stuff in our sport of Rugby for years.

It's ok to have some structure but you must put and use a player to his strengths and build your play around the latter.Players make the game not structure and over complicating that leads up to that.

The only disappointment I have with Hawley is he didn't make the position his I wish he had beaten out Mclure 2012 straight up at TC and forced Mclure into retirement.

Before anyone says it if Alex Mack hit the market again this off season I'd sign him immediately no ifs no buts and then without a doubt like my man MSalmon said we'd have 2 sure fire building blocks for the o-line for the next decade at least.

Tell them, kiwi!

That'd be a legit line with Matthews, Mack and Asamoah. Almost wouldn't matter who you put at the other 2 spots lol

Im not saying it off statures. You have Freeman smaller than Duckett but faster.

Coleman a bigger Warrick Dunn.

Smith fast like Vick catch me if you can.

This is mainly off the upcoming production with Shanahan calling the plays.

Yeah hopefully production can be similar but Tone isn't gone touch the ball as much as Vick. Its looking like Freemen will be lead back with Coleman alternating in and Tone running some gadget plays but who knows what happens. Interesting to see if they can feed all 3 but it's a good problem to have for the team

first_gif_by_insanity_wolf_cry-d65vsov.g