Uninsured Rate Continues To Drop Since Obamacare Took Effect.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Does HRC not have the most comprehensive plan for help fix Obamacare? You say But, but really its And. I get both. Someone who can fix Obamacare AND supports Net Neutrality. Win-Win for me. 

giphy.gif

Who trusts the government (dems) to fix what they already fugged up...you'll see the results of that on Tuesday

19 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I agree with her tax and domestic policy, so why would they swap me? I trust her on FoPo than anyone else running. May not agree with it, but better than the rest. 

I am pretty sure that was a joke. Also being articulate on an tech and being good at tech are two different things. I think plenty of people here could become knowledgeable on tech issues, but I do not expect them to be able to code up Dijkstra's algorithm. 

Articulating tech issues, like the security concerns around using personal e-mail servers for confidential communications. Or what the letter "c" marking means. Or why it's important not to clean a server in order to ensure said confidential communication had not been compromised in the past. 

She is very articulate on tech issues. She very clearly communicated why her convenience of using one device was more important to her than the sensitivity of what was being communicated, creating a tech issue that required a LOT of hours of investigation. 

Being articulate on something you don't understand only spreads your misunderstanding. Either she does not understand tech, which would support her plea of ignorance but would not support her ability to articulate tech issues properly. Or she does understand tech, confirming she is a liar, and cannot be trusted to tell the truth about the tech issues she is trying to articulate.

5 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Articulating tech issues, like the security concerns around using personal e-mail servers for confidential communications. Or what the letter "c" marking means. Or why it's important not to clean a server in order to ensure said confidential communication had not been compromised in the past. 

She is very articulate on tech issues. She very clearly communicated why her convenience of using one device was more important to her than the sensitivity of what was being communicated, creating a tech issue that required a LOT of hours of investigation. 

Being articulate on something you don't understand only spreads your misunderstanding. Either she does not understand tech, which would support her plea of ignorance but would not support her ability to articulate tech issues properly. Or she does understand tech, confirming she is a liar, and cannot be trusted to tell the truth about the tech issues she is trying to articulate.

That's an understatement...

Here's an idea for fixing or healthcare issues - Get rid of the privately owned banking cartel and print our own fake money instead of "borrowing" fake money from the Federal Reserve. Those annual trillions of dollars that we pay just for the INTEREST on the debt to the Fed would go a long way to fixing a lot of this country's monetary issues. 

5 minutes ago, capologist said:

So, it's renewal time again where I work.  Drug co-pays are going up 150%, no news on premiums yet. So all these uninsured get subsidized care while the middle class gets boned again.  How in the **** does anyone support this?

More than likely because they may know someone with lesser means that it helps.  I know I'd be paying 1k a month for a silver plan.  My question is are states that took the subsidies having the same problems?

4 minutes ago, lostone said:

More than likely because they may know someone with lesser means that it helps.  I know I'd be paying 1k a month for a silver plan.  My question is are states that took the subsidies having the same problems?

It's across the board because all health insurance companies are raising their rates due to covering things they never had to cover before.  It's all a sham though.  This plan was never passed to actually succeed.  It was a foot in the door to force single-payer.  If that's the route we take I really hope we go to the German system but while I like the idea of it, I'm skeptical because, well, I'm a skeptic especially when it comes to our government doing anything...

25 minutes ago, capologist said:

It's across the board because all health insurance companies are raising their rates due to covering things they never had to cover before.  It's all a sham though.  This plan was never passed to actually succeed.  It was a foot in the door to force single-payer.  If that's the route we take I really hope we go to the German system but while I like the idea of it, I'm skeptical because, well, I'm a skeptic especially when it comes to our government doing anything...

That is fair.  Nothing wrong with a mix of corrupt public and corrupt private options ;)

5 hours ago, capologist said:

Amen to that.  

21 hours ago, capologist said:

I think you give government way too much credit.  It was just a bunch of politicians trying to do everything they could to get a little more for their cause.  And shockingly, the people are getting screwed.  

So, it's renewal time again where I work.  Drug co-pays are going up 150%, no news on premiums yet. So all these uninsured get subsidized care while the middle class gets boned again.  How in the **** does anyone support this?

Serious question: how are you separating cost/premium increases "caused" by the ACA from cost/premium increases that were already happening before the ACA? I mean, it's not like healthcare costs were stable before the ACA got passed. They've been leaping upward for years and years. 

I don't think so cappie. It isn't across the board. It's variable from state to state, source to source. 

Our approach moving forward has to be a two-fold approach. 1) focusing on HEALTH not healthcare and 2) having a baseline public option with private supplemental options. I don't see how anything else is sustainable. And TBH, I'm not sure that'll help either. Ultimately, we're going to have to wrestle with the fact that a profit-motivated healthcare system may not be viable. Which is disastrous in its own right. 

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I don't think so cappie. It isn't across the board. It's variable from state to state, source to source. 

Our approach moving forward has to be a two-fold approach. 1) focusing on HEALTH not healthcare and 2) having a baseline public option with private supplemental options. I don't see how anything else is sustainable. And TBH, I'm not sure that'll help either. Ultimately, we're going to have to wrestle with the fact that a profit-motivated healthcare system may not be viable. Which is disastrous in its own right. 

God knows you can't ask Americans to make better choices about what they eat and getting a little exercise....personal responsibility is so un-American

7 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

God knows you can't ask Americans to make better choices about what they eat and getting a little exercise....personal responsibility is so un-American

I think this response fails to address a massive contributor to this epidemic. 

We have  a situation where millions and millions of Americans ARE making "better" choices....or at least, choosing products designed to create the impression that the consumer has made a more responsible choice. In reality, the proliferation of highly process foods packed with sugar hasnt really changed at all. And it's so prevalent in the food supply that its very difficult to avoid. Especially for people with lower incomes. 

This problem should be discussed and treated with the appropriate level of nuance. It isnt just "eat better, do more exercises." It's much more than that.  

28 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Everything I've been reading is saying it's across the board.  

17 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think this response fails to address a massive contributor to this epidemic. 

We have  a situation where millions and millions of Americans ARE making "better" choices....or at least, choosing products designed to create the impression that the consumer has made a more responsible choice. In reality, the proliferation of highly process foods packed with sugar hasnt really changed at all. And it's so prevalent in the food supply that its very difficult to avoid. Especially for people with lower incomes. 

This problem should be discussed and treated with the appropriate level of nuance. It isnt just "eat better, do more exercises." It's much more than that.  

according to Pew, only 13% of Americans don't use the internet and most of those are probably the elderly so....

Step 1: Google 'Eat Healthy On a Budget'

Step 2: Follow that advice

1 hour ago, Dago 3.0 said:

If it were only that simple.  People who do the right thing still get sick, it is inevitable.  Granted if people followed some basic rules about health the percentages of sick people would go down. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If it were only that simple.  People who do the right thing still get sick, it is inevitable.  Granted if people followed some basic rules about health the percentages of sick people would go down. 

who said that eating better and getting a little exercise would eliminate health issues? nobody

however it would eliminate a large number of very costly health issues