Uninsured Rate Continues To Drop Since Obamacare Took Effect.

19 minutes ago, lostone said:

I can't wait to go back to the old way.  I'll be okay.  But hey, if you can't afford insurance and your kid gets sick and you can't pay, too bad.  Better luck next time. Make more money.  Oh you had insurance , but they dropped you when   You needed it.  Oh well

Multiply what you are saying here by 10.  That's the single payer (public option system) that would be worse for most.  Who says better luck next time or you had insurance?  How come when people left of center throw in their opinion they add so much nonsense that no one making the point said?  Is that some sort of art form I am not aware of?  Oh let me twist their words around, and make a statement they didn't say, then I will attack them for what they didn't say.  

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Multiply what you are saying here by 10.  That's the single payer (public option system) that would be worse for most.  Who says better luck next time or you had insurance?  How come when people left of center throw in their opinion they add so much nonsense that no one making the point said?  Is that some sort of art form I am not aware of?  Oh let me twist their words around, and make a statement they didn't say, then I will attack them for what they didn't say.  

It's pretty much what going back to the old system means.  You must accept the good with the bad.  When you want things to end and don't put any extra context to it, what do you expect to happen.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

It's pretty much what going back to the old system means.  You must accept the good with the bad.  When you want things to end and don't put any extra context to it, what do you expect to happen.

I think everyone realizes we need to need to find a middle ground between the old system and the ACA.  Not many believe the current system is viable.  

21 hours ago, lostone said:

Again, nothing inferred about going back to the old system...you keep lighting the matches and I keep blowing them out.

18 hours ago, lostone said:

My opinion has never really been a very popular one, but I said it before the ACA and I'll continue to say it after.  The solution to the problem is regulation.  A capitalist society needs to be regulated from abuse.  It does not need overwhelming micromanagement of an industry, where the regulation gets in the way of the capitalist nature of economic expansion.  Anybody that argues against "any" regulation is ignoring the long history of monopolistic practices that have hurt the public in pure capitalist societies.  That's part of the problem though.  The current generation of Conservative leaders want to do away with all industry regulation while the current generation of Democrats want to own an entire industry.  

If you think about the tech industry, if AT&T was not regulated back in the day, there would not have been the competition we see in today's market that has forced everyone to continually innovate.  AT&T would've owned every physical cable in the ground, and the rapid expansion would not have come about.  With that same argument, if the government would have involved itself the way they have with the ACA, it would have slowed the advancement of the communications industry.  The automobile industry?  Same story, enough regulation to stimulate competition, not so much that it hinders innovation.  Utilities?  They have been over-regulated, and this has impeded on industry innovation.  

And now the Left wants to scream about the lack of innovation for alternative fuel sources by the utility companies.

3 hours ago, kicker said:

She's done a masterful job on her other signature deals (Libya, funding rebels in Syria), so why not.  

Libya is on a path to being a positive. Two major factions have agreed to the new interim unity government and ISIS has been driven out. 

From my understanding Obama didn't approve the arming of rebels until 2 years after she left office. 

On August 17, 2016 at 10:03 AM, GEORGIAfan said:

Wouldn't be a problem if we had a public option. 

We do have a public option in most states for those that qualify.  It's called Medicaid, and it sucks too.  There is nothing to control costs in Medicaid or Medicare other than absurdly low reimbursement rates that incentivize doctors to give tests that aren't needed.  The fraud associated with Medicare and Medicaid is running around 15-20% of total program costs, estimated at $100B/year,  far higher than fraud and profit combined in private healthcare.  

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Bring on the German system...

No thanks Cappy.  A country that is telling people they cannot take care of them because of terrorists?  That they should stock up on food and water?  I don't think I want them controlling my healthcare.  I know it's both socialized and private mixed together.  

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

SnappyLeftBaiji.gif

I have two very close friends that are German.   Both were physicians in Germany, and it sucked so bad for them that they both came to the US, and went through a full residency program here.  One is an anesthesiologist, the other is a cardiac surgeon, who just finished his residency and is finally practicing at the age of 42.

Unlike many countries with national health–Canada, say, or the U.K.–where private insurance generally supplements public coverage, Germany has two separate systems that coexist, with private plans indirectly benefiting from the cost controls of the public system.

Whether they have public or private coverage, most Germans love their care. In a recent survey by m&m Management & Marketing Consulting 84% of private insurance clients expressed satisfaction; so did 85% of those who rely on the public system. Tough to find that in America. Germany spends $3,588 per capita, per year, or 10.4% of its GDP, on health care. The U.S. shells out $7,290 per person, 16% of economic output. This difference is not because we have more old people. One in five Germans is 65 or older, compared with one in eight in the U.S.

“If you want a health care system where you don’t have to worry that you could go broke, where you could lose your health insurance or get off-the-charts doctors bills, look at the German model,” says Uwe Reinhardt, economics professor at Princeton University. He believes that German and Swiss systems, which offer near-universal care without rationing services, come closest to something that Americans, long used to a private system, could stomach.

Beyond Hysterics: The Health Care Model That Works - Forbes

2 hours ago, kicker said:

It works for everyone but the physicians.  I wonder what doctors will do when we tell them they're going to take a 75% pay cut.  

What are some methods of addressing cost that your wife and her colleagues believe would work?

I never get to interact with any doctors in a social setting, so I never get to hear them speak frankly on the matter.