Let's Ask Each Other Race-Related Questions For Learning Purposes.

I predict this lasts maybe 12 posts before it gets actually racist and/or political. I'm a born again gambler, and I'm putting my chips on this place not being a cesspool of idiocy for once.

I'll start, and my question is directed towards the Black Americans of the board:

Why do so many of you guys (and a few of the girls) laugh as if you're trying to sign on to the Internet in the 90's?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to say this without sounding racist but what's up with the unusual names given to black people?

Unusual to who? White people? Because they're pretty usual to black people obviously. Or should they be required to conform to your idea of standard naming conventions?

I don't know how to say this without sounding racist but what's up with the unusual names given to black people?

What I find far more interesting than given names is the fact that 79% percent of people in black neighborhoods have nicknames or at least that has been my experience.

I'm secretly jealous that black people can get away with naming their kids classical Roman names like Octavius, Julius, or Lucretia. My friend just named his son Cassius ("Cash" for short), and that's badass to me.

I think the tide has turned. Black girls naming their daughters Hope, Page, Britney (or whatever variation of the spelling), Kaylie, and on and on. The La, De, D', Q', and such is so 1970s for the boys.

I think the tide has turned. Black girls naming their daughters Hope, Page, Britney (or whatever variation of the spelling), Kaylie, and on and on. The La, De, D', Q', and such is so 1970s for the boys.

All I can picture with those names is a trailer park.

See Post # 19. I get a "hoot" out of Bubba, Billy Jack, Bobby Joe, Sally Sue, Rabbit, Mary Kate, Jenny Sue.....................

All I can picture is a single trailer shared by all of them.