Gerald Green F/g Just Signed With The Heat!

rollo lawson

I'll take the 23 year old who came from a horrible situation and is on the up over the 30 year old that came from a great situation and is potentially beginning his decline.

I'm 100% certain that THj will improve his shooting percentage in Coach Bud's system. And there's no question he is more athletic than Gerald Green.

Korver just shot 49% and gave us 12 ppg. He's not going to drop off the cliff either. THj has time to develop. We don't need a stop-gap at the 2. THj needs minutes in this system to become what they clearly believe he can become.

I'll take the 23 year old who came from a horrible situation and is on the up over the 30 year old that came from a great situation and is potentially beginning his decline.

I'm 100% certain that THj will improve his shooting percentage in Coach Bud's system. And there's no question he is more athletic than Gerald Green.

Korver just shot 49% and gave us 12 ppg. He's not going to drop off the cliff either. THj has time to develop. We don't need a stop-gap at the 2. THj needs minutes in this system to become what they clearly believe he can become.

More athletic? Have you seen Gerald Green play? This guys game has developed over time. He runs the floor, can jump out of the gym, and has developed a nice three point shot. He would be a nice "piece", not a franchise cornerstone. This team needs to get more athletic in the backcourt and on the wing. Especially with Thabo's injury situation.

BTW, how old is Kyle Korver again?

Edited by rollo lawson

Awesome. He's on a different team.

LaMarcus Aldridge would have been great for us too. ****, why didn't we sign LeBron even? **** the Hawks for not signing 5 max contract superstars at every position!

Seriously, WTF are you on about? You just going to keep picking guys out of the blue that other teams signed so you can complain and armchair GM from the keyboard and infer our organization is doing a poor job?

Awesome. He's on a different team.

LaMarcus Aldridge would have been great for us too. ****, why didn't we sign LeBron even? **** the Hawks for not signing 5 max contract superstars at every position!

Seriously, WTF are you on about? You just going to keep picking guys out of the blue that other teams signed so you can complain and armchair GM from the keyboard and infer our organization is doing a poor job?

Please go sit down somewhere. You sound so silly! Suggesting that a player be pursued has nothing to do with saying the organization is doing a poor job. Anybody that knows basketball could see that the Hawks need to make some minor tweaks to take the next step. Getting more athletic on the wing is a tweak. Green, in my opinion, would have provided that. I watch basketball, not just the Hawks. Ive watched Green's game grow. If you don't like him, that's on you playa. Edited by rollo lawson

Streaky like Jamal Crawford? I'll take that as a role player

The only difference is Crawford has won the 6th man of the year award twice...Gerald Green has won a dunk contest. Crawford also holds the record for most 4 point plays in NBA History. I'm not saying Green wont amount to anything but he has been in the league for about 10 years hasn't he?

Please go sit down somewhere. You sound so silly! Suggesting that a player be pursued has nothing to do with saying the organization is doing a poor job. Anybody that knows basketball could see that the Hawks need to make some minor tweaks to take the next step. Getting more athletic on the wing is a tweak. Green, in my opinion, would have provided that. I watch basketball, not just the Hawks. Ive watched Green's game grow. If you don't like him, that's on you playa.

Ok, again... He signed with a different team. He even signed with a different team BEFORE you began making love-fest posts honking his proverbial little-Gerald in multiple threads.

You're doing "woulda, coulda, shoulda" hind-sight stuff and talking about a player we can't sign and clearly insinuating we SHOULD have signed.

How is anyone here supposed to interpret that other than you inferring you believe this organization missed out on him and therefore did something wrong?

He's not coming here. He's on a different team. There's no more need to keep telling us how great you think he is.

Edited by Beef

• 3 months later...